The clement interview

We have a cup semi final to play on Sunday so he isn’t going to slaughter the team. He will now know what he has to do in the longer term.

Hopefully he’s just trying to get the heads up knowing we have a cup still to play for.

This squad needs a wholesale clear out, he’s been left a pile of shite.

Clement just dousing the flames with this interview. He knows if he chucks them under the bus they will really collapse. He needs to back them in public.
That’s been the problem for ever - these goddamn babies hold all the power it seems. They get together and f over manager after manager. Why on earth do these high paid assholes need to be told what they did right and what they did wrong! It’s an insult to the intelligence.

PIP & RIP

Praise in Public
Reprimand in Private

You don't publicly slate people and expect them to want to work for you.

The same players, more or less, who went with only 1 defeat in the first 30 or so games after he took over and have largely done quite well.

He's finding a lot about their mentality and abilities now the going has got a lot tougher and he can do his criticism when it comes to the transfer window.

Live on Sky Sports saying "WTF was I thinking bringing Fabio Silva in" isn't going to do him, the player or the club any favours. Your expectations are totally unrealistic.
I'm not asking him to slate them

A simple "me and the players both know we need to do much better than this" would suffice.

That interview was same bullshit Beale would come out we scored 3 against Tim’s and 3 in another simple fact is played 3 teams got 1 point and you could be lucky to get that point tonight they had some really good chances just grow a pair and fucking drop some of those cunts

He’s actually just said the players gave the reaction he wanted aside the result.

If that’s not a huge red flag I don’t know what is
He can't destroy them. He needs them for a semi final this weekend. The close season will be the making or braking of PC. If he doesn't gut the bottle merchants and shitebags from the side, they will see off another manager.

He doesn't need to defend the players. The league is done and dusted. He needs to come out and say this is simply not good enough.
Way back I said he needed a couple of years and I stand by that but his reaction in that interview has undermined all his great work of the past six months.
Im seriously doubting I'm going to enjoy Hampden on Sunday.
We look a bottom six team there it's gone so badly wrong.

Don’t be ridiculous, he’s inherited this team and hasn’t had the chance to build his own team. He has to be the man who gets rid of these bottlers and builds a team fit enough to wear the Rangers jersey.

And the money to do that is coming from where exactly? Who is queuing up to take on the large number of crocks and or passengers who are quite happy to sit in the house or on the bench on their fat contracts that no other club in their right mind would ever consider paying?

What he has said in the interview is absolute nonsense but he’s got to be thinking we still have a cup to play for … which on the last 2 games viewings we won’t win.

Got to at least try and keep the players motivated for Sunday.

All is well, we scored 3 goals against Celtic.
That was a car crash, a disaster and an embarrassment.
Perhaps every bit as bad as the result.

This is utter nonsense he's talking.

Sorry, I love the manager but this is garbage,
He is talking nonsense and garbage. He knows it, and we know it. He is taking a gamble that doing so is the lesser of two evils, since so many of his player's are weak and fragile and if he went public about them they would collapse even further. He will be already planning to ship many of them out. However, in meantime, he must find some way of getting something out of them. It is a high risk strategy, but he must think it is the best way of dealing with our collapse. Time will tell.

He's a clever man. If your not performing well in your workplace and your boss stands at the front of your work place slagging u off are you gonna work better? No. He will deal with them privately... but let's hope that leads to some of them out the door in summer

Other side of that is if your gaffer is publicly saying, ‘doing a good job’, can’t really say different to that bcd

Come on Phil, stop talking nonsense. You think that was a reaction, you think we created enough and were lucky. We were lucky not to lose. Stop protecting them.
Can see big Phil going into the dressing room and freaking, letting the players know that he has lied for them for the last time. Many truths will have been told I reckon. He looked raging at full time.

How exactly did he drag us back? Celtic dropped the points (to other teams - sadly NOT to us), that gave us a chance with roughly the same form as last year. On the form of the last five games we'd be 8th in the league. Stop manufacturing a myth.

Because that's how football works.

If the gap was still 8 points, and they had barely dropped any points all season, would you fell any better about things at present? Maybe you wouldn't, but I know I wouldn't.

That's what happened to Beale last season. They won a treble. We choked when it mattered against them. The issues remain the exact same, the circumstances only differ slightly.

He’s actually just said the players gave the reaction he wanted aside the result.

If that’s not a huge red flag I don’t know what is
Maybe he isn’t throwing his players under the bus.

I’ll understand if people do take this as a red flag, won’t try and change anyone’s mind but it’ll take a hell of a lot more than that for me to turn on another manager (seems to be the first decent one we’ve had in a long time) over the gang of Shitebags that make up the spine of our team.

We could be looking for a new manager alot sooner than we all thought. He's absolutely lost the plot the last month or so. Some of the stuff he's been coming out with is just nonsense.

What’s he supposed to say when he’s got to send them back out on Sunday to try and win a cup semi I really don’t get it. Your all out the door in 5 weeks cos your crap. If you don’t understand him by now you never will.He knows what’s required and who needs to go the problem will be if he’s given the funds to do it

It's hard not to argue he could have found a strategy to protect the players without coming out with what seemed like a delusional rant.

Because the down side is the fans will be angry at him fo that and that's not going to help him.

I'm not asking him to slate them

A simple "me and the players both know we need to do much better than this" would suffice.
"of course you can do details better"
"today we didn't have anybody with the spark to make the big difference"
"I was disappointed and angry after Ross County"

Not good enough for you?

When the fan media are calling you out then you’re on a slippery slope. Players are shite but some of his decisions over the last few weeks have been ridiculous. All those that wanted to slaughter me after the mentally challenged game should have a look at themselves. We are going off in to the oblivion again, not a lot of money to spend and a full rebuild for the 6th or 7th time in the last 8 years. They have completely blown an opportunity to peg those cunts back financially and it’s down to a shocking summer and an inability to buy a goal scorer in January.

It's hard not to argue he could have found a strategy to protect the players without coming out with what seemed like a delusional rant.

Because the down side is the fans will be angry at him fo that and that's not going to help him.
Gio was forever protecting the players, look where it got him.

He's not going to go on TV and say we were shite. He somehow has to motivate the team as the confidence of the players and supporters is rock bottom. Somehow he has to work out a way to win on Sunday. It won't be easy.

Gonna give him the benefit of the doubt & say he’s protecting them to see out the season, but if he really believes what he said, we are in a lot more bother than I thought we were.

Part of that was worse than the performance against county.

I get the points that he isn't gonna skate this team with a semi coming up but FFS. Every single game recently has been a final and they've been utter dug meat. What difference is a semi final at Hampden?

The likes of Diomande to come in. That's about it. There won't be any changes apart from that. Getting Sima and Matondo back but we should've realised it means nout if the likes of Lundstram and Tavernier are still dictating play.

What's "worrying" is that with the large turnover of players, PC will want to retain JL and that's gonna end in tears again next season.

He's been talking shite for weeks now
If I'm not happy with you at work, do you think I call you shite and a waster in a team meeting or at an interview for the company magazine? Of course not, I'll go through you in private. Believe me, you'll know and you'll not do it again. Try me.

Phil knows what he's doing. His hands are tied.

Clement isn’t daft he’s a man manager he’s got a level out of the players we never thought was possible at times.

Sadly they’ve reverted back to their old ways however Clement isn’t going to slate them in the media, he’ll still want to believe they can do it.

Back