The better coached team won

Coza

A phrase we sometimes heard about Gerrards rangers team. For spells we played patterns and repeatable movements that were effective as players all moved as one and exploited weakness in the opponent.

Today (and generally under Rodgers) they have looked a better coached team to us. That first goal they scored I swear I have seen about 215 times versus us at their midden.

This is something we need to address before next season. There is at times no discernible shape to our play/approach. This is as vital as getting rid of the born losers for me.

A phrase we sometimes heard about Gerrards rangers team. For spells we played patterns and repeatable movements that were effective as players all moved as one and exploited weakness in the opponent.

Today (and generally under Rodgers) they have looked a better coached team to us. That first goal they scored I swear I have seen about 215 times versus us at their midden.

This is something we need to address before next season. There is at times no discernible shape to our play/approach. This is as vital as getting rid of the born losers for me.
We also need to be signing faster players.

Yet again, another predictable ref decision plays a major role in their win today.

The shocker of a challenge on McCausland at Ibrox against Motherwell wasn't even deemed to be a yellow card, never mind a red. The thug involved stayed on the pitch to score the winner and lose us 3 valuable points. Yet Lundstram is sent off. ?

Today had nothing to do with coaching.

Yet again, another predictable ref decision plays a major role in their win today.

The shocker of a challenge on McCausland at Ibrox against Motherwell wasn't even deemed to be a yellow card, never mind a red. The thug involved stayed on the pitch to score the winner and lose us 3 valuable points.

Come on man. It’s by design that McGregor and O’Riley were in positions to have 3 shots each in the first half (which eventually led to their first goal). We can’t blame the ref for that.

If we continue to deploy Livingstone level tactics we will continue to lose these games.

Let's see in the final if Clement has eventually learned after 3 games that he can't play 2 midfielders and a number 10 in these games.

The shocker of a challenge on McCausland at Ibrox against Motherwell wasn't even deemed to be a yellow card, never mind a red. The thug involved stayed on the pitch to score the winner and lose us 3 valuable points. Yet Lundstram is sent off. ?

Get a grip man!

Danilo sima cortes matondo goldson baloguen jack all unfit. Throw in ridvan too. Endless list. Its no excuse but tell me if the tims could cope with that. Story of our season unfortunately. These guys available would have made a massive difference

Danilo sima cortes matondo goldson baloguen jack all unfit. Throw in ridvan too. Endless list. It’s no excuse but tell me if the tims could cope with that. Story of our season unfortunately. These guys available would have made a massive difference
Matondo is pish. Goldson form fell off a cliff. Danilo can’t be classed as good or bad! Balogun is decent. These are hardly consistent game changers we need. Sima and Cortes are a miss but we should still have more than enough to beat the dross in the league and if we did that we would still be top

We’re not that well defensively organized and we play hoof ball.

I’m struggling to see where the coaching is full stop.

Have any players even improved individually, to a meaningful extent?
You can’t say that, big Phill ‘gets it’ apparently?

Gerrards better coached Rangers team who won less Cups than Clements Rangers team, despite Clement having less than a year and 1 cup to aim at?

Seems to be a juggernaut of Gerrard madness at the minute just to try and make a point in terms of god knows what against Clement.

Fans need to remember exactly what he inherited, similar to Gerrard in all honesty who had a number of years of excuses because of the shitshow he inherited, and that with 1 Transfer window he is relying on 3rd choice CB'S, a Young player coming in at RW then CB, 2 players on the way out who aren't bothering there arse, a front 3 akin to Murty levels of quality and yet he has still got us to within 3 games of a title and 4 of a treble.

I get the anger, I get the upset, but certain posters are directing it at the wrong people, it is the shameless cowards who let us down plenty during the said Gerrard reign, then the GVB reign, then the Beale reign, who are at fault.

If clement doesn't rid of us of them , then you know what, he is deserving of all the shit coming his way, at the minute, I say he deserves more than the benefit of the doubt.

That’s the worst scum side in a decade. They aren’t well coached at all. A well coached side hammers us in that second half with 10 men

Good post.

Where I initially felt there were grounds for genuine encouragement under Clement compared to Beale at the same stage was that there appeared to be a distinct change to our style of play.

Our positioning looked much better, our passing was sharper, the players looked quicker and we were trying to play it forward more often. There was also some good interchanges going on middle to front that appeared to evidence the training ground at work.

Over the last couple of months or so all of that has rapidly deteriorated however and Clement’s inability to reinfuse it in the team is a worry for me.

The mindless route one football we’ve seen for most of that time, especially with a striker unable to hold the ball up effectively makes it even more so.

We also need to be signing faster players.
Bang on. I wanted us to press the life out of them from minute one today.

But who’s the first man to press? Dessers. Lost count of the amount of time Scales or Carter Vickers just strolled by him.

Then add in Lawrence who looks like he can’t break out of a jog and Lundstram who turns like an oil tanker and you’re screwed straight away.

Compare that to their front three who are all rapid and their midfield who give us no time and slice through us like butter.

Add more players with the physicality and athleticism of Sterling and Dio and we’ll be so much better.

Last edited:
One of the biggest things we can do for next season is clear our injury list and keep it clear

We had up to 6 starters not playing today.

Goldson, Balogun, Jack, Danilo, Sima, Cortes

Souttar off injured, yilmaz, raskin and probably Davies and Roofe not 100% match fit.

We need to sign big fast players who are hungry.

Matondo is pish. Goldson form fell off a cliff. Danilo can’t be classed as good or bad! Balogun is decent. These are hardly consistent game changers we need. Sima and Cortes are a miss but we should still have more than enough to beat the dross in the league and if we did that we would still be top
So you really dont think we miss these guys ?? We were left with one centre back davies who hasnt played for 3 months. Any team would struggle with that. We have a team of crocks which hopefully our management team will address next season

We are a team that has been inherited mid-season.

There is a reason for that FFS.

This is nowhere near Clement's defining season. That might be next season when the manager starts his re-build.

For a team that is well coached they made heavy weather of that against ten men.

We are poor (which we knew already) but they clearly aren't a lot better.

They can spend next season of course which makes our task 2024/25 more difficult but I am optimistic for next season.

A cup win isn't guaranteed but could be a real kick-on going forward.

Finally, I'd take Clement's abilities over Rodgers any day.

Gerrard had a good final season. But outwith that he was just ok. People forget Hamilton at Ibrox, not winning at Ibrox 3 games in a row in his last season. Not standing up for Clement here who made mistakes, but our players are awful.

One of the biggest things we can do for next season is clear our injury list and keep it clear

We had up to 6 starters not playing today.

Goldson, Balogun, Jack, Danilo, Sima, Cortes

Souttar off injured, yilmaz, raskin and probably Davies and Roofe not 100% match fit.

We need to sign big fast players who are hungry.
Just made the same comment and got lambasted.

As many have said, fix the midfield, fix the team.

Diomande, Raskin, Sterling, and a few others next season and we should be ok in the middle of the park.

The least said about the other "options", the better.

They have good interchange and movement. Things that come from the training ground. Our strategy is to go direct

We don't really have the players yet to do too much different.

The manager has inherited an horrific squad. We all know it and I bet your bottom dollar the manager knows it.

He'll have to wring a bit more out of them for cup final day (I can see us winning it) and then his business should really begin.

It doesn’t help when O’Riley runs from the touchline past 3 of our players & not one of them track him or even get close to him.
This moment was my bug bear, as for the OP it's sensationalist nonsense. Clement has had to juggle a team on the decline with the players at his disposal, outwith of our injuries who are beyond their shelf life. Open your eyes to where we are, the blame game will not move us forward.

Back