The clement interview

thoughts? :eek:
What do you expect him to say?

At least he's not muttering looking at his feet. Clear and coherent answers to tough questions without throwing his players under a bus.

He's still got a cup semi-final at the weekend to lift this lot for. There is still silverware on the line even if we don't believe the league is winnable.

There are huge problems but slagging the manager right now is pointless IMO.

This is utter nonsense he's talking.

Sorry, I love the manager but this is garbage,
He has no option if he crucified them ... (they deserve it and more ) they will completely down tools .. he's trying to keep them onside possibly till after Sunday.. i think ... I like big phil but if he honestly believes thst ... he's the next one sacked

I’m sorry.

Protect your players is one thing.

Saying that your own structure was good and the players stuck to it well, come on.

He announced 30 minutes before Ross County with a sigh “the last weeks felt like a month” when hes going for a league title.

What a few weeks.

Embarrasing and so is the fact he has a worse record than Beale now! These last 4 league games are the worst I can remember in a long long time yet he isn't changing anything other than personel. Same dogshit tactics every game.

He has managed to make us even easier to play against than both Gio and Beale.

He knows the truth but he can't throw the players under the bus publicly. Anyone expecting him to bury the players is deluding themselves. He looked furious at full time
I agree his expression didn’t match the words. That interview was a manager knowing he is stuck with this players and a cup final coming up. Fergie and Wenger were very often the same

I must have been watching an entirely different game to him if that's how he sees it.

'We were the best team by far' - Clement​

FT Dundee 0-0 Rangers
Rangers manager Philippe Clement has been speaking to Sportsound: "We should have won this game, we were the best team by far.
"The most possession by far, the most chances. Things didn't go our side with saves from the goalkeeper and blocks from other players.
"We've always been a team who scores a lot of goal, that's disappointing not taking the deserved three points."
"Today, I was disappointed. I was angry after the Ross County game because we lost our structure and our football in a big part of the game.
"That was not the case today, we played attacking football with a lot of players in front."

Sounds like a man that does not have any answers...

Hopefully the conclusion is a summer clear out of the old guard!

He’s a professional, he’s not going to come out and blast the players like we all would.

He was clearly angry at the end of the game.

Most of the players are done, he knows it, we know it

I honestly think he'd get far more leeway off the fans as results continue spiralling if he just threw the players under the bus and told us what (I hope) he actually thinks

If he really believes that was a positive performance then I fear we're in trouble

I don't know if he's trying to protect his players or whatever but he doesn't need to. We already know what they are like and what they do. If he doesn't bin a lot of these "big" players come he summer he is in trouble.

He's hardly going to throw them under the bus when there's still technically a League and Cup to win. He has made some mystifying decisions recently but he's smart enough to know that this group of players are a shower of losers who need culled at the end of the season.

You can’t really take the fans for fools like that though.

I don’t like where this trend is going with people turning on Clement. But some aspects are beggining to grate, that can’t be denied.

Don’t insult our intelligence by defending that dogshite.

I don’t think he’s handled the pressure of a title race well at all.

Since the Motherwell defeat, the team selection, subs & mentality of the team have been extremely poor.

Less points than Beale had. Can’t beat Celtic. And would have been miles well out of any title race if Celtic if they hadn’t dropped loads of points over winter.

"we didn't get the luck"

"we created enough chances to win"

"we came up against a good goalkeeper"

"I saw effort from my team"

"we were organised and structured"

"one week ago, we scored 3 goals against Celtic and also 2 goals against Ross County"

He’s actually just said the players gave the reaction he wanted aside the result.

If that’s not a huge red flag I don’t know what is
He is in damage control mode now. If he’s not careful, these lot will ouster him in the same way they did Beale, and Gio before him.

If he rocks the boat, we’ll be lucky to finish in the top 4.

He is probably being strategic to get any semblance of form out of the squad to finish the season respectably before gutting them. I hope.

Clearly a strategic interview to try and stop the heads going down further. We still need to go to Parkhead, he can hardly come out and slaughter the players.

Clement will know how shite that was tonight.

You’d hardly want him throwing them under the bus on live TV regardless of how bad they played.

I think we would all like him to say what every fan watching that and the past few seasons have been thinking but he’s never going to come out and say anything like that, he’s got to make it sound not as bad as it is but every one that’s been watching can see.

What’s he supposed to say? He’s dealing with a team clearly fragile in confidence with five league games to go and a title, mathematically at least, still up for grabs. It would be a dereliction in duty for him to do anything other than back them publicly.

Do we expect him to throw the player under the bus?
If he does that we then slate him for losing the dressing room

no one is expecting him to stand and call them all out one by one saying the team is full of losers but "tonight simply wasn't acceptable" wouldn't have gone amiss. If that's enough to break them then they're not fit to wear the Rangers jersey anyway.

Clement just dousing the flames with this interview. He knows if he chucks them under the bus they will really collapse. He needs to back them in public.

To what end? Lose on Sunday the season is over, if there's a time for a drastic shot at salvaging something from this scrap heap of a playing squad it is now.

You can stilll give an honest verdict of the game without totally throwing the players under the bus - to claim we created chances is absolute nonsense - we had barely one shot on target in the 2nd half. At no point did we have any sustained pressure.

Sick and tired of this nonsense - Clement looks lost and I don’t think he has the answers

"we didn't get the luck"

"we created enough chances to win"

"we came up against a good goalkeeper"

"I saw effort from my team"

"we were organised and structured"

"one week ago, we scored 3 goals against Celtic and also 2 goals against Ross County"

The worrying thing for me is he thinks 3 goals v them and 2 v Ross county , without winning is to be applauded.
No winning mentality and no real Rangers men that knows what it means.

Clement just dousing the flames with this interview. He knows if he chucks them under the bus they will really collapse. He needs to back them in public.
Doesn't make it any easier tho. I think he should have ripped them apart

What is actually happening at the club at the moment?

Seriously, they’ve lost the fucking plot in every way possible.

Back