The clement interview

I've been one of only a few for the past two or three months who have dared to question certain things about Clement.

I've never really seem him as this messiah that cannot be put under scrutiny.

Even this morning on here i was saying that I was uncomfortable at the lack of scrutiny he has come under. We have played a lot of dreadful stuff under him and his constant tinkering has completely ripped up any rhythm and cohesion, particularly in midfield and up front. It's been a mess. But people have turned a blind eye to it.
It may not be a case of people turning a blind eye to Clement. Instead many had their eyes wide open and knew that too many of our players weren’t up to it. Not sure where the belief that he was some type of messiah came from. Instead he not long after his arrival, he warned us that he wasn’t a magician. If he had magical powers he probably would have made some players disappear.

He is in damage control mode now. If he’s not careful, these lot will ouster him in the same way they did Beale, and Gio before him.

If he rocks the boat, we’ll be lucky to finish in the top 4.

He is probably being strategic to get any semblance of form out of the squad to finish the season respectably before gutting them. I hope.
With all due respect, he is the one who keeps picking these utter pathetic shitebags i.e Tav and Goldson. If he had anything about him he would have dropped them both a long time ago, and certainly took the captaincy off tavernier, but he hasn’t, so he deserves all he gets for continuing to play them

Clearly a strategic interview to try and stop the heads going down further. We still need to go to Parkhead, he can hardly come out and slaughter the players.

Clement will know how shite that was tonight.
Clement is proving to be a dud and a shitebag by virtue of the fact he is too scared to drop Goldson and Tavernier. No matter how shit they are, he won’t drop them. Hell mend him for that alone and when we go to Parkhead and get pumped that will be on him, not the players. Just like when Beale was getting bad results everyone said it was Beale’s fault.

There's genuinely no point in (rightfully) slaughtering them at this time of the season.

We've still got the slimmest of chances at the league and the possibility of an OF Scottosh cup final.

If we're out of the cup by the time we play them at Parkhead and then get beat, like we all expect, then I think you'll see a different reaction and feeling towards the losers.

Clement is proving to be a dud and a shitebag by virtue of the fact he is too scared to drop Goldson and Tavernier. No matter how shit they are, he won’t drop them. Hell mend him for that alone and when we go to Parkhead and get pumped that will be on him, not the players. Just like when Beale was getting bad results everyone said it was Beale’s fault.

I don't think he's scared to drop them, he's just very thin on the ground when it comes to genuine options, when it comes to replacing either of them. If there was a legitimate shout for players sitting and waiting to play. Then I'd understand the calls to drop everyone. We don't have very many options, though. That statement stands for basically the entire team, atm.

Balogun was ill for the game tonight. Sterling was filling in at LB. Davies hasn't kicked a ball in earnest since that night in Seville. Barisic has been subbed at HT in his last few appearances. I just don't see any obvious solutions. He could do it to make a point, but I'm highly sceptical it would change results drastically.

Like it or not these are the players we will need to rely on in the semi final and (admittedly ultra long shot of the) league title run in. Throwing mentally fragile players who are struggling to cope under a big angry bus - while it might be satisfying for about 30 seconds - would torch anything salvageable for the rest of the season. We need to keep the heid, carry on and see where we are at the end of the season.

We were good few months ago. Weak minded players. Little bit pressure. Lose their minds. It's inexplicable. No one is brave enough to take charge and berate cunts let alone play football.
I think the core of the team benefit from new managers again and again, however they can't sustain it.

We need the stability from a manager on a longer basis, but to have that some of the players need to be moved on, they've shown through numerous managers that the Jersey is too heavy for them.

We all continously want an overhaul of the playing squad, but I feel that we should be looking to replace some of the senior players in our squad. Then build from there.

Although to remain on your point, I agree that the manager should tear through the squad especially after recent results and I do hope Clement has behind the scenes ,but think he's smarter than airing it in public.

Stupid comments from Bisgrove saying we must win, why make that public? You now set a defensive mode into a manager who also needs to somehow manage this group of misfits that the board sanctioned multi million pound deals and extensions for, to cup success! Baffling how things are the way they are at all levels at our club when times are tough.

The players have lost their bottle.
The manager has lost the plot.

Tongue in cheek about clement, I actually think he is trying to manage the players as best he can at the moment, taking some of the heat off them if you like.

Last edited:
He should have came out and said it wasn’t good enough and not the reaction he wanted.
Then go in and give them all verbal for the shit he was watching.
If he didn’t then it’s going to be the same thing again and again.
I would drop the so called undroppables too.
When the fans get on his back because he won’t drop players who we know need dropped he will crumble I think.
He will have to drop them for Sunday, but I have a feeling he won’t as he thinks they will win him the game!! Lundstrum and goldson wont, tav has been poor last 3 games also.
Don’t know where to start with dessers, dowell and Silva.
Out of those 6 I would have them all benched for Sunday, unfortunately I can’t see it happening.

It was still a dreadful interview.
He really has to be careful.
That embarrassing interview probably crossed the line from protecting players to insulting/disrespecting fans.
A big big mistake.
If he goes on to make some ruthless decisions and improve tactics (ie. doing his job!) then the fans will be right behind him - but we won’t accept being treated like idiots.

Can we drop this under the bus shite.
He could easily have said we were poor tonight blah blah blah.
To come out and basically lie what his true feelings are is plain stupid and insulting.
The jury is most certainly out on him because if the Scum hadn't dropped the points they did we probably wouldn't have been in the hunt.
Don't try to pull the wool over our eyes Phil or you will suffer the same fate as others before you.

Clearly a strategic interview to try and stop the heads going down further. We still need to go to Parkhead, he can hardly come out and slaughter the players.

Clement will know how shite that was tonight.
He shoukd be able to speak the truth, and in fact probably would if he thought his precious leadership group could respond to the criticism in the correct way - that is raise their game and not go in the huff. Looks like Big Phil fears the latter and so is afraid to criticize….

To Phillipe Clement, when you were appointed you told us you watched all games prior to your appointment. You told us you identified issues in our team. Well I put it to you Sir, the same impostors who caused previous managers their jobs will see the same happen to you.
Trust me, I watched the same bad movie today that I have seen too many times before.

The power is in YOUR HANDS!!

I get he probably didn't want to speak too badly about the players, as we are still in a cup and he doesn't want to lose the players completely. If that's those players playing for the manager and on side with him I just watched though, then I dread to f#ckin think how much worse they'd be for a manager they had completely chucked it for. In fact I've already seen it under previous managers from some of them, complete bottlers and wasters that don't deserve to wear the jersey.

The interview and his team selections are putting himself under pressure.
I hope he’s just having a bad month and comes back stronger. The thought of having to change manager yet again is mind blowing

But not as much as you are a prick
You think Clement is a good manager? Good enough for you to be a wank about it? He's fucking garbage and everyone can see it. Why do we have to go through this whole drawn out pish every time? Bet you were the same with Beale. Deluded.

You think Clement is a good manager? Good enough for you to be a wank about it? He's fucking garbage and everyone can see it. Why do we have to go through this whole drawn out pish every time? Bet you were the same with Beale. Deluded.
So Mr insight into all that I is good about football managers, who would you put forward?

Come on Phil, stop talking nonsense. You think that was a reaction, you think we created enough and were lucky. We were lucky not to lose. Stop protecting them.
Is he going to throw the players under the bus with a semi final on Sunday and still an outside chance of winning the league?
What he says to the media and what he really thinks at this stage of the season won’t always marry up.

Stop being a fanny, mate. There's no point being sarcastic at me because I think Clement is shite. He's bottled it. The league is fucking gone.
Stop being a fanny, mate. There's no point being sarcastic at me because I think Clement is shite. He's bottled it. The league is fucking gone.
So first I am a wank then a fanny, all very adult.
You never answered my question of who do we replace him with, or is it just primary school taunts?

Continuing with this 433 formation without the players to pull it off us worrying, also this constant rotation, pick your best team and get on with it.
Our midfield has been un crisis practically emptying it for 3 up front who are all useless and exposing our defence.

Is he going to throw the players under the bus with a semi final on Sunday and still an outside chance of winning the league?
What he says to the media and what he really thinks at this stage of the season won’t always marry up.
As if these players give a %^*& about the semi final coming up. They will be happy to get beat so they dont have to face celtc in the final and get smashed and shown up by them again in a final. Clement should have went right through the fucking lot of them but hes bottled it as much as all the players have

As if these players give a %^*& about the semi final coming up. They will be happy to get beat so they dont have to face celtc in the final and get smashed and shown up by them again in a final. Clement should have went right through the fucking lot of them but hes bottled it as much as all the players have
He's got no fire in him and he's bottled it. This is when you see if a manager has it. Clement doesn't have it.

It's quality we're lacking, not bottle.
Decent striker on Sunday and we're 2-3 up at half time.
Celtic have a better squad than us and their best players are coming back from injury for the run-in.
We are ravaged with injuries and didn't buy a striker in January.

It's quality we're lacking, not bottle.
Decent striker on Sunday and we're 2-3 up at half time.
Celtic have a better squad than us and their best players are coming back from injury for the run-in.
We are ravaged with injuries and didn't buy a striker in January.
I think it's the opposite, we capitulated when the pressure came on. That's bottling it for me. And the manager is to blame.

A lot of people on here were having erections for the man because we were winning games in the SPL. His conferences, bonding this, bonding that…..still some dodgy displays and selections.

It is still early days for me though. Next Feb, if we are not top of the league……. adios !

This thought has crossed my mind and it’s like the players know this too

Something very strange has happened in the dressing room since that Celtic game.
Not sure about him wanting a way out but your right about the dressing room

Something ain't right, where are all the hugs and handshakes/conversations when subbing players? Thats stopped all of a sudden

His philosophy of wanting the players to play without fear and be ok with making mistakes?! (They have regressed back into their old ways quickly enough and that demeanour of looking lost has returned)

Creating a “synergy” with the fans also has gone to shite

Don't think ive ever seen a group of players regress so quickly its been over the last 8 games they have looked completely devoid of ideas And Lost

He isn't exactly going to throw the team under the bus on live TV is he?

Did people expect him to come out and say "clueless, gutless, embarrassing"
No....but to start talking about the 3 goals we scored against Celtic and 2 goals against Ross County ( OG and a penalty) in our massive 1 point haul is pretty embarrassing. You can express disappointment in the performance without airing all the home truths ( assuming he does see it of course ( but team selection at the weekend will tell us all we need to know)

We play against lesser teams that look well drilled and well coached. We don't look like a structured or well coached team. It's all very slow and disjointed. All huff with a little puff.

Back