The best season ever?

92/93 was the best I have seen.

Win the league and Scottish cup and at least get to the quarter finals of Europa and it's probably up there I would say.
This is our greatest achievement bar 72.

To win a league title after being financially raped, left with 4 players, in division three to now in under a decade?

Not to mention running at more than half a wage bill less than the vile club?

Winning the league eclipses everything

Has the potential to be the most enjoyable in 40+ for me, but we've won nothing yet.
Witnessing the misplaced and entitled arrogance of the filth, followed by their complete inability to handle adversity and their ongoing implosion has been joyous.
Finish it off with an early league win, another round or two in the EL + the SC, and it's up there. Just wish the fans were there to rub it in further, but the UBs are keeping me entertained from afar!

I'm with you OP.

I loved 92/93. It was fantastic to watch and live through but....

Given where we've been for so many years
Given the pain and shite we've endured
Given their sheer arrogance
Given its snus hiddink
Given the media and spfl/sfa bias
Given the pressure of the alleged 10
And given lockdown and how shite thats been

Their total and utter capitulation and the comedy its provided plus how well we've played bar that one game

This has been absolutely fuckin beautiful

1 game at a time... If we only win the league I don't think it can be classed as 1 of the best. Most important league title in my lifetime yes imo even more so than us doing 9 IAR just because of the last 10 years.

I would agree with that.

It will be the most significant title I’ve seen for sure. But it’s still a stretch to say “best season ever”.

He also uses terms like “funniest” which presumably implies he’s also judging the merits of this season on what is happening at Celtic. If we’re bringing them into it, I don’t think anything will ever beat the “super Caley go ballistic..” in my mind.

I'm with you OP.

Given its snus hiddink

Their total and utter capitulation and the comedy its provided plus how well we've played bar that one game

Well said!

It’s certainly been the best in a while. Ever not even close imo. We have had treble winning season, which I believe this season should have been with the state they are in. Won a European title in 72 etc etc.

Still been a brilliant season and hopefully we finish the league season unbeaten and a Scottish Cup double.

I would agree with that.

It will be the most significant title I’ve seen for sure. But it’s still a stretch to say “best season ever”.

He also uses terms like “funniest” which presumably implies he’s also judging the merits of this season on what is happening at Celtic. If we’re bringing them into it, I don’t think anything will ever beat the “super Caley go ballistic..” in my mind.
Title also let's the club and support take a breath. The pressure has been mounting each season since we came back in with the desperation for success transferring from the stands on to the pitch.
Was a game against Livingston 1st half of last season at Ibrox Dykes ragdolled the CH's and we were 1 down said to my mate you couldn't put a youngster on to this environment.
I could feel the tension and anger building in the stands. Hopefully this takes some of that overwhelming want and need and we can maybe try and blood some youth next season.

Win the league and Scottish cup and at least get to the quarter finals of Europa and it's probably up there I would say.
Same, I went to every game apart from the Euro away games, my all time favourite ever

‘86/87 was my favourite. I was 17 and had waited 9 years for a title. ‘92/93 and both of Advocaat’s first couple of seasons were also tremendous, as was Eck’s treble winning campaign and indeed Walter’s last season, but . . . this is going to top the lot.

1977/78 was the year I started work so could pay my own way to Ibrox - and we won the treble. This season won't even come close to that - much as I'm enjoying it.

07/08 would have been if we won the league.

I think this season is the most iconic after the last decade.

07/08 even without winning the league is the top for me. Then 02/03 with 04/05 in 3rd. This season has potential to top them all!

On the other side of the city I don’t think it will sink in what has happened to them for a long while and their meltdown is going to be biblical! I’ve seen more than one mention of “let’s just forget this season and go for the ten next year” on Twitter in dead serious! Our success and their meltdown! Bliss

I would be surprised if the Scottish cup gets played out this year mate and if it does it will be with 14 - 16 teams and will be a cluster %^*& over money and the fighting etc.

being honest and I have no idea why but I have a feeling we will get to the last 8 in Europe and depending on the draw who knows how much further but I just have a feeling we will go deep into this tournament

In 60 odd years never felt so good about so much badness happening to another club,but maybe 72 on par with this ,just great to be a Ranger.
WATP

It’s so surreal because we can’t actually go to the games, doesn’t feel real at times. I find it hard to compare this with any others.
Couldn't agree more.

It's going to be amazing when we seal it but at the same time I almost feel as though I'm not apart of it because we can't get to games.. we're watching the most iconic season from the outside.

Regardless of lock down/Covid etc.. as soon as that final whistle goes im in a taxi straight to Ibrox for the mother of all celebrations.

I'm with you OP.

Given its snus hiddink

my highlights include Barcelona in 72, stopping 10 in 75, 2 trebles in 76 and 78, the 92/93 treble and European run, etc but your reasons above are why this could be the best eve.

Nowhere near the best season ever in terms of the football or the awards/trophies that will ultimately come our way.

It will without question be the most satisfying and most emotional title win any of us have ever experienced given what we have been through. There will certainly be a few tears shed when 55 is sealed.

It is also one of the funniest ever in terms of what's happening on the other side of the city and the fall out, and the hysterical breakdown of their spoilt, entitled fans.

As such, while it may not be the best, it will be the most memorable.

Bring it home Rangers and let's get this party started.

07/08 from about mid-April onwards was the most exciting I can remember. Shame how it ended but the butterflies in the stomach were something I’d never experienced before.

74-75 was amazing. Having been a fan since 1968 it had been a long road to get there. We would have good teams, invariably start every season with lots of hope and by the Sept start to fizz out.
74-75 came on the back of a truly dreadful season before. An early League Cup exit didnt help but something had clicked. After winning at Parkhead we were on our way. Some incredible wins along the way and then it all came true - last minute win v Hearts, away win at Dundee (with 10 men) , disposed of Motherwell (also with only 10
men) then on to Easter Road.

That was my first 'favourite' season.
There were many more to come 86-87 , 92-93, 95-96 all very special for lots of reasons.

I have to be honest, as happy as I am with the position, as good as the team has been, I’m struggling to feel that this as a massively enjoyable season.

It’s a combination of the incredible tension that comes from how tantalisingly close we are to end 10 years of pain, humiliation and disappointment and the fact we can’t be there. This wonderful football, this fantastic team...and we’re sat at home watching on TV.

The joy of getting over the line will be incredible. And at that point I will enjoy the success and enjoy the pain on the other side of the city. However as it stands, in January, I’m pleased, I’m optimistic and I’m looking forward to the party, but I’m not quite at the point of enjoying this season more than any other.

I’ve been following Rangers for over 40 years and so far, I honestly believe, this is the best season I can remember. It’s been astonishing.
The funniest I think I’ve ever seen, hopefully we have a great end to it.

in the name o the wee man

92/93, then 2007/08 (despite how it finished) for me. However this season is shaping up nicely, lots still to play for.

If we remain unbeaten and achieve more than 106 points in doing so, then it'll be the best (league) season in the history of Scottish football, not just Rangers.

Other than thoroughly enjoying how our season has went, I've probably watched more of their games in the past 3 months than I've seen in the previous 30 years.
Our dominance and their timplosion is joyous.

I'm not getting the same vibe as previous years as we can't get to the games.
But it's the best Timplosion ever.

Threads like this give me the fear, we’ve not actually won a trophy yet.

Sitting here at 1am nervous about Ross County on Sat afternoon, Ross bloody County.

Just get this done Rangers.

The events across the city, given their advantage the last ten years, well you couldn’t have written a better script for the tainted ten...

02/03 was my favourite. Turned 21 the day before the Dunfermline game. Cut my mullet off that season. Good times

Top 3 seasons in my lifetime as a Rangers supporter:

1. 02/03
2. 07/08
3. 04/05

This season will probably eclipse the lot when we win the league, but it's too early to say right now.

Back