That lot make their first move in the transfer market

They seem like players to help the squad rather than go straight into their starting 11

Can anyone really see Brown or McGregor bing dropped from the heart of the midfield ? no chance !

Don’t see anything to fear from this type of signing

will the guy play?

how long will he take to settle?

If they don’t buy midfielders or full backs or centre backs we still have their number

Nottingham Forest could see their hopes of signing former Leeds United winger Jack Clarke on loan from Spurs this month dashed.
Clarke is subject to an approach from Scottish Premier League champions Celtic, Football Insider have claimed, with Neil Lennon’s side keen to beat Forest to his signature.
Spurs are understood to be keen to let Clarke leave on loan this month with a list of clubs vying for the chance to signing.

Nottingham Post

I think we have to bear in mind he is 21. Strikers very rarely have brilliant goal to game ratios age 18-21. I've never seen him but I don't think his goal to game ratio is something to hold against him.

by the age of 21, Lewandowski (the player the Scottish press will call him "the new" for the next 6 months unless he's absolute pish) had been top scorer in the top league in Poland :cool:

we had Julien down as a donkey on here when they signed him. He isn’t. Some posters on here rubbish every player they sign. Stupidity.

Don’t know this player but he will have some talent. We need to wait and see.

Griffitgs is no donkey either. Yes a total Ned but far from a useless footballer. Him going to Hibs won’t help us.
Thumbs career is over.

Julien isn’t as great as the unwashed believe. He should have been sent off against us and resorted to off the ball incidents against Alfie to try and noise him up. He was getting pulled all over the defence by us in both games. For me he’s a McKenna with a bit more experience

£3.5m for a polish striker, not sure if anyone has seen much of him but seems a lot considering his stats look ordinary

YTXs4g4.gif

I'd be wary of writing off any player. After all the manky mhob sniggered and laughed when we signed a Colombian dud from HJK Helsinki.
I'd have been more worried had they got the french lad from Le harve but when we signed morelos his goalscoring stats and style of play suggests he was going go be successful this lad they have signed has nothing to really back it up. Hes not going to be there number one striker so it's not improving there first 11

I don't think there will be one, they will get these 2 and a winger and that will be that, he wont drop the current brave heroes so these players will be to help the squad.
The new lewandowski and who mate? I haven't read the whole thread

Somewhere in between squad player and regular starter for them.
12 starts out of 17 appearances. Their main striker (Jesus Imaz) has started 20 from 20.

7 goals in 12 starts (7 goals in 1076 minutes 0.59 goals per 90) is ok, but not stellar.
2 assist in same period gives him overall goal contribution of 0.75 per 90 (actually the best contributor in their squad...just)

Main striker has 11 goals in 20 starts and 3 assists (Overall goal contribution of 0.74/90 - so similar)

Basically I think they're getting an above average striker with potential to play back up / fill in for Eduoard.

Not a signing we should be particularly scared of, but probably bolsters their squad considering they don't trust their other strikers.

Won't be as effective as Defoe imo.

by the age of 21, Lewandowski (the player the Scottish press will call him "the new" for the next 6 months unless he's absolute pish) had been top scorer in the top league in Poland :cool:
Lewandowski is one of the best strikers of his era. McCoist for example scored 8 in 30 league games at 21. Morelos was 21 when he signed and scored 14 in 35. Van Nistelrooy scored 13 in 31 league games at 21. Strikers are very hard to judge at that age and unless they are hardly scoring at all the goals to game ratio tells you very little in isolation.

There seems to be more leeway given to the mentally challengeds on here for signing this guy than our board would get if we were going after someone with the same profile :eek:

There seems to be more leeway given to the mentally challengeds on here for signing this guy than our board would get if we were going after someone with the same profile :eek:

Last time we spent anything near £3.5m on a winger/striker with that bad a scoring record was Lafferty from Burnley.

The news wasn't received very well.

I'm extremely surprised they're taking gambles in this window. That polish boys record is garbage in a really poor league. how the hell are they paying 3.5m for that?

We paid similar for Helander, who is fully fledged internationalist and a Serie A defender ffs

You would usually pay a premium for forwards though, don't you?

I have read different posters say he players in the 2nd tier. Then I have read he plays in the 1st tier of Polish football. Can anyone confirm? Did the team get promoted this year?

Media seem to be saying the pole has said he isn’t coming to be a backup and that Timmy may play him off the french striker.

they’d be left wide open doing that

Given their history of telling porkies by way of the Seville calculator I’d be surprised if they spent more than two million on this lad.
Time will tell if it’s a wise investment.

Thought he had a release clause of £3.5m?

Nottingham Forest could see their hopes of signing former Leeds United winger Jack Clarke on loan from Spurs this month dashed.
Clarke is subject to an approach from Scottish Premier League champions Celtic, Football Insider have claimed, with Neil Lennon’s side keen to beat Forest to his signature.
Spurs are understood to be keen to let Clarke leave on loan this month with a list of clubs vying for the chance to signing.

Nottingham Post

Jack Clarke is a good player and someone I would not want them to be signing.

Watching a video of him and he looks promising tbh.
He look decent in his video but so do 99% of players when we go to check their youtube video.

One thing we have an advantage on is squad harmony, their squad is a mish mash of players from all over the place and thats only going to increase by the end of this window.

Ours seem to very close and we have the momentum under Gerrard, i don't think anything will be able to stop that personally.

They are apparently signing a 21 year old Nigerian defensive mid from some team in Israel. Not a chance he’s coming in to play ahead of Brown or McGregor this season.

If they keep buying back up players it’s good news for us, as we have shown we can deal with what they have at the moment.

What a strange strategy they have though, especially when their fans are consumed and obsessed with ’the 10’. If they don’t strengthen their fans are going to be baying for blood, the pressure will become toxic, which is nice.
They seem to want four players for every position while not strengthening their starting 11. Bloated wasteful squad.

Been mentioned , but too many unmoveable untouchable players in their starting 11. Let’s hope this all has a negative on them

Not that I want to get ahead of myself but its oddly pleasing to see them needing so many positions covered but still have about 900 players on the books.

In my opinion it never bodes well to see a team trying to patch their squad up in January.

He’s a bang average defender that they spunked 7m on.

I actually think the french boy is not a bad defender.

Alfredo made him look bang average but then again hes did that to a lot of centre halves who have came up against him in the europa.

Hes a complete tadger though and along with ajer, they are both players I despise with a hatred I normally reserve for scottish/oirish mentally challengeds.

He's had a lot of injury problems mate, but if fit he's a good option for them.

Would give them a bit of physicality, which is something they seriously lack.
I’m not sure Victor wants his stock to fall by leaving the EPL even on loan. Plus imagine ntcham and rogic would almost definitely then ask for an out! They have a lot of midfielders and Brown thankfully is untouchable......he’s their biggest problem in terms of stopping progression.

He look decent in his video but so do 99% of players when we go to check their youtube video.

One thing we have an advantage on is squad harmony, their squad is a mish mash of players from all over the place and thats only going to increase by the end of this window.

Ours seems very close and we have the momentum under Gerrard, i don't think anything will be able to stop that personally.
Totally agree with that and let’s hope so.

I actually think the french boy is not a bad defender.

Alfredo made him look bang average but then again hes did that to a lot of centre halves who have came up against him in the europa.

Hes a complete tadger though and along with ajer, they are both players I despise with a hatred I normally reserve for scottish/oirish mentally challengeds.
Did you not see his performance against Livingston?

Dykes rag dolled the life out him. He hates close attention and I just wish more hammer thorwers in the SPFL stuck to him.

I’m not sure Victor wants his stock to fall by leaving the EPL even on loan. Plus imagine ntcham and rogic would almost definitely then ask for an out! They have a lot of midfielders and Brown thankfully is untouchable......he’s their biggest problem in terms of stopping progression.

Yeah, you may well be right mate.

I'm hearing a few stories about Rogic wanting out and the mentally challengeds happy to get rid.

3 goals in his last 30 games isn't great reading for an attacking mid.

One I speak to in work (regular hospitality goer) reckons they will bring in 6 or 7 players.

Said to him that's just silly and will upset the balance of their team, but he is absolutely convinced they will bring in at least 2 new strikers, 2 wingers, a midfielder and "strengthen at the back"

He's usually fairly spot on with his info too which is making me think they will recruit quite aggressively. What a confidence boost for the rest of the side.

Oh, and they are wanting Martin Boyle from Hibs :D

Did you not see his performance against Livingston?

Dykes rag dolled the life out him. He hates close attention and I just wish more hammer thorwers in the SPFL stuck to him.

I did mate and its a fair point.

However menga tore goldson a new one when they beat us a couple of years ago and then more recently big dykes ran helander and goldson ragged in the cup game.

Agree on the close attention as he does not like it 'up him' so to speak :))

Can see Wanyama going to them tbh what’s your opinion on that mate?

Wanyama hasn’t played much in recent times. It would be the equivalent of when we brought Davis in on January and he wasn’t match fit. Wanyama is a good player but by the time he’s caught up it will be too late.

Thought he had a release clause of £3.5m?
I could be wrong mate and they have indeed paid the required amount in this case, but if the story about the release clause has originated from a mentally challenged friendly source I’d bet it’s laced with bullshit.

I’ve spoke to a Polish guy I know who supports Legia and he’s told me that he’s a good player with lots of potential, always seems to find the back of the net.

I wish folk wouldn’t start with this “he’s shite as he’s in the second tier of Polish football”. We don’t know how he will be.

Always finds the back of the net? Well it's certainly not with a football. 8 goals in 39 top flight appearances, I'd suggest that your polish mate is being slightly economical with that description .

Back