The amount of space we gave them on the edge of the box

Was absolutely mental. Everyone could see it. Everyone could see we were crying out for sterling in their to offer protection

But nothing changed.

Reminded me of Benfica at home.

Nearly caught on several occasions pressing too high, eventually caught out (vs. Benfica).

Likewise caught leaving space at the edge of the box on several occasions and finally punished today against them.

That’s on Clement for not seeing the danger and sorting it out.

Oriley had about 6 exactly the same shots in the 1st half where he got it just outside the box on his left and almost hit the target on every occasion and also scored one

Horrific. Not only that but the space they got between the edge of the centre circle inside our half and the edge of our area, down the centre of the park, was criminal.

What’s ludicrously frustrating is it’s stuff that’s drilled into you at primary school level.

We should have had three in the middle, as many on here have been saying for weeks. We didn't, and they had far too much time and space to line up shots around our box.

Stick Sterling at RB and maybe Maeda wouldn't have had so much space and time to put a cross in. How many times has he owned Tav? And yes, others to blame but not many as regular in these games.

Keep your head in the sand son.
You’re right. Let’s chuck the manager who has come in, transformed the squad and got us back into a title race from the abyss. Who could still pick up a domestic cup double without his own squad. In favour of…? Shall we give Klopp a call? How about Mourinho? Not my head in the sand.

You’re right. Let’s chuck the manager who has come in, transformed the squad and got us back into a title race from the abyss. Who could still pick up a domestic cup double without his own squad. In favour of…? Shall we give Klopp a call? How about Mourinho? Not my head in the sand.
Transformed the squad?
Turned us into long ball merchants who can hardly string 4 passes together?
Offer %^*& all of a threat to the worst Tim defence in years?
Where do I sign up?

We are slow in thought, slow to react and slow in execution, we play pish pedestrian football for the most part, it sadly magnifies itself against that mob in particular.

Its just basics and working as a unit yet we're trying to defend with the back 4 Lundstram and Diomande while the front 3 and Lawrence are clearly being told to stay where they are once they reacha certain zone on the pitch. 1st goal 3 of them are ball watching and don't track the run he runs off Silva to start with Lundstram/Barisic then don't track the run.

For me it's on Clement as clearly his instructions but players need to take more responsibility.

Even before the 10 men you watch when they get ball from keeper they were striding towards half way kind of beyond our defence get the ball from Butland and panic pass across the box to a full back then a long punt up park and sometimes getting closed down I know that might have been different with sima Matondo and Cortes players with pace we had zero pace or width

Transformed the squad?
Turned us into long ball merchants who can hardly string 4 passes together?
Offer %^*& all of a threat to the worst Tim defence in years?
Where do I sign up?
Do you really think his tactics are “right boys, route 1. Punts up to the target man only”. It’s the dross squad who’ve burned out after initially reacting positively to his style of play (fast, possession based build up play down the wings). His main attacking option is the worst Rangers striker in a generation (or maybe longer). Honestly, what do you want him to do? He told you when he arrived that he didn’t have a magic wand - you should have listened.

We all know how good Hetate and Oriley are at shooting from distance but we stood off and let them pick there spot everytime

I was screaming at the tele, it was like we were wanting to face shots at goal.

Cannon fodder teams in Scotland give more fight than we did today.

ORiley should have scored from one 5 mins before he did, Lawrence ball watching and he had a ridiculous amount of space at the edge of the box. We never learnt from it and he scored. Criminal.

We should have had three in the middle, as many on here have been saying for weeks. We didn't, and they had far too much time and space to line up shots around our box.
I’ve found myself repeating this a lot but, I don’t think Clement wants or knows how to play any other way.

It seems to be a common theme with modern managers, that when you hire them you hire their vision and philosophy and it’s that which’ll either win you games or it won’t.

Gone are the days, it seems, of switching things up depending on the opponent.

I hate to do this to Clement, because he’s a really likeable bloke, but would Walter have gone into that game today and played exactly the same way as the last couple?

No. He would have had some mad curveball like a three man central defence and Christian Dailly sitting on McGregor all day to nullify him and his popeyes out of existence.

Back