The better coached team won

we played them at Ibrox at the start of the season when they had players out, a backline that had hardly met each other, for the most part they strolled it that day
We also had a goal chopped off, and were told it was the right decision, only to see a similar challenge today being awarded a penalty. Individual player errors cost us in August and the manager in charge that day royally fecked his replacement due to his recruitment policy.

They won because we gifted them 2 goals and we had a player sent off at half time , if that was any of the previous Celtic sides then they would have trounced us by 4/5

This is the poorest side to win the league in a very very long time
100%. This Rangers team is done. 2-1 looks respectable because they are less shit.

A phrase we sometimes heard about Gerrards rangers team. For spells we played patterns and repeatable movements that were effective as players all moved as one and exploited weakness in the opponent.

Today (and generally under Rodgers) they have looked a better coached team to us. That first goal they scored I swear I have seen about 215 times versus us at their midden.

This is something we need to address before next season. There is at times no discernible shape to our play/approach. This is as vital as getting rid of the born losers for me.
Not sure it's coaching, as opposed to us just having inferior players in all categories. Heart, skill, desire. We lack that in abundance

Until we chase everything down and don’t give them space, they will run rings round us. Tav gave Maeda too much space for the second, he had a bad first touch and still had time to recover. Edge of box was shooty for them.

A phrase we sometimes heard about Gerrards rangers team. For spells we played patterns and repeatable movements that were effective as players all moved as one and exploited weakness in the opponent.

Today (and generally under Rodgers) they have looked a better coached team to us. That first goal they scored I swear I have seen about 215 times versus us at their midden.

This is something we need to address before next season. There is at times no discernible shape to our play/approach. This is as vital as getting rid of the born losers for me.
What a pile of pish

Not the managers fault had to play with 2 player's today that are not even ours lundsrum and barasic have been shite for week's. The manager has my backing, see what happens after he has most of his own player's

I don't think u can say that Rodgers is a better coach than Clement. Rodgers has had all season and took over a treble winning side and spent about £30,000,000. Clement came into a shambles what 6/7 months ago? Got a couple of players on loan and has had loads of injuries to deal with. Remember he didn't even have a fit CM at 1 point. Can u imagine Rodgers tears if that was the filth? Fs they've been crying about an injury crisis because Ccv missed a month and Reo missed a couple. We need to back Clement, board and fans alike!

I somewhat disagree.

The amount of goals we've conceded this season through individual errors, players not tracking runners (both goals today) is an absolute joke.

You can't pin that on the manager.

You can a bit, because opposition managers can see the weaknesses and exploit them. Our manager should also be able to see them and nullify them.

You can a bit, because opposition managers can see the weaknesses and exploit them. Our manager should also be able to see them and nullify them.
Which he was doing with targeting Scales, high press at correct times and balls in behind. All were working at various points I'm the game.

Were we perfect ? Absolutely no chance however individual errors cost us again in a game.

Which he was doing with targeting Scales, high press at correct times and balls in behind. All were working at various points I'm the game.

Were we perfect ? Absolutely no chance however individual errors cost us again in a game.

O’Riley and McGregor had 3 shots each from the edge of the box in the first half (one resulting in a goal). That isn’t individual error, that is them noticing a flaw in our team and exploiting it time and time again. If our manager can’t see that, then we are in big trouble next season

Don't agree, the team with most if not all of its first choice players on the pitch won. We are at the stage of DS at right wing , 2nd choice LB, 2nd choice cb a CM who has checked out a loanee at LW etc, etc.

Gerrard had better players.

When he won the league he had an absolute rolls royce in midfield who was streets ahead of any Celtic midfielder.

Davis, Arfield, Kamara, Aribo, Kent, quite a long list Beale has tried to replace them with championship players in England that have done nothing of note in the game.

O’Riley and McGregor had 3 shots each from the edge of the box in the first half (one resulting in a goal). That isn’t individual error, that is them noticing a flaw in our team and exploiting it time and time again. If our manager can’t see that, then we are in big trouble next season
And the majority of the time that was running off our players. Was obviously worse when we were down to 10 men.

It's genuinely mind boggling that looking at that team sheet today people expected the likes of Lawrence, Silva, Borna etc to track runners. The gaffer can only work with what he's got. He's literally having to shoehorn players into the starting 11 through necessity.

Is he above criticism ? Absolutely not but the 2 goals today came via individual errors and no one can dispute that.

There’s a distinct difference in quality middle to front too.

Their passing is quick and incisive, how many times did we give the ball away in semi decent positions.

The lack of movement in the side is also frightening. We need at least 8 new starting players.
We can't even make 10 yard passes without over hitting it or passing to the other team. We have a serious lack in quality. I don't know what PC is doing on the training ground because we look totally lost and scared anytime someone is getting closed down and they have the ball. It ends up with the player just punting it up the park. It's bloody comical. Or it would be, if it didn't ruin my life.

One thing they are definitely better “coached” in is the dark arts (as is every Scottish football team).
They understand who the ref is, how he is reffing, and they buy fouls by diving when it’s appropriate. Refs by and large are only too happy to quickly whistle for a foul. We don’t. The phrase “too honest” has been used but maybe we - coach and more especially players are just not smart enough.

One example. Their first goal. If Barisic was thinking he would know Collum was giving them fouls for everything. But he was clearly not getting yellow cards out. Barisic should have stopped that attack immediately by putting in a TACKLE (yes Borna) on the touchline. Foul given. Reset. But standing off allowing them to run at us and in behind us caused the goal. Watch it back, see what I mean. One thing they do is immediately break up any opposition attack with cynical fouls. Happy to concede a free kick - of course safe in the knowledge it’s unlikely any ref will give them a yellow.

They won because we gifted them 2 goals and we had a player sent off at half time , if that was any of the previous Celtic sides then they would have trounced us by 4/5

They missed a penalty (regardless of whether it should have been given) and could easily have had another 3. If the Japanese had a brain he wouldn't have let himself stray offside for his goal.

We were shocking today.

Do you agree that changed the dynamics of the game, and if it had stood we could have won the game, or would rather say we were just shite?
it certainly was a contributing factor, but I go back to my original point, we were up against a relatively weak enabler backline and we let them off lightly

At times today we seemed to only be able to pass it across our back 4 and then launch highballs forward. It was thoroughly depressing and hard to comprehend.

Better players, quicker , more shape about them, much more tenacious and we can discuss how mediocre they are in the grand scheme but as long as they are better than us that's all they will care about.

Do you honestly think lundstram, dio , Lawrence or raskin would get a game ahead of Celtics midfield
That's got nothing to do with being a better coached team.
It's quite obvious we have personnel issues.
With better recruitment we have the right man in charge.

Compared to us, I’d say they are fitter and faster. Their passing is direct and crisp. Their players seem to know what their job on the park is, and look to go forward with pace at every opportunity They also have a mentality that comes from winning just about every other domestic trophy.

Don’t get me wrong, a better celtic team would have put 4 past us in the first half alone, as they were basically gifted free shots from our penalty box. Frustratingly, they are still good enough to see us off for the third(!) season in a row.

Once again we stood off them and allowed them to play to their strengths. The biggest weakness is their defence, but we don’t test it nearly enough. We are too ponderous and lack conviction going forward to be a serious threat. One shot at goal today was evidence of that.
Spot on

No wonder Rodgers was goading us, he has Clement on toast, Clement is proving to be utterly predictable with system and formation.

It would have been 4 or 5 if it wasn't for Butland.

I think Clement gets us to go long as he knows the guys are useless. Beale tried to play & that didn’t work.

Let’s give Phil the summer & hopefully he recruits well & we are not as unlucky with injuries next season.

The team with the better players won. How many of our starting 11 would get in their team? Butland, possibly Tav or Sterling
Tav, are you kidding? He needs to move to the NFL, where they just bring him on for free kicks and maybe penalties.

He’s been as guilty in our bedshitting exercise as anyone.

They missed a penalty (regardless of whether it should have been given) and could easily have had another 3. If the Japanese had a brain he wouldn't have let himself stray offside for his goal.

We were shocking today.
This. Let's not delude ourselves by saying their 2 goals came from mistakes, it could easily have been 5 or 6 in that first half alone. The amount of space and time they had in and around our box was ridiculous.

The fact is they have regressed under Rodgers, we let him off the hook with our performances against Motherwell, Ross County, and Dundee..which to be honest we’re shocking…also them at home where we failed to register a win ..we didn’t deserve to win the league..we watched a team build its own funeral pyre and yes their were dodgy decisions..but the performances as a whole over the last 8 weeks were not good enough, the players know it, the manager knows it, the board must surely know it…we have handed them countless millions in revenue over the past four seasons that will only aid to strengthen them..these players are simply not mentally and physically good enough to wear a Rangers shirt…we have made them and their manager look better than they really are we are the gift that keeps on giving.

No wonder Rodgers was goading us, he has Clement on toast, Clement is proving to be utterly predictable with system and formation.

Yeah, coz he has so many options available.

Take 5 or 6 starters out of their team, we'd have had the league won already.

Clement needs time.
He'll prove that Rodgers is a narcissistic fraud.

Since Gerrard left (Helander win Aug 21) and Postecoglu came in they have instilled this mentality of starting OF games with intensity and scoring first.

Go back and look at the 14 games to Aug 21.

They almost always score first (usually in the first half) and win.

The better coached team? Do me a favour. Rodger’s has inherited a good squad from Posteceglou that’s got them over the line.

Fortunate enough not to see the game yesterday. Let me guess though, everytime the camera cut to Phil hes doing that stupid circular motion with his hands. Thenwhen its cuts to Rodgers he’ll be giving tactical advice?

We allowed them to look better than us, as always

Compared to us, I’d say they are fitter and faster. Their passing is direct and crisp. Their players seem to know what their job on the park is, and look to go forward with pace at every opportunity They also have a mentality that comes from winning just about every other domestic trophy.

Don’t get me wrong, a better celtic team would have put 4 past us in the first half alone, as they were basically gifted free shots from our penalty box. Frustratingly, they are still good enough to see us off for the third(!) season in a row.

Once again we stood off them and allowed them to play to their strengths. The biggest weakness is their defence, but we don’t test it nearly enough. We are too ponderous and lack conviction going forward to be a serious threat. One shot at goal today was evidence of that.
This.....

The team with the better players won. How many of our starting 11 would get in their team? Butland, possibly Tav or Sterling
Everything is relative. Not long ago (pre Ross County) and when we were on top it was said the exact same about Rangers having the better players. We still have so many injuries it’s unreal why these are all occurring. They are a sh&t team. Easy ref/VAR assistance decisions for Lundstram changed the whole game (red card again at their cesspit). Then the ridiculous penalty decision (justice done with the save). We can still do them in the Cup Final.

The better coached team? Do me a favour. Rodger’s has inherited a good squad from Posteceglou that’s got them over the line.

Did I say Rodgers was the man that made them look better coached? The fact they have scored that first goal against us 4-5-6 times shows it’s a pattern of play they do over and over. Ergo it’s better coached/structured play.

Last time I saw that from us was under SG

Back