The Bear with the boozer in Lanzarote

Live Forever

Official Ticketer
That posts on here - anyone know his username?

Alternatively anyone recommend a Bear friendly boozer in Playa Blanca to watch our game v the mhanks in?

Cheers

Alternatively anyone recommend a Bear friendly boozer in Playa Blanca to watch our game v the mhanks in?

Cheers
Not a boozer, but my da' will probably be watching in his house in PB. Just across from the harbour. :)):)) There's some San Miguel in the fridge. Well there was some when I left on Wednesday.

Last edited:

Cheers
@BluebellsPuertoDelCarmen

If you are looking for somewhere in Playa Blanca then The Terrace Bar is your place mate. Scot Nisbet's local.

However we always stay in Playa Blanca but always go up to Bluebells in PDC for any games. Highly recommend it.

Cheers mate. Was considering going through to PDC too. How long does it take? Be dear in a taxi eh?
Have never done by taxi mate. My Mrs always drives us there as she's not really a drinker. But I'd say about 35 - 45 euros each way maybe?? There is also a bus - the 161 I think - which is about 3 euros each way.

Not a boozer, but my da' will probably be watching in his house in PB. Just across from the harbour. :)):)) There's some San Miguel in the fridge. Well there was some when I left on Wednesday.

How cool is that . What made your dad live in playa Blanca ? I love that wee area

How cool is that . What made your dad live in playa Blanca ? I love that wee area
My parents bought an apartment in PDC, they used it for their hols and also rented it out when they weren't there. They decided they wanted to live in Lanza but wanted somewhere quieter so chose PB. They bought a wee bungalow there. They still have their apartment in PDC that they rent out though. Due to the shifts that I work I can go out there every 8 weeks. Which is good.:)):))

My parents bought an apartment in PDC, they used it for their hols and also rented it out when they weren't there. They decided they wanted to live in Lanza but wanted somewhere quieter so chose PB. They bought a wee bungalow there. They still have their apartment in PDC that they rent out though. Due to the shifts that I work I can go out there every 8 weeks. Which is good.:)):))

That’s excellent wish it was me

Not exact same story, but I lived and worked in PDC about 20 years ago for about a year. Loved it at the time.

But now with my own family, Playa Blanca suits us better so we normally rent a villa. Great place. Going back in August.

Spend a few hours on the beach in front of the Bluebells, swimming in the sea, dry off, cross the road, order freezing cold beers and watch the Rangers with fellow bears on the sunshine. You simply cannot beat that. Superb.
Yep agree, though they feckin’ big sharks that are coming in now are a worry...Got to keep yer eyes peeled!!!

Popeye's in P. B. ( across from the harbour / ferry terminal ) is good - not a Rangers bar as such , but is friendly .
There is a 19th Century Terrorist shop downstairs and to the left , so just watch yourselves if you do go to Popeye's .
Probably better getting yourselves up to The Bluebells in P.D.C. , as has been mentioned .

Take the 161 bus thtough to puerto del carmen from playa blanca. I live in puerto del carmen and its well worth the half hour journey to go to bluebells. Fare is around 2.75 or a taxi is around 30/35€.

Popeye's in P. B. ( across from the harbour / ferry terminal ) is good - not a Rangers bar as such , but is friendly .
There is a 19th Century Terrorist shop downstairs and to the left , so just watch yourselves if you do go to Popeye's .
Probably better getting yourselves up to The Bluebells in P.D.C. , as has been mentioned .
The Anvil? Had a steak in there the other day. Very nice.:)

Would go to PDC , the bluebells has a good atmosphere will be bouncy for Tim's game would get there early. We were 40 euro for a taxi to play Blanca. As mentioned earlier the bus is easy to get every 30 min and 3 euro.

That's the one . Would advise any bear to avoid the place - certainly last thing at night when they have their " sing song " .
It's not for me , and they are definitely no friends of ours .
Was opened many years ago as the 'Irish Anvil' and still referred to as such. Haven't been down for a couple of years so I don't know if their signage now just says 'Anvil'.
This is not where a bear would want to find himself, unless he enjoys a 'particular' type if sing song.

I meant the sharks coming into the Bluebell selling fake shades :)

Yass. Even better. She will not go to the beach or the Bluebell due to sharks. See sharks are dicks but my God they help you out on occasion.

Last edited:
Aaa

Damn it’s been 30 yrs since I had a Mig or Dorado. Tried the Filipino San Miguel but it was rank. Kinda miss Shpain

Here just now. Where abouts is the Terrace Bar? Anywhere near the Popeye boozer?
Popeyes near the port/Harbour, yes?? Terrace Bar is more in the town. Probably a good 20 min walk from where you are I think. As you go up the hill towards Princes Yaiza hotel, it's one of the last places on the left. It's on 'Avenue de Papagayo', sort of diagonally opposite the wee square and opposite a wee church.

Here just now. Where abouts is the Terrace Bar? Anywhere near the Popeye boozer?
If you cross the road at Popeye's and head towards the far end of the town ( where the market is held ) , you will see The Terrace Bar on your left hand side . It's a few hundred yards walk ; Look up as its a first floor situation ( similar to The Bluebells at PDC ) .
Popeye's will show the game - no problem ; Only thing is , the irish shitehouse to the bottom left .
Enjoy the game , pal - and the win ......

Bluebells in PDC is a must.

Good boozer, good banter and one or 2 wee tidy birds behind the bar.

Is the girl from Leeds still behind the bar?

Cheers mate. Was considering going through to PDC too. How long does it take? Be dear in a taxi eh?
Probably 60 euro each way. I taxied 2 years ago and it was 50 then and not just as far as PDC I used a taxi from Costa Teguise to Playa Blanca ferry terminal.

Last edited:
I watched the Kilmarnock and mentally challenged games there,wasn't impressed.
No tunes on, poor atmosphere.Granted the results weren't the best.
After Killie game was tunes on and eos party time lots of singing in Costa teguise Bluebells so you must have left early !

Back