The Clamour For Gattuso

He actually did quite well for Milan and Napoli, however I certainly haven’t seen any clamour for him. His name has been linked but it’s hardly a surprise.

I love Gatusso but I don't think he's the right fit for us just now.

I think he could potnetially crack under pressure if things weren't going our way.

His coaching career shows a 0.86 insitu per annum.

Good
People speak about him being a madman as a reason why he shouldn’t be but the players at both Napoli and Milan loved him.
What did he win.

In Crete?

It's natural to look at former players who are now managers or recently been one when we need a new manager. Whether you like Rino as a potential manager for us isn't the point. The point is he's managed a mega club like AC Milan and also done well with Napoli (not an easy club to manage).

What other former players have experience managing in the top 5 European leagues? Not many apart from Rino and Gio.

Many would say Souness was a fairly volatile character in his pomp but that's exactly what we needed in the summer of 1986.

I don’t think anyone is screaming out for us to consider him, but I (and others) have simply mentioned that his managerial career thus far has been good enough. Gained promotion into Serie B with Pisa. He took a woeful Milan team and turned them into a circa 50% win rate side, playing attractive football. Went to Napoli and continued to implement attractive football, had them at a 57% win rate and then won the Coppa Italia in 2020.

Why wouldn't he be mentioned TBF?

He is someone who is probably gettable who has been seen as having suitable talents to manage AC Milan and Napoli.

People speak about him being a madman as a reason why he shouldn’t be but the players at both Napoli and Milan loved him.
I don’t doubt that for a second.

But he can still be a madman.

I’d love him to be a viable candidate; I don’t know much about his managerial career, bar googling though.

@erskine bear is the man for that.

Define.

Quite well?
Toon a terrible Milan side into a good position, laid the ground work for Pioli (who was actually doing pish up until last January)

Then moved to Napoli, won them their first trophy in about 7 or so years and missed out on CL on the last day, with the second best goal difference.

Not the second coming of Jose, but he’s a good coach.

I love wee Rino but I think he would be a disaster as our manager . Far too volatile to manage us.
Gio would be my 1st choice , if not him I would like Farke .

Fan based or driven by the media?

For the absolute life of me, I can't work out why.

On any level.

Other than a very clear guarantee of abject failure.
I don't think there's a clamour for him as such.
He's out of work and an ex player, it's only natural for him to ne mentioned.

Think he would be too big a risk, especially after that issue where he was insisting on using one agent for all the transfers

He inherited a horrendous Milan team and did well, then won Napoli their first trophy in years. I wouldn’t want him near Ibrox personally but he certainly isn’t a bad manager.

This sums up my feelings. I don't think it's the right fit for him, but to disregard him as a bad manager is simply incorrect. He's levels above some of the other names 'linked'.

Some folk think he’s just going to come in and start battering every lady's front bottom when he’s actually done a decent job in Serie A.

Concern would be lack of longevity. I would love him to get a hold of the current version of Morelos as well. Some arses do need booted.

Let’s be honest here. Every single one of us in one way or another would be interested in seeing what he would be like as our manager.

He is absolutely not who I want to see us approach and I would be more than concerned if he did get appointed but there is the little voice in my head saying ‘ah %^*& it go on - let the carnage begin’. :))

I'm a bit surprised there aren't more fans wanting him. Managed big clubs and done well, as well as having a connection to the club.

If GvB doesn't happy we could do a whole lot worse
What does the connection to the club have to do with it?

There’s no gathering momentum in Rino’s name being touted.

He’s an ex player and most recently held managerial positions at high profile football clubs, so of course his name is going to come up in general chatter.

I’ve only seen his name being jokingly mentioned to ‘cause chaos’.

Fans are allowed not to apply logic when it comes to the appointment of a new manager. It’s ultimately the board who need to apply a little more sensibility to any appointment.

Toon a terrible Milan side into a good position, laid the ground work for Pioli (who was actually doing pish up until last January)

Then moved to Napoli, won them their first trophy in about 7 or so years and missed out on CL on the last day, with the second best goal difference.

Not the second coming of Jose, but he’s a good coach.
I can understand people worrying about how his style might fight us, but the idea he is a lunatic and will lose the dressing room is doing my nut in.

He sometimes goes nuts in press conferences, which is exactly what everyone loves about him. The media are a disgrace and he treats them like it.

Like you said, coaching wise he is great. All his players love working under him and will give 110% every game. People think cause he was a brutal player that the second someone misplaces a pass Gattuso will kill them.

I actually think with our defensive issues right now, and how important this season is, Gattuso would absolutely love the battle and would be ideal for it.

I can understand people worrying about how his style might fight us, but the idea he is a lunatic and will lose the dressing room is doing my nut in.

He sometimes goes nuts in press conferences, which is exactly what everyone loves about him. The media are a disgrace and he treats them like it.

Like you said, coaching wise he is great. All his players love working under him and will give 110% every game. People think cause he was a brutal player that the second someone misplaces a pass Gattuso will kill them.

I actually think with our defensive issues right now, and how important this season is, Gattuso would absolutely love the battle and would be ideal for it.
Definitely agreed on the last part, it was actually surprising how many goals his Napoli side scores considering how strong they were defensively.

Osmihen only started something like 17 games because of injury as well.

OP must be looking at different media outlets and social media from me because i can see absolutely no "clamour" for gattuso whatsoever.

Back