That's how you do it (Cantwell coming off the pitch)

I despise Stewart but you've got that wrong. He said he needs to stop the rolling about then bouncing straight back up. He's right, it is embarrassing. He's rolling about and the minute the free kick is given he springs right back up, we'd slate an opposition player for doing it.

My issue with Stewart is that he's always trying to find the negative angle. Rather than talk Cantwell up for what was great bit of ball retention he jumps on the negative angle.

4 minutes in to the game and he's being his usual negative self and sticking the boot in to Dessers saying he just isn't good enough, 30 seconds later Dessers with a sublime goal.

We need to get rid of these idiots from our broadcasts. I want people who talk the game up, find the positive in it and make you watching experience more enjoyable. 4 minutes in to a semi final and writing off a striker just stinks of bitterness and unprofessionalism
I’m sure he mentions it every time other players do it too. Definitely wouldn’t just be picking out a Rangers player who he dislikes for doing something that every other player in the modern game does.

I’m sure he mentions it every time other players do it too. Definitely wouldn’t just be picking out a Rangers player who he dislikes for doing something that every other player in the modern game does.

Firstly, in this incident he wasn't being overly theatrical but he is guilty of it far too often, in my opinion and it gives idiots like Stewart the opportunity to talk him down. Cantwell is nowhere near a special case though, we see about 8 head knocks a game these days but no one is ranting about they players. Todd does get involved in gamesmanship but no more so than the majority of players we come up against.

What leads up to the foul is a great bit of skill to keep the ball against 3 opposition players. But Stewart is so hardwired in to misery and so desperate to rant in that negative, whining tone of his that the great bit of skill doesn't even register with him.

McCoist is usually a great listen on commentary but he wasn't on his usual form and how could you be sitting next to that miserable litte boy!

I was thinking the same,my brother turned to me and said that's some piece of skill that, so both of us we're in agreement and then you hear that mentally challenged fool speak crap ,think your correct the bitterness just oozes out of him.
Glad someone else noticed it. He's definitely the pricks prick. He should be embarrassed by his comments. He gets away with it week after week and nothing ever gets done about it. See if that was Kris Boyd every week slating celic players, that mhob would have a linch mob out for him, ending up with Boyd getting sacked. But our board just let this pure bias happen and they all think they can say what they want because nothing will be done about it. Rangers should be contacting Premier sports or whatever else channel he's commenting on and saying if he doesn't get took off our games, they will release a statement to the Rangers fans to boycott their prescription to that channel. That would soon sort it out.

Glad someone else noticed it. He's definitely the pricks prick. He should be embarrassed by his comments. He gets away with it week after week and nothing ever gets done about it. See if that was Kris Boyd every week slating celic players, that mhob would have a linch mob out for him, ending up with Boyd getting sacked. But our board just let this pure bias happen and they all think they can say what they want because nothing will be done about it. Rangers should be contacting Premier sports or whatever else channel he's commenting on and saying if he doesn't get took off our games, they will release a statement to the Rangers fans to boycott their prescription to that channel. That would soon sort it out.
Agree totally

If he had that attitude every game, we would be in a better place
He is clearly very talented but gets involved in the politics of games way too much. It’s a strategy from our opponents to wind him up and it works. If he could stay focused on his ability and take it out on his opponents with his football instead of getting into pissing contests he’d be a fantastic footballer.

He is clearly very talented but gets involved in the politics of games way too much. It’s a strategy from our opponents to wind him up and it works. If he could stay focused on his ability and take it out on his opponents with his football instead of getting into pissing contests he’d be a fantastic footballer.
That was the thing about Morelos too. And the big question was always the same, if you take his "Dedication" away from him, would you still have a good player. If he's told to calm it down, does that take an edge away from him?

I think in the last couple of months he’s been addressing that TR.

He had about 5 yellows over a short period earlier in the season & id guess big Phil
Had a word in his ear ?

See about the 70th minute, he had the ball in the middle of the park with 3 Hertz players around him, he keeps the ball by doing some fancy footwork and gets fouled. That idiot Stewart said on commentary, Cantwell needs to cut all that dancing about, it's embarrassing. I actually couldn't believe what I was hearing, 3 players trying to get in and take the ball and he shows some great skill, skinning the 3 players and then gets took out and you've got to listen to that idiot suggesting he was falling about looking for a foul. What an absolute muppet that guy is. He is so bitter its unbelievable. Did anybody else recognise this?
Why I watched it on RTV mate can’t stand listening to that clueless prick

See about the 70th minute, he had the ball in the middle of the park with 3 Hertz players around him, he keeps the ball by doing some fancy footwork and gets fouled. That idiot Stewart said on commentary, Cantwell needs to cut all that dancing about, it's embarrassing. I actually couldn't believe what I was hearing, 3 players trying to get in and take the ball and he shows some great skill, skinning the 3 players and then gets took out and you've got to listen to that idiot suggesting he was falling about looking for a foul. What an absolute muppet that guy is. He is so bitter its unbelievable. Did anybody else recognise this?
The issue you have here is a League 2 level player with no ability on the ball commentating on players 4 levels above him. We’ve had the same with Craigan and others in the past. The level of commentary - ignoring the timmy bias right - is amateur, all you hear every week is “Matondo is pure rapid he should just kick it by his man and run after it”.

Cantwell can put in good displays against the lesser teams but he always seems lightweight and lacking physicality against them and better European teams. Hope he proves me wrong though in the weeks ahead.

He isn't even subtle anymore, he knows fine well he's winding us up and he loves it. The only way you can win is probably no post stuff about it, it's the reactions he's thriving on mate. He's an absolute throbber or a guy and I've got absolutely no doubt he will be sitting reading this forum with a big smirk on his ugly wee face :D
Is that Stewart the appalling footballer? That one?

Doesn't help when all his team mates are shite in old firm games aswell and that there's no balance in the formation.
Granted he’s been asked previously to play a role more designed to stopping their midfield than being creative.

Cmon Todd now is the time

I think in the last couple of months he’s been addressing that TR.

He had about 5 yellows over a short period earlier in the season & id guess big Phil
Had a word in his ear ?
Yep that aspect, the yellow cards, has definitely improved GY. He had 6 before December and only 4 from December through now. Even so, I think he could easily wind them up by just staying focused on his game and not getting involved in any of the B.S that they need to create. Maybe this is what the boss is working on.

He has so much talent. He’s critical to Rangers over the last six games. If he’s on it’s going to be a very interesting period.

Yep that aspect, the yellow cards, has definitely improved GY. He had 6 before December and only 4 from December through now. Even so, I think he could easily wind them up by just staying focused on his game and not getting involved in any of the B.S that they need to create. Maybe this is what the boss is working on.

He has so much talent. He’s critical to Rangers over the last six games. If he’s on it’s going to be a very interesting period.

Agree, when he’s on form he lifts us up a level.

I recall Stewart saying his piece and was a little annoyed that Super Ally didn't defend Cantwell from that criticism by stating that he had 3 opponents wanting a bite at him.

Was fkn fuming listening to that prick coming away with that...in saying that just hearing the c unt breathing boils my piss
It’s like listening to commentary on a National game when you allow the commentators to be slightly partisan since we are all (generally) supporting the same team, when hearts missed a chance to turn a good break into a chance he rambled on as if someone had shat in his bed, so disappointed he was. All about what hearts need to do to get back into the game bla bla bla. Nothing about how well we did to nullify them.

Think Cantwell has his best opportunity under Clement. He needs careful management, has a tendency towards petulance and moodiness. There is a player there and has a natural ability to drive forward, and for the incisive pass, but the foot dancing needs to be checked. If he reaches full potential, what a win for both the player and the club! Here's hoping.

Back