The clement interview

A squad full of gutless serial losers whenever teams set up to battle against them unfortunately.

Other than Soutar I can't think of a single player that performed well tonight.
A complete capitulation.!

The interview from Clement is stuff that would have seen Beale get slaughted for.

Raskin must be wondering what he needs to do to get a game in that midfield.

Everything will be on winning the Scottish Cup to at least salvage some form of consolation.

Since he’s came in all we’ve done is play hoofball, you get away with it if your winning but when you start to drop points like we have done mixed with the bizarre decision making clement has been doing. Then your going to get questioned. He’s not lasting past the end of this year if he doesn’t cut out the hoofball, it’s mind numbing to watch. We have not attacking game plan.

I'm glad we have PC as manager. He's worked his magic way beyond it's sell by date. Anger should be directed at the usual bottlers. We all know who they are. All the knobs calling for his head forget where we were when he took over. At least he allowed us to dream this season when 6 months ago we had all but given up. Next season, when he's had a chance to bring in his own players, is the time to judge. All the spoilt brats should wind their fecking necks in!
You’re bang on.

You have to wonder about the intelligence of people who want the manager to come out and start slaughtering the team at this stage of the season..

Now, if we start next season with even half that team that started tonight, then yes, I will question him too.

To be frank, actually getting us into position where we thought we could win the league was a fucken miracle with this squad of losers

He's a clever man. If your not performing well in your workplace and your boss stands at the front of your work place slagging u off are you gonna work better? No. He will deal with them privately... but let's hope that leads to some of them out the door in summer
Im not doubting that but he said the players were thrown off at the weekend because of the Dundee pitch saga.

It's just nonsense and saying it just makes him sound ridiculous

This. Too many on here with tears in their eyes vying for blood off the man who's dragged us back into a title race in the first place.

Wtf do you want him to say? Aye the team were shite this evening? What will that achieve exactly?

People talking about red flags etc, get a grip FFS.
How exactly did he drag us back? Celtic dropped the points (to other teams - sadly NOT to us), that gave us a chance with roughly the same form as last year. On the form of the last five games we'd be 8th in the league. Stop manufacturing a myth.

I expect him to criticise the players. That effort tonight was disgraceful. We’re far past the point of mollycoddling and protecting them.

He’s not thrown them under the bus after Celtic and Ross County and that’s the effort he’s rewarded with. They don’t deserve any better.
PIP & RIP

Praise in Public
Reprimand in Private

You don't publicly slate people and expect them to want to work for you.

The same players, more or less, who went with only 1 defeat in the first 30 or so games after he took over and have largely done quite well.

He's finding a lot about their mentality and abilities now the going has got a lot tougher and he can do his criticism when it comes to the transfer window.

Live on Sky Sports saying "WTF was I thinking bringing Fabio Silva in" isn't going to do him, the player or the club any favours. Your expectations are totally unrealistic.

This. Too many on here with tears in their eyes vying for blood off the man who's dragged us back into a title race in the first place.

Wtf do you want him to say? Aye the team were shite this evening? What will that achieve exactly?

People talking about red flags etc, get a grip FFS.
"We should have done allot better and we will sort it out this week" would've been allot better than "that was the reaction I wanted we were unlucky". Can only hope he's not in the dressing room telling the players that was acceptable otherwise they'll see no reason to improve

Tin hat on and I’ll get it for this but perhaps everyone needs to look at the job Mcinnes has done with Killie, even his recruitment on an absolute shoestring in comparison has been excellent.
Maybe we need to face facts and accept that’s what we need, he would at least install a bit of fight.

Honestly

Go to bed

True. However, he's p****d off and worried an already frustrated fan base.
Also true. I get what he's trying to do morale-wise for the players, but it's not what the fans want to hear. We want to hear he's angry and the players are shit, but he'll never say that on a live public broadcast. If he did, he'd never work again.

How exactly did he drag us back? Celtic dropped the points (to other teams - sadly NOT to us), that gave us a chance with roughly the same form as last year. On the form of the last five games we'd be 8th in the league. Stop manufacturing a myth.
Haha ok so Clement is shite and should be sacked right?

On nights like this, FF is even more embarrassing than that performance tonight.

He’s actually just said the players gave the reaction he wanted aside the result.

If that’s not a huge red flag I don’t know what is

He's trying to protect them. It's what managers do when we still have something to play for.

That is blatantly obvious.

Is everyone therefore delighted that the manager is going to continue to setup the same, exclude Tavernier from bombing outside, tell the team to give it to Dujon on his left foot and repeatedly leave the opposition to meander through looking at Jack Butland.

That‘s what he told you tonight.

Whatever this Plan A now is, its still going to continue.

What's he expected to say, they're all pish and I'll be having a clear out soon?!? Semi final, maybe a final, and 5 games to win the league. Tall order from where we are, but he can't throw the players under the bus just now.

PIP & RIP

Praise in Public
Reprimand in Private

The same players, more or less, who went with only 1 defeat in the first 30 or so games after he took over and have largely done quite well.

He's finding a lot about their mentality and abilities now the going has got a lot tougher and he can do his criticism when it comes to the transfer window.

Live on Sky Sports saying "WTF was I thinking bringing Fabio Silva in" isn't going to do him, the player or the club any favours. Your expectations are totally unrealistic.
Sense on FF, it'll never catch on mate.

I’m totally behind him but the last 2 team selections in the midfield have me seriously worried. A blind man could have told him tonight was gonna be a battle in the midfield and starting with the 3 we did was madness. Sterling had to be in the middle of the park for me.

His interview worries me greatly as he thinks we played well and we’re just unlucky. Dundee showed more grit, passion and desire than us which for a team going for a title just isn’t acceptable in any way.

"We should have done allot better and we will sort it out this week" would've been allot better than "that was the reaction I wanted we were unlucky". Can only hope he's not in the dressing room telling the players that was acceptable otherwise they'll see no reason to improve
Do you honestly believe thats even a remote possibility?

Tin hat on and I’ll get it for this but perhaps everyone needs to look at the job Mcinnes has done with Killie, even his recruitment on an absolute shoestring in comparison has been excellent.
Maybe we need to face facts and accept that’s what we need, he would at least install a bit of fight.
I’ve said it before on here. McInnes would be absolutely fine as the Rangers manager. Like Signing players, there’s a real snobbery around Scottish appointments within the support. There’s a number players we should’ve signed that we didn’t.

He's a clever man. If your not performing well in your workplace and your boss stands at the front of your work place slagging u off are you gonna work better? No. He will deal with them privately... but let's hope that leads to some of them out the door in summer

I don’t know mate, if I was getting paid an absolute fortune but not performing in a role due to sheer laziness I’d probs accept my gaffer calling me out on it. Might even embarrass me into putting in a bit more effort

League record of P22 W19 D1 L2 from taking over until the recent OF game. 58/66 points.

Compared to the 12/21 Beale had amassed before PC took over. We were 7 points behind at that stage. They might have dropped the points but we still had to win enough of our own games to get back in front.

Never heard his comments and right now don't want to.
In private he'd better hammer these losers. If what I've read
re his comments he is spouting pure pish.

There's a million miles between chucking them under the bus and saying "that was poor" in public FFS.

If these losers can't cope with "that was poor" then we might as well chuck it.

This shouldn't need explained to people.

We all know how fragile they are. Clement has shown since he got here is no mug, he'll have known what to expect.

He has to stay as positive as can be to avoid it getting worse on Sunday.

Unfortunately I've had to waste my time writing this as clearly people do need simple things explained to them.

PIP & RIP

Praise in Public
Reprimand in Private

Haha you’ve totally exaggerated and gone a bit unrealistic yourself with what I’d like him to say.

Saying it’s not good enough from the players in general and there’s been no reaction is acceptable I think.

If he’s saying these things in the dressing room and in private that’s fine, but what I'm making this up as I need attention: after the games and in press conferences is a little worrying imo based on the reaction of the team.

We all know how fragile they are. Clement has shown since he got here is no mug, he'll have known what to expect.

He has to stay as positive as can be to avoid it getting worse on Sunday.

Unfortunately I've had to waste my time writing this as clearly people do need simple things explained to them.

How has Clement shown he is no mug?

I don't think I've ever seen a Rangers manager react like that to such a negative result which is bizarre because surely every manager does it otherwise he's throwing the players under the bus?

He's trying to protect them. It's what managers do when we still have something to play for.

That is blatantly obvious.
Almost as blatantly obvious that we have no plan B.

So what happens if we lose to Hearts? Does he still lie post match? Because that’s what he just done, stood on national TV and lied through his teeth.
We are 1 defeat from our season being over

I’ve said it before on here. McInnes would be absolutely fine as the Rangers manager. Like Signing players, there’s a real snobbery around Scottish appointments within the support. There’s a number players we should’ve signed that we didn’t.
Depressing to think that within the next 3 years we could well see a McInnes v Docherty OF game and it'll be box office.

I’ve no problem with a manager trying to protect players and I really hope that’s what he was doing as no-one who watched that or was at it would agree at all that the players gave their all. It wa as other insipid, weak, gutless performance and it’s clear now that they team needs absolutely gutted.

I’d honestly drop half that team tonight for the Semi as I can’t stand the sight of some of the at the moment. Serious questions need to be asked about Lundstrums efforts as his contract is coming to and end and his effort is declining just as rapidly. Almost at end of game, he had ball out wide and rather than drive forward or play it into box, squared it to Lawrence, puts his head down and casually jogged forward. He’s chucked it in my book.

Can I suggest that those claiming player protection reasons have a think about how you feel about setting up that same structure again.

The manager just publicly stated he liked it and clearly thinks he set them up the best way to win. Dujons left foot. Sima stood on the touchline forcing Tav inside arriving to the D surrounded by opponents.

Dundee still finding players stood alone nobody near them, in our box.

That’s our plan. Didnt deviate, structure maintained.

Why ?

How has Clement shown he is no mug?

I don't think I've ever seen a Rangers manager react like that to such a negative result which is bizarre because surely every manager does it otherwise he's throwing the players under the bus?

I can't explain this to you again. It's so obvious what the manager was doing. If you can't see/understand then that's on you.

Back