The clement interview

That's a big part of the picture-the more worrying part has been the line ups and his inability to change things and stick to the same system when we needed to win both games.
There was a thread about him tinkering too much the other day. It can't be both.

Also, how many halftime subs have been made this season compared to the likes of Walter/Gerrard who had 76 minute to wait before changes?

He can’t throw any of them under the us because he doesn’t have anybody else to replace them. He took over an absolute disaster and managed to mount a challenge which had us believing we could win everything. Then his team simply ran out of gas and showed both him and us that most of them were what we’ve thought before he came here. A bunch of overpaid and over-hyped second raters who would struggle for a game with Bolton Wanderers.

Still be criticising them in public. Tried that at the weekend.

He knows we’re done, everyone does. He’s trying anything he can to lift them. Seasons done Sunday if we go out. Then see what he says if that happens.

Why do you think publicly lying and talking absolute waffle to the media is likely to lift them? I don't get it.

He’s not lost the plot, he’s lost his players and that’s a major issue but, for me, he’s got to throw them under the bus and stop protecting them because every manager before has been the same and the reactions and results have been the same.

It’s time to start leaving bodies behind him now, stop giving them the protection they desire, the shielding from the glare of pressure. Enough of the same stuff now.

We will never have a better chance of winning this thing and over the last 5 games we’ve went from how many points we will win it by to how many we will lose it by.

All under the watchful eyes of the same pathetic leadership group.

The echo chamber needs ripped apart, the soul has been stolen from this club by imposters and lazy fuckers happy to take a wage and be settled.

The club needs taken to shreds from top to bottom.

Clement is the man, but he’s got to be better than what his players are giving him, and he needs to be fucking totally ruthless or else he will be on the dole as well.
Totally agree with all of that but the time for that is not now, it is the end of the season.

They should be thrown not under the bus for the mhedia to ridicule us further.

Those who let him down will be thrown out the door.

Not long back from the game and just watched it.

Absolutely awful from Clement.

You may not want to throw your players under the bus but that was just ridiculous what he came out with. Truly awful.

I'll remind people again. For all that think he is such a 'great' manager - if he was that great he wouldn't be managing in the SPHell.

With the manager coming out with that tonight and the poor quality of our players, we are an absolute mess .

He's got a semi final to prepare for he's not going to chuck the fragile bunch of scared panic merchants under the bus.

He's coming off like a crackpot in the media.

Referencing Dermot Gallagher and that the other week was wild.

There is a big difference between defending the players in public and waffling/insulting our intelligence aswell btw. The line about the fans need to stick with them and journalists and supporters only look at results is absolutely wild particularly the latter and a have no idea how that is possibly dressed up as protecting the players either in all honesty? If he sticks with them in the summer we’ll be back looking for a new gaffer and out of a another title by Xmas nothing will ever change with this core group they do not have what it takes to bring success to our club.

Anyone can see he's trying his damnedest to manage his players as best as he possibly can and how he thinks it is best to.

He could just as easily have thrown them to the wolves or publicly shamed their results against inferior teams, but then any hope of them picking up the win on Sunday or keeping any faint hopes of winning the league alive would be completely gone, and for what? To make us feel a bit better now that he's had a shouty rant about how pish Tom Lawrence was? Not for me.

I haven’t asked for a “shouty rant”. Indeed I even mentioned he should simply have gone for neutral cliches.

Instead, he went the other way and tried to suggest we were unfortunate and tonight was a good response to Sunday.That’s not handling it - that’s creating a narrative that fans and media see as nonsense and inviting more scrutiny.

So much for the ‘synergy’.

On the wider point, our repeated failures are due to a lack of a responsibility and consequences.

It’s odd that we’re required to walk on eggshells around a playing squad that are on their 3rd manager in two seasons just in case they actually turn up for a cup semi-final.

It really is an Ibrox bubble for these players. No wonder so many are content to remain. Over-paid and mollycoddled.

What are you basing that on?
Not being snide in that, but what makes you think he’s a decent manager?
Any decisions stand out? Any particular tactical masterstroke or pieces of genius in a selection or substitution? Style of play?
Nah I get you’re not being snide. A very fair question.

A league cup, the win against Betis, the fact that he’s had us in a title race up until the middle of April when we were 8 adrift when he came in. I know they’ve dropped points but I just have a hunch.

Bottom line is we can’t just keep going through managers. It can’t be a coincidence. Tav has been captain since Warburton was here. He’s been a good servant he’s scored some big and very important goals but he isn’t what we need. Goldson has ran his race and took us from Murtymania to a Europa final. He’s been great for us but he isn’t the leader we need marshalling our defence. Lundstram is meant to be our midfield enforcer and after his new manager purple patch has faded he’s lacklustre.

We don’t have leaders in the team, we don’t have players with the right mentality. Just players who’ve been here for years so they’re seen as “leaders of the group”

I’ll be repeating myself on here a lot. I’m of the opinion Phil is a good manager and I won’t properly judge him until he’s had the summer and a good budget.

That said, if he thinks the players I’ve highlighted are good enough and persists with them, it’ll be on him. I’m just fucking fed up of us throwing trophies away because of heartless players who can’t stand up when it matters.

A league cup, the win against Betis, the fact that he’s had us in a title race up until the middle of April when we were 8 adrift when he came in. I know they’ve dropped points but I just have a hunch.

Bottom line is we can’t just keep going through managers. It can’t be a coincidence. Tav has been captain since Warburton was here. He’s been a good servant he’s scored some big and very important goals but he isn’t what we need. Goldson has ran his race and took us from Murtymania to a Europa final. He’s been great for us but he isn’t the leader we need marshalling our defence. Lundstram is meant to be our midfield enforcer and after his new manager purple patch has faded he’s lacklustre.

We don’t have leaders in the team, we don’t have players with the right mentality. Just players who’ve been here for years so they’re seen as “leaders of the group”

I’ll be repeating myself on here a lot. I’m of the opinion Phil is a good manager and I won’t properly judge him until he’s had the summer and a good budget.

That said, if he thinks the players I’ve highlighted are good enough and persists with them, it’ll be on him. I’m just fucking fed up of us throwing trophies away because of heartless players who can’t stand up when it matters.
Your timelines are out Goldson didn’t take us from Murtymania (Gerrard signed him) and Wallace was captain under Warburton

I think it’s a bit worrying we’ve gotten worse since he had the winter break with the team. But you’re right, he won’t or shouldn’t be judged until he has his own players. The worrying thing about that is we said that about Caixinha, Van Bronckhorst and Beale as well

I'm not too far from................

4168.jpg

il_794xN.2903645649_4n7u.jpg

I believe Clement is well aware of this teams inadequacy, but, he can't call them on it, not when he needs them to turn up over the next 6/7 games. However, what does piss me off is him saying the fans need to stick with the team as if we're contributing to their faults, no what needs to happen is for the team to match the passion, fervour, desire and commitment of the fans.
That’s a great point. He did a good job tallying the fans and there was a marked improvement in backing the team.

But to call out the fans now is ridiculous. As you say, the players need to match their energy and show appreciation for the support with drive, commitment and courage.

He’ll be gone next season.
Only way he'd be gone is if he decides to leave. He doesn't seem overly taken with how badly our league is run tbh. From bad referees/VAR to Dundee's pitch nonsense. Those comments he made about decent managers and coaches choosing the Belgian 2nd division or League One over the SPL weren't exactly subtle.

Semi final on Sunday he’s hardly going to say his squad is full of losers and shitebags is he
He didn't have to say that though, there's a middle ground. What he has come out with is absurd. Even the players hes supposedly protecting will know he's taking nonsense.

People have hyped him up far too much.

If he was that good he wouldn't be managing in this backwater.
I think it's more trying to get out of the cycle of tearing into new managers, so we've gone a bit too far the other way to protect him from criticism so as it doesn't seem to be deja vu. That's why you've got some blaming the players alone for poor results, when really it's the players and the manager who should take joint responsibility.

He’s trying to hold the team together cause he knows he’s stuck with that awful dross until the summer and we still have silverware to play for.

Watch him on the touchline and it’s obvious he’s fuming
I get that mate, but he could have come out with a different reaction and use of phrase. It was pretty chaotic.

He’s actually just said the players gave the reaction he wanted aside the result.

If that’s not a huge red flag I don’t know what is
Sadly I agree, but throwing them under the bus with a semi final and a few games to go would go down even worse!
I think despite what he said on camera, his body language through out the game, and after, displayed his real feelings.

I think its a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Should he have thrown the players under the bus in public, he'd be slated on here for it.
We were good few months ago. Weak minded players. Little bit pressure. Lose their minds. It's inexplicable. No one is brave enough to take charge and berate cunts let alone play football.

I think it's more trying to get out of the cycle of tearing into new managers, so we've gone a bit too far the other way to protect him from criticism so as it doesn't seem to be deja vu. That's why you've got some blaming the players alone for poor results, when really it's the players and the manager who should take joint responsibility.
I've been one of only a few for the past two or three months who have dared to question certain things about Clement.

I've never really seem him as this messiah that cannot be put under scrutiny.

Even this morning on here i was saying that I was uncomfortable at the lack of scrutiny he has come under. We have played a lot of dreadful stuff under him and his constant tinkering has completely ripped up any rhythm and cohesion, particularly in midfield and up front. It's been a mess. But people have turned a blind eye to it.

• He inherited this squad
  • He inherited this mess.
  • This squad threw HIM under the bus.
  • The league is gone (bar a miracle).
If we (He) thought we could make something with this squad, we were all wrong (and I was positive before tonight).
Time for a clearout. It’s done. This squad is toxic.

I think it’s a bit worrying we’ve gotten worse since he had the winter break with the team. But you’re right, he won’t or shouldn’t be judged until he has his own players. The worrying thing about that is we said that about Caixinha, Van Bronckhorst and Beale as well
You’re right. I just get a different vibe from Phil, I don’t know what it is. All of those managers had and seemed to trust the players I’ve mentioned. %^*& sentimentality get them gone. It’s not a knee jerk “%^*& sake tav” but the point I’ve made about them being “leaders of the group” because they’ve been there the longest seems fair to me.

Just hope Phil’s as ruthless as I’ve hoped he is. Needs to wield the axe.

Your timelines are out Goldson didn’t take us from Murtymania (Gerrard signed him) and Wallace was captain under Warburton
Goldson came in directly after murtymania (Jimmy Nichol if you want to get technical)

That/start of Gerrards reign is a lifetime ago. We’ve won a league, become a force in Europe, been to a Europa final, won 2 cups. We aren’t a rebuild job anymore we’re a top club and we need top players.

Wallace was captain under Warburton but I’m struggling to remember who gave Tav the armband.

Back