The Best Goal We Have Scored Against Hearts

Cracking thread. My first thought when i seen the thread title was Jelavic's volley, however after seeing the replies it's maybe not even top 5!

Should make a thread like this before all games :)

Don't think it has been mentioned but the third in a 3-0 win at Ibrox.

Great run from Gio, cuts back at the edge of the box and chips it over the defenders head and Wallace lets it drop over his shoulder and volleys it into the top corner.

Sublime goal.

i remember the cup final, infact I've been off work so been watching alot of youtube highlights but for me the goal that was the best wasn't the greatest piece of skill but i feel it meant the most to the team, club and supporters and it was Ricksens penalty in the last min to win 2-1 helicopter sunday season.

What a horrible winters day that was, Dudley was on the bench I’m sure that day.

Commented on another thread. This is probably my favourite ever trip there. Hearts had mounted a challenge of sorts that season and beat us at tynecastle early on. This was a massive win and the goal was just amazing. 10 year old me was sitting on a barrier right being the goals when that volley went in.

24000 there that day.

Orjan Persson's stunning overhead kick 67-68

That’s the winner for me :)
I was right behind the goal posts at the Broomloan end of the Stadium, and the ball just seemed to curl around the 18 yard box in slow motion into a top corner giving the diving Jim Cruickshank no chance.
Magnificent!
Just a pity we only managed a draw that afternoon, and lost the replay at Tynecastle :(

Some not mentioned before include:
Cooper flicking ball over wall for Russell to volley home SC 1981
McLean flicking ball over wall for Doddie to volley in 1977
Bud Johnston in 4-0 win at Ibrox in 1981
Bartram at Ibrox 1988
John Brown SC 1994
Laudrup away in SC 1995

Might not be the best ever goal Vs Hearts at Ibrox but Chalie Millers goal in January 1995 on a sodden pitch is one I'll never forget.
Took my very ill Dad to has last ever game 6 days before he passed.

I remember Mark Walters doing a "Cruyff" turn direct from the goalkeepers kick out to turn Walter Kidd (I think it was) but can't remember if it ended in a goal. If it did, I think few, if any, would eclipse it.

Last edited:
one of my fav was a game at Ibrox where we won 1-0.

Hearts defended but time wasted like hell from the very first minute to the 90th, then big albertz rammed one in from 20 yards. Post-match interview and jeffries is raging saying we never deserved it, his brand of football was shocking imo

(cant find the goal on youtube :()

one of my fav was a game at Ibrox where we won 1-0.

Hearts defended but time wasted like hell from the very first minute to the 90th, then big albertz rammed one in from 20 yards. Post-match interview and jeffries is raging saying we never deserved it, his brand of football was shocking imo

(cant find the goal on youtube :()

Here's an Albertz screamer from 30 yards.

Back