The clement interview

Bizarre when a manager trys to deny what we have al seen with our own eyes then it's usually when they are close to the exit door.

I am not saying that's the case here but WTF is he waffling about.

Quite a few on here need to have a look at yourselfs.

He’s a dud
He’s lost it
He’s never a manager
He won’t last
He’s looking for a way out.
I’m sick of listening to him.

Some amount of nonsense

Up until a few weeks ago you all probably praised him and loved listening to him.

Aye he’s made his mistakes.

But he also got us to this position from an utter shit show.

The way a lot are posting on here they’re close to turning on him and forcing him out the door.

That would be a big mistake

Quite a few on here need to have a look at yourselfs.

He’s a dud
He’s lost it
He’s never a manager
He won’t last
He’s looking for a way out.
I’m sick of listening to him.

Some amount of nonsense

Up until a few weeks ago you all probably praised him and loved listening to him.

Aye he’s made his mistakes.

But he also got us to this position from an utter shit show.

The way a lot are posting on here they’re close to turning on him and forcing him out the door.

That would be a big mistake
Did people actually listen to what he said when he came in.he warned we would face bumps in the road and it was then he would really learn about the mentality of the squad.sadly there is always a mad rush to come on here and be the first to say “the manager has to go” then we wonder why funds are limited on transfer fees when we sack managers every season.

Reading this thread, thank feck I don't bother doing pre or post match interviews.

He's coming across as weak, these last few weeks.

It's quite the transformation and not in a good way.

Did people actually listen to what he said when he came in.he warned we would face bumps in the road and it was then he would really learn about the mentality of the squad.sadly there is always a mad rush to come on here and be the first to say “the manager has to go” then we wonder why funds are limited on transfer fees when we sack managers every season.

So should we have stuck with Gio?

Should we have stuck with Beale?

I love this big guy and I know we are hampered by injuries, but this squad seem to be on a downward spiral, he needs to be ruthless and make changes.

As has been said on other threads, he seemed to have no problem in making an example of subbing Cantwell. Why not others?

We shouldn't pay too much attention to post match interviews.

As fans we are gutted and angry, probably the same for Clement, but we aren't going to get any brilliant pieces of insight or players being named and thrown under the bus.

Apart from an injury update the pre match interviews are almost identical and the post match ones offer little relief.

Just watched it.

Beale levels of delusion in relation to last nights game.

I cling to the hope that he lives in the real world when behind the dressing room door.

Are people really that stupid to cling onto every word that Clement said last night? McFadden hit the nail on the head last he’s protecting the players. This is a manager who’s worked in better leagues and managed some of the best talent in Europe. He’s gotten everything he can out these imposters and he will know it’s not good enough. Back the manager not these players!

I still trust him and think he will be a success with us. But, this group clearly dont respond to being protected given beale and gio tried it too. Gerrard was the last one to call them out and at least he got a reaction.

I love this big guy and I know we are hampered by injuries, but this squad seem to be on a downward spiral, he needs to be ruthless and make changes.

As has been said on other threads, he seemed to have no problem in making an example of subbing Cantwell. Why not others?
As it was ever thus with us.the buck always stops with the manager.i just worry that we seem to have just jumped on a managerial merry go round with this squad of players.unless we give the manager time to get this squad broken up and a new one put together.we will never get off this merry go round.

He has no option if he crucified them ... (they deserve it and more ) they will completely down tools .. he's trying to keep them onside possibly till after Sunday.. i think ... I like big phil but if he honestly believes thst ... he's the next one sacked
I think it shows he knows he has been papering over the cracks with this squad, everything is geared towards short term success. The signings of Cortes and Diomande should give us hope of the standard he wants to bring in. Looks like he will be bringing in more than he thought.

Was just reading that he said "fans and journalists only look at the result" when dealing out criticism. It's the ONLY thing that matters. I'd wouldn't care if we played crap all season but one every game 1-0.

PC looks isolated at the moment - definitely seasoned pros not playing for him - common Tav - get square behind your Manager and both sort out the lack of effort on and off field

Are people really that stupid to cling onto every word that Clement said last night? McFadden hit the nail on the head last he’s protecting the players. This is a manager who’s worked in better leagues and managed some of the best talent in Europe. He’s gotten everything he can out these imposters and he will know it’s not good enough. Back the manager not these players!
Agree with you, but that's a catch 22. The manager is asking us to back the players to lift them, but fans don't want to because of the results against inferior opponents.

Which puts us right back in that vicious circle again where angry support = poor performances = angry support, etc.

As it was ever thus with us.the buck always stops with the manager.i just worry that we seem to have just jumped on a managerial merry go round with this squad of players.unless we give the manager time to get this squad broken up and a new one put together.we will never get off this merry go round.
Gerrard got 3 years to fix the mess he inherited and it was still a work in progress at that time even after winning the league (and should have been cleared out then).

It took Souness 4 years and countless players in and out before getting a quality settled side that Walter inherited which went on to dominate.

Walter in his second spell got it fixed pretty rapidly under financial pressure and still delivered success but history shows that was the exception to the rule. This is still the standard we are judging managers to though.

Gerrard got 3 years to fix the mess he inherited and it was still a work in progress at that time even after winning the league (and should have been cleared out then).

It took Souness 4 years and countless players in and out before getting a quality settled side that Walter inherited which went on to dominate.

Walter in his second spell got it fixed pretty rapidly under financial pressure and still delivered success but history shows that was the exception to the rule. This is still the standard we are judging managers to though.
Unfortunately we don't have years or money on our side now,so we really are up shit creek.

Agree with you, but that's a catch 22. The manager is asking us to back the players to lift them, but fans don't want to because of the results against inferior opponents.

Which puts us right back in that vicious circle again where angry support = poor performances = angry support, etc.
I've a feeling he'll be saying something different after the Summer if he gets to move them on

For some reason, we are stuck with a senior leadership group. He's probably wondering if he drops one or criticises another, he upsets the whole group

Summertime will tell us all we need to know about the manager.

If theres no attempt to move Tav and Goldson on and JL is offered a new contract then its curtains for him
We need a clear out and rebuild in the same way that we saw in summer 2018.

And if that means selling the likes of Butland and Yilmaz to generate some funds towards that, then so be it.

As you say, the manager simply cannot progress if he doesn’t move on that constant group of failures.

Interview is a shocker start to finish, I know he does the positive spin on stuff but that performance needs to be called out for what it was, not good enough.

I’ll cut him some slack - he had to see with his own eyes what we’ve been watching since Gerrard, the ‘leaders’ in the team are weak and can’t handle pressue.

It would have been good if someone from the fan media told him it was nowhere near good enough.
What and have him call out his squad? Double down on what he said and cause friction between the fans and manager that isn't needed. They can sit and get tore into the player who is unfortunate enough to be wheeled out for duty

I'm hoping it's the case that he's not throwing them under a bus, on TV, just before a cup semi.... Hope to buggery that's the case anyway

We need a clear out and rebuild in the same way that we saw in summer 2018.

And if that means selling the likes of Butland and Yilmaz to generate some funds towards that, then so be it.

As you say, the manager simply cannot progress if he doesn’t move on that constant group of failures.
No player should be exempt from transfer if the fee involved suits us

Fucking hell mate, there's taking a draw badly then there's this nonsense

Here, it’s not what I want to happen I still have faith, but the drop off in form, comments and general body language (I know) after the game are concerning

It would have been good if someone from the fan media told him it was nowhere near good enough.
Really needs a bit more challenge in his press conferences from our fan media. Doesn't matter if it causes a bit of friction

e.g. "Why are you sticking with players who are under performing?"

You watch the press conferences of a lot of European clubs and its night and day. They aren't afraid to call out decisions

So publicly he’s backed team and privately he’s read them the riot act presumably we saying. As fans we also need to believe in the manager, he’s got this one completely wrong I’m afraid. His message should have been not good enough and we need to improve by winning next game not to insult our intelligence by claiming we were the better team and deserved the win. We deserved nothing from that performance.

This mental thread is good for one thing, the Ignore list

Starting 11 vs mentally challengeds, was a shambles. Where's Wright now? Legit haven't seen him since. Throws Dowell in against Ross County? Why? Guy has been out for what feels like 6 months and now your starting in him a must win game when he's clearly not match sharp? Persisting with Goldson, Silva and Lawrence who have been diabolical for weeks. Throws in Roofe to start at Dundee when he's not started a game since December.

Then you have our 'style of play'. Legit hoofball tactics. What was our plan last night? I counted at least a dozen aimless long balls up the park to no one in the first half last night and Goldson made sure it continued in the 2nd half.

Criticism of players is warranted but %^*& me, Clement has had a fucking nightmare the last few weeks.

He has been bequeathed a bunch of cowards. The same old faces. Leaders??????

What and have him call out his squad? Double down on what he said and cause friction between the fans and manager that isn't needed. They can sit and get tore into the player who is unfortunate enough to be wheeled out for duty
I'm not asking for players to be named but to tell us we were by far the better team and that he got a reaction is insulting our intelligence.

Back