That pitch

Midfield General

In my opinion that pitch was a leveller,I know many will say that is no excuse,same for both teams etc,but it suited them as no game pattern was allowed to develop.Passing accurately was nigh on impossible and by the time the ball was under control our players were marked.We beat them reasonably easy at Ibrox and on a decent playing surface we would have again.

Pitch is same for both sides our lack of attempts at the goal is a far far bigger concern

In my opinion that pitch was a leveller,I know many will say that is no excuse,same for both teams etc,but it suited them as no game pattern was allowed to develop.Passing accurately was nigh on impossible and by the time the ball was under control our players were marked.We beat them reasonably easy at Ibrox and on a decent playing surface we would have again.

What was the excuse for the previous 2 games against Dundee and Aberdeen?

There were a few occasions that the pitch really hindered us and stopped our flow. I'm not one for blaming external factors, but if that pitch was better I'm confident we'd have won. There were so many times we got into good positions and just couldn't had to take the extra touch or slightly change direction or delay a pass because the ball was bobbling about like %^*&

What was the excuse for the previous 2 games against Dundee and Aberdeen?
Not looking to make excuses for the teams performances,European games are different as teams tend to have a go and not sit in,that normally gives us a chance to play.
Domestically all the teams sit in and hope to counter on the break.It is clear that we don't have the type of midfielder to drive through packed defences or unpick them with clever passing,so it is not excuses but reasons as Walter Smith used to say.

Love that people say this and gloss over the fact we scored against Dundee from open play and were cheated out the goal

Errrr, did you not see Halliday's FREE KICK - and we weren't cheated out of a goal any more than we were lucky the week before at Tynecastle. Open your eyes before you post

Errrr, did you not see Halliday's FREE KICK - and we weren't cheated out of a goal any more than we were lucky the week before at Tynecastle. Open your eyes before you post

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Did you not see Lafferty scoring a perfectly good goal and being called offside when he wasn't?

Yip the pitch had a pilz (mushroom fungal) infection at the start of the season thats why its so bad..there is talk over here of digging it up over the Winter break.

Back