The biggest turning point of season for you so far

Galstonian Oranje

Official Ticketer
The night we won at Ibrox and they got a 98th min winner on Dingwall?

The shirt pull on Sakala away at Tannadice?

The winter break shamble?

Dropping points from 2-0 up at home to Motherwell?

There's plenty more to chose from in a crazy up and down season which still has a lot of football to be played.

What's been the biggest moment for you so far?

There's plenty more to chose from in a crazy up and down season which still has a lot of football to be played.

Ross county’s equaliser was like a boot in the baws for me .

Their winner at Dingwall shouldn't come into it. We won that night, it's the Motherwell, Hearts, Dundee United and Ross County shitshows that have us where we are.

Lots to chose from, all,for the wrong reasons. Losing a 2-0 lead against Motherwell for me.

On a more positive note, grinding out a 1-0 away to St Johnston then the Roofe substitution and goal on Saturday could prove to be pivotal, it’s not over yet by any means.

The winter break is the definition of a turning point. We were flying, they were stumbling and the games got stopped early which meant we were sent to Pittodrie straight back in out the cold and also had to go to the piggery without our only real striker and talisman.

A carve up.

It's hard to say mate because there has been many %^*& ups domestically since gio took over
I agree with you. I think there are moments that are more pivotal than others. I'm siding with the winter break to be honest. That was out and out manipulation of the league schedule

Too many to mention hearts at home for me mcgregor throwing away the injury time equaliser was the start of the fear building.

Their 98th minute winner in Dingwall really hit hard. Had we gone 8 clear that night I believe they’d have collapsed. Instead it fired them up, and seemed to deflate us.

Where do we begin with the favourable referee calls they’ve had, would take a whole new thread.

However the truth is there have only been a small handful of games we have played well in this season. Nearly every game has been a slog, a nail biter, a grind. Motherwell away when we scored 6, Dortmund games, Prague home and maybe yahoos home being the exceptions.

If we are honest with ourselves we simply haven’t been good enough as painful as it is to accept. As my old dear would say we have been “ red rotten “ this season in general and I suppose the biggest sickener is we have handed a hungry but limited scum side the title.

The winter break allowed them to regroup, get injured players back fit and sign new players

The rule change from 3 subs to 5 subs coincided with the winter break too which has gone against us.

Nothing can excuse conceding 3 to ross county, Dundee Utd away or losing a 2 goal lead to Motherwell at home

Hearts at home

But the day of Ross Country away, we draw in stoppage time, they win. 4 point swing. Gave them huge momentum for the OF game.

Aberdeen away - oh damn, well still 4 points clear anyway, we won’t drop more points before Torbett towers

Ross county away - wtf…still, Celtic have all these players missing.

Celtic away - ……..

Dundee Utd away - start to believe it’s slipping away, thinking we’ll need to win both old firm games at this point.

Motherwell at home - that could well be the nail in the coffin. Championship winning teams don’t do what we just did….but still, maybe Celtic slip up at Livingston…

The form after the break has killed it, but those points dropped at home against Hearts, Motherwell and Aberdeen set the alarm bells ringing.

No one wanted to hear it but.

There were many points this season we could have killed their belief stone dead. Under Gerrard we at least twice left the door ajar when we could have slammed it in their face.

Then we have the last minuter 98th minute winner in Ross county for them compared with our collapse at the death.

But last weeks pathetic dropped points felt huge.

That and the league being stopped when they were down to the under 18s

Drawing at home to Motherwell while they lost to Livingston.

That was huge. To be honest celtic have came out on top in everyone of the tight matchdays. Scored several late winners while mcgregor and particular has thrown away numerous points

If that 96th minute equaliser against Ross County never happens (coupled with their late winner the same day), they wouldn’t have went top after beating us 3-0.

Who knows how much of a momentum shift that was for them and us.

That day and last Sunday are the two that stick out the most in terms of doing our best to hand them the league.

Winter break being brought forward isn’t an excuse. We should have been ready for Aberdeen away, we weren’t - we played like dog shit. GvB said he was looking forward to having time to work with the squad. He’s made us worse.

The turning point were surrendering the 6 point lead. The ultimate smash in the bollocks was last week.

Lots to chose from, all,for the wrong reasons. Losing a 2-0 lead against Motherwell for me.

On a more positive note, grinding out a 1-0 away to St Johnston then the Roofe substitution and goal on Saturday could prove to be pivotal, it’s not over yet by any means.
Yeah, this is the one for me. If we’d both been playing at same time you could have bit more sympathy but knowing they’d drawn and we couldnt take advantage. Died for me that day.

Last edited:
Ross Co away for me. Chucking away two leads and conceding a stoppage time equaliser, while they score a last minute winner at the piggery.
Kick in the balls for us, massive boost for them

The 13th of November & the 18th of November. A manager who would’ve won this league left and we appointed a manager who’s style was completely different to our previous one and hadn’t been very good since 16/17. Ross Wilson, meant to be employed to ensure continuity between managers…

Hard to say but we've phoned it in most of this season, there's been no turning point as such.
The last few weeks are fresh in the memory but early in the season we were dropping stupid points at Ibrox and only took a lead at the top because they started shite and we beat them at Ibrox.

It really has been a season to forget and after today it again means we need 24 points to win the league. Hard to see it happening.

Us vs ross county.

We beat st Johnston the night they got their last minute winner and subsequently they lost to st Mirren.

The momentum changed when we dropped points at Dingwall and led to that abomination of a performance a few days later

Summer Transfer Window

Malmo

Gerrard Chucking It

Points dropped at home to Hearts, Motherwell, Aberdeen

Winter Break

January Transfer Window

All the points dropped away against Aberdeen, Ross County, THEM, Dundee Utd, add in the home game v Motherwell

Dubious referees and lineman

Take your pick or combine them all.

Last edited:
The 13th of November & the 18th of November. A manager who would’ve won this league left and we appointed a manager who’s style was completely different to our previous one and hadn’t been very good since 16/17. Ross Wilson, meant to be employed to ensure continuity between managers…
Nobody was complaining at the time when we got GvB, and he started like a house on fire.

We were always going to go for somebody out of work and on the face of it he was the best available.

His style doesn't differ much from Gerrard but it would seem his presence and motivational levels do.

The winter break is the definition of a turning point. We were flying, they were stumbling and the games got stopped early which meant we were sent to Pittodrie straight back in out the cold and also had to go to the piggery without our only real striker and talisman.

A carve up.
That’s what they wanted. It was never about fans not being in it was about breaking up our rhythm and them getting their players back to fitness and getting new players in. And it played out how they wanted it too right to a T

Draw v hearts
2 draws v aberdeen
Draw v livi.
Shat it at parkhead..
I could go on but don't want another ban after just getting back on

Back