The Atmosphere Today

The atmosphere is shit at Ibrox and will always be shit because the domestic games we watch (outwith a couple a season) are glorified training games where we watch one vastly superior team try to score against an 11 man defence. It’s just really boring most of the time. We expect to win. Most times we will. Theres no real jeopardy. It’s just a waiting game…get the first goal, get the second. Game over. Go home.

Compare the atmosphere to the euro games where we have to spur the team on because the games are genuinely a football contest. It’s night and day.

Dunno how to solve it. Move league?

Auld feker now and suits me being in the Main Stand and surrounded by other oldies. Wish some of them would shut the fukk up with their constant moaning and groaning though.

i was there for the first time since lock down & if it wasn’t for the union bears the atmosphere was dire…. i remember the days when the whole stadium sang until the. end
When was this? Since I’ve been going (late 80s) it’s only euro and OF that have had good atmospheres with Sheep, Hearts & Hibs being ok depending on what was happening on the pitch

Personally I don't sing very much as I find the singing way out of tune to what used to be sung in days of yore.The drum pisses me off and haven't a clue on much of the new stuff and all the IRA stuff is pathetic.
A number years ago I nearly stopped coming to games because of the FTP and IRA stuf but felt better of it as I loved rangers too much.
I came to my first game 1962/63 season and have been through many memorable/forgetable stuff but wonder what many of the current squad are galvanised by the FTP/IRA stuff?
Anyway am still ST/MyGers holder and will be till I die.
WATP :))
:)) :)) :))

Back