The best finisher in Scotland

Unsure on the Defoe situation, but otherwise it's Roofe by some distance.

Not just finishing. It's not his game but if you asked him to sit up top and hold the ball in he'd do that better than Alfie also, because he's a better footballer.

Again,

He scored against Hibs,
He set up the winner in the league game before that
He scored the first in a Cup game before that

Saturday aside his form is improving. If he had scored on Saturday he would be a player very much in form

His form isn’t improving at all. Form isn’t dictated by one off incidents in each game. The Hibs game he was poor for most of the game, likewise Dundee and at the weekend he was anonymous.

I know many fans like to dress it up with Morelos but let’s not resort to making things up. His form this season has been well short as it has with many of them unfortunately.

Itten didn't take much replacing tbh. Sakala came in. Different type of player but been about similarly effective so far.

It's a fair point someone raised further up- Defoe has been put on often when we needed a goal and we didn't get one.
We've brought in Sakala who's main attribute is pace, to a league where every team bar the crash barriers, sit on their 18 yard box, and fill the box with bodies.
Not really thought that one through.

I suppose those who are kinda wishing for it to have happened on Saturday would be able to point out that the game was at 1-0 at the sort of time he'd have come on.

But no, I don't believe there's been a single game where we've been drawing or losing and he's come off the bench and scored to turn it around.

And that alone shows why he's not been involved as much of late. Age has finally caught up with him at this level.
He was scoring goals against Aberdeen and Celtic about 4 month ago ffs :)) IMO he would still score plenty of goals for us if he started a lot of the home games.

He was scoring goals against Aberdeen and Celtic about 4 month ago ffs :)) IMO he would still score plenty of goals for us if he started a lot of the home games.

Both were adding 4th goals from the bench in games already done before he came on - what we're looking for just now is very different.

All I'll say is this - he's clearly someone Gerrard really likes. If he was close to the level being suggested, I don't think he would be struggling for game time.

His form isn’t improving at all. Form isn’t dictated by one off incidents in each game. The Hibs game he was poor for most of the game, likewise Dundee and at the weekend he was anonymous.

I know many fans like to dress it up with Morelos but let’s not resort to making things up. His form this season has been well short as it has with many of them unfortunately.

Forwards form is built from goals, generally players do live in and are judged on incidents during games

You only have to see the fallout from/change of week this week would have been had Morelos scored at the weekend to see that

Forwards form is built from goals, generally players do live in and are judged on incidents during games

You only have to see the fallout from/change of week this week would have been had Morelos scored at the weekend to see that

OK well he has 2 goals in his last 10 games.

That is not good form, you have proved my point.

OK well he has 2 goals in his last 10 games.

That is not good form, you have proved my point.
Yeah but I wasn’t really making the same point as you or really care about the point you’re trying to make bud, it’s yours to make ive my own thoughts you know.

Back