The clement interview

When the fan media are calling you out then you’re on a slippery slope. Players are shite but some of his decisions over the last few weeks have been ridiculous. All those that wanted to slaughter me after the mentally challenged game should have a look at themselves. We are going off in to the oblivion again, not a lot of money to spend and a full rebuild for the 6th or 7th time in the last 8 years. They have completely blown an opportunity to peg those cunts back financially and it’s down to a shocking summer and an inability to buy a goal scorer in January.

A portion of fan media campaigned for Beale and claimed he was the man to fix us.

Anyone putting stock in the opinion of fans, media or not, after recent results, needs their head checked.

He has no option if he crucified them ... (they deserve it and more ) they will completely down tools .. he's trying to keep them onside possibly till after Sunday.. i think ... I like big phil but if he honestly believes thst ... he's the next one sacked
He's just realised that his players have been fooling him all along. He can't trust a single one of them.

Maybe he isn’t throwing his players under the bus.

I’ll understand if people do take this as a red flag, won’t try and change anyone’s mind but it’ll take a hell of a lot more than that for me to turn on another manager (seems to be the first decent one we’ve had in a long time) over the gang of Shitebags that make up the spine of our team.
What are you basing that on?
Not being snide in that, but what makes you think he’s a decent manager?
Any decisions stand out? Any particular tactical masterstroke or pieces of genius in a selection or substitution? Style of play?

Can’t bring myself to watch it.

If it’s as bad as this thread suggests it’s the beginning of the end for him.

The support is the lifeblood of the club and we will not suffer fools. Dump the dross and play players willing to fight for the badge you clown.

What he has said in the interview is absolute nonsense but he’s got to be thinking we still have a cup to play for … which on the last 2 games viewings we won’t win.

Got to at least try and keep the players motivated for Sunday.
This is the only ray of light I can see after that performance , he needs them on Sunday and has to keep them onside to a degree.
If we lose Sunday it might be a different story when asked about players.

Behave. Do you really believe what you've typed?

It's not untrue. It's unlikely, but he's telling the truth.

Clement will still believe he can get these lads across the line. He has to. Should he just give up and play the B team on Sunday? Is that really what the support wants? Are we that fragile, that we can't live in reality and that we have to create an entirely fictitious one to make us feel better about recent results.

I don't think we'll win %^*& all between now and the end of the season, but I'd be raging if the man that's meant to be leading us gave up at this point.

86e.png
My overriding reaction to this interview.

It's what he said in his post-match interview tonight. Folk unhappy about him not having a go at the players. Clearly he is managing that side of it, in private where it should be done.

He could have easily trotted out a series of neutral cliches and platitudes.

Instead, he patronised the support. We’re angry and exasperated enough without being told that tonight was a decent performance.

This is the only ray of light I can see after that performance , he needs them on Sunday and has to keep them onside to a degree.
If we lose Sunday it might be a different story when asked about players.
That’s my hope mate.

I hope behind closed doors they’re standing in a queue one hand over the other waiting in their turn of the belt.

If I'm not happy with you at work, do you think I call you shite and a waster in a team meeting or at an interview for the company magazine? Of course not, I'll go through you in private. Believe me, you'll know and you'll not do it again. Try me.

Phil knows what he's doing. His hands are tied.
Sorry boss

Instead, he patronised the support. We’re angry and exasperated enough without being told that tonight was a decent performance.

Exactly!

If he wants to protect his players then he trots out the "naturally we're disappointed we don't win, we have to learn from this" blah blah blah. Bat away every question with a cliched answer and get back to the dressing room.

Coming out and lying from start to finish is not protecting anyone!

If I'm not happy with you at work, do you think I call you shite and a waster in a team meeting or at an interview for the company magazine? Of course not, I'll go through you in private. Believe me, you'll know and you'll not do it again. Try me.

Phil knows what he's doing. His hands are tied.
Not really comparable though is it.

Do you not think I know that? I'm saying what the manager has to do. If he goes out publicly and slates the full team, do you think any of them are going to try on Sunday when we have a semi final to play? You're the one that needs to open your eyes mate
My eyes can't take anymore mate. I'm an optimist but this series of displays can baffle even the blind

There is absolutely no chance he believes any of that but he can’t throw them under the bus. Still in 2 comps, realistically just the SC

I believe Clement is well aware of this teams inadequacy, but, he can't call them on it, not when he needs them to turn up over the next 6/7 games. However, what does piss me off is him saying the fans need to stick with the team as if we're contributing to their faults, no what needs to happen is for the team to match the passion, fervour, desire and commitment of the fans.

Horrendous display and interview. Get the bit about not throwing them under a bus but surely making things up is not acceptable. When did Dundee kick the ball off the line. Only two chances I can remember is Goldson powder header and Dessers shot.

Clement isn’t daft he’s a man manager he’s got a level out of the players we never thought was possible at times.

Sadly they’ve reverted back to their old ways however Clement isn’t going to slate them in the media, he’ll still want to believe they can do it.

That's a big part of the picture-the more worrying part has been the line ups and his inability to change things and stick to the same system when we needed to win both games.

There is a fine line between protecting your team and talking bollocks.

There was no fight tonight, no reaction. He could easily call that out. Red flag 1.

Their keeper made 2 good stops but we didn't test him anywhere near enough. Red flag 2.

The structure? ... Pull the other one. Red flag 3.

I'd also suggest playing Sima on the right instead of his natural left position to get Silva in the team. Playing Lawrence as a holding midfielder (?). Bringing Dowell on. I mean...there are red flags all over the place for me there.

He doesn't need to throw players under the bus, just saying it was an unacceptable performance would have done yet he hits out with that garbage.

Anyone can see he's trying his damnedest to manage his players as best as he possibly can and how he thinks it is best to.

He could just as easily have thrown them to the wolves or publicly shamed their results against inferior teams, but then any hope of them picking up the win on Sunday or keeping any faint hopes of winning the league alive would be completely gone, and for what? To make us feel a bit better now that he's had a shouty rant about how pish Tom Lawrence was? Not for me.

He’s not lost the plot, he’s lost his players and that’s a major issue but, for me, he’s got to throw them under the bus and stop protecting them because every manager before has been the same and the reactions and results have been the same.

It’s time to start leaving bodies behind him now, stop giving them the protection they desire, the shielding from the glare of pressure. Enough of the same stuff now.

We will never have a better chance of winning this thing and over the last 5 games we’ve went from how many points we will win it by to how many we will lose it by.

All under the watchful eyes of the same pathetic leadership group.

The echo chamber needs ripped apart, the soul has been stolen from this club by imposters and lazy fuckers happy to take a wage and be settled.

The club needs taken to shreds from top to bottom.

Clement is the man, but he’s got to be better than what his players are giving him, and he needs to be fucking totally ruthless or else he will be on the dole as well.

Dry your eyes mate. We're only in a position to even be raging about tonight because Clement dragged us back into the race.
I think I'm right in saying Beales points total was better for the same matches played .
Celtc dropping points they never would have dropped last season is what got us back in it .

Back