That 117th minute will haunt me to the day I die

The Goal Machine

Never mind the penalties that passage of play was the point I thought we are going to win the cup.

No blame Kent hit it flush and the keepers save was McGregoresque, brilliant for him tragic for us.

It will live with on all of our minds forever.

Just go on and win tomorrow Rangers we deserve it.

The ball was possibly out and it would have been ruled out by VAR, that would have been an even bigger sickener!
Yeah, that's my feeling. The disappointment of the moment was incredible... can you imagine how much harder it would have been after the moment of utter euphoria?

Terrific save, keeper didn't know it would have been ruled out.

Never mind the penalties that passage of play was the point I thought we are going to win the cup.

No blame Kent hit it flush and the keepers save was McGregoresque, brilliant for him tragic for us.

I think the goal was going to be ruled out. Presumably that's why we didn't get a corner. I could not have coped with it being ruled out by VAR.

Goldson failing to clear is going to live with me for some time.

I felt the same till I saw the picture this morning.

The ball was out, it would not have stood.

Also

Also Davis shot going g in the top bin and the defender got a head on it to deflect it over the bar. We never got a corner as well the shot was going in it was just a slight deflection.

Tbh
I'm now at peace with it after the initial heartbreak and dejection

We have been on an incredible journey this season and it's been an absolute joy to behold and nothing can take those memories away

We just lost out in cagey ,nervy European final ,which we had some good luck and some bad luck .

Time to move on to the next challenge ,gub hearts tomorrow and end on a high ,then prepare to take our title back from Them next season .

Fine margins.
#letsgo

This is about as far as I can zoom in on my phone. I don't think it's counting.

F6-A03285-DB0-E-4961-8554-8-CCC12-B7-D950.png

The journey was incredible, the match was won by a lottery shootout - I'm looking forward to tomorrow and then seeing who we can bring in during the summer.

The follow up hurts more for me. Heading right in before it takes two tiny deflections ( no corner given). Was sure it was going in
First other than myself I have heard follow up mentioned, two game saving chances! That skidded header saved them right after Kent's chance!

It was out. That's why it was a goal kick and not a corner, the ref just let play continue because the VAR would look at it if it was a goal.

No doubt Goldson could have done better but the 'attempt' at blocking the cross from Wright was shocking. The guy wasn't exactly sprinting down the wing, he was given a free opportunity to throw the ball into a dangerous area - where a lot of their goals come from.

It's a sitter from Kent, nothing will ever convince me otherwise.

Our defending for their goal was abysmal though and I knew from Ramsey's run up he was missing. You can always tell when a player's in two minds.

It wouldn't have stood anyway as the ball had went out it would have only made the feeling worse.

Would have been a big shock to the opponent's though and got under their skin. Instead Trapp went into the penalties feeling king of the world quite rightly. Keeper pulls off a save like that he feels unstoppable and boosts the confidence of his penalty takers.

It's water under the bridge. But small margins and butterfly wings. If var needed to rule out a late goal instead of a wonder save - the penalties don't go the same. Not saying a different result. But it would have been a different dynamic.

This.

People need to realise neither Kent nor Davis follow up would have counted , the ball was out and our hearts would have been smashed to pieces by VAR.

It’s small consolation but it definitley is some. The goal wouldn’t have stood OP.
I would disagree I don’t think the full ball was over the line. The Frankfurt defenders never appealed for ball being out either so it tells me ball wasn’t out.

I would disagree I don’t think the full ball was over the line. The Frankfurt defenders never appealed for ball being out either so it tells me ball wasn’t out.
It is over. It’s conclusive especially in the Ariel view.

This is about as far as I can zoom in on my phone. I don't think it's counting.

F6-A03285-DB0-E-4961-8554-8-CCC12-B7-D950.png
That's also a good indication of just how heavily strapped up Roofe was for those moaning about him not being on a lot earlier. He was clearly only ever fit for a short cameo and a penalty. Probably quite fortunate that the run he made to get to that ball didn't f*ck him for taking the penalty.

Back