The club doctor had to go into the crowd to help a fan after they collapsed

I went to buy water at half time and everything was sold out!!

I was given a plastic cup and told to use toilet/tap water.

Luckily I was the back row of the first tier and for the rest of the game was back and forward to the toilet and drank 5 pints of the stuff.

It was a shambles.
Sorry for replying to my own message.

Just an update on the effects of drinking 5 pints of Spanish tap water.

So far everything I’ve ate today is coming rushing back out.

Spanish bastards!

S45 by any chance? That was my route/section too, of the case, but with a longer wait to get in. Going through that then seeing our own being critical at the support being lathargic is sore to take.
This is driving me nuts today. We're all getting slated because we didn't sing as loud as we could or stay after full time etc.

It was 35 degrees and none of us had access to water or were under cover and protected from the sun. These arm chair fans wouldn't have survived yesterday. The stadium catering and entry process was shocking. Don't get me started on the phone chargers either. After all of that and supporting the team for 120 mins plus pens, you better believe I'm going to head off in search of water before a 4.5 hour drive back to Lisbon to catch a morning flight home.

Spanish bastards!
Now you've mentioned this, my stomach hasn't been quite right and have had an unusual amount of visits to the Gents... Hate that stadium, never want to go back.

They should probably be reported to UEFA for that - was pretty dangerous and a stupid thing to do.

Hearing horror stories at the hotel here this morning that should not go unanswered by the authorities at EUFA.

Depriving people of water in 40° heat in 2022 is entirely unacceptable. This act alone should demand very dire consequences for the organisers.

No it’s not the case.

I was in section S45 which was close to there section, all kiosks from S45 & round the Frankfurt end closed after 15-20 mins. 1 kiosk opened at HT in the Frankfurt end & it sold out of water within 5 mins.

Without sounding like a hypochondriac, I am shocked no 1 was seriously injured due to the lack of fluids on sale. It was down rite dangerous.

Getting any sort of information from the local police or stewards was as usual in these countries, an absolute disgrace.

I had to pick up an empty bottle & fill it with tap water around 50 mins as I physically couldn’t cope any longer without fluids.

For those giving the fans in the stadium pelters for the lack of atmosphere & what not. Think again, every bear I seen was helping each other with sharing water etc & this is totally commendable.

Even in the metro people were passing out bottles of water to each other including a couple of frankfurt fans. It was disgraceful yet I bet we will get the usual fine for blocking a passageway or delay with kick off

The scumbags on horseback had us penned in for an hour and a half in 40 degrees before the game and wouldn’t let us into the ground. We eventually slipped down a side street and came in a different way with ten minutes before kick off. Then to find there was absolutely nothing to drink. Getting to your seat was then another story trying to walk along a six inch ledge to your seat.

I was in stadium & sat in N-46.

The event/ game was policed very poorly from start to finish. Rangers fans acted brilliantly & were respectful to Frankfurt fans who were heavily outnumbered on the Tuesday & Wednesday in the City to the build up to the game. We actually had a a few beers with with & dicussed both teams & key battles Wednesday afternoon with a few.

Last night we arrived approximately 7 pm at the Stadiuim (2 hours before KO). Police had 3 barriers holding us back (3/4 thousand supporters @ a time) 15 mins @ the first, 10 minutes at the 2nd & again for 10 minutes at last before we eventually gained entry to the stadium coming up on 8 pm local time.

Police were acting aggressively & looked like they were keen for us to kick off. As mentioned above all Bears were great throughout the stand off’s.

As I entered the staduim I was frisked very aggressively with the police man actually jumping on my feet to check if I had bottles in my trainers which left dirty marks on my new white trainers much to my frustration.

As mentioned before they had no water left by the time we got into stadium. They were selling cans of beer or crisps. I don’t understand how they did not have the place kitted put in drinks/ refreshments. Easy money!

It was dangerous & supporters were frustrated. They started handing out plastic cups at a stage & supporters were drinking outta taps in the toilet. Shocking stuff but it had to be done.

Regard the Rangers Supporters I was proud to be in there last night & the team gave everything in really tough conditions. Supporters found it tough standing throughout never mind running & sprinting about like the team.

Rangers Forever!

Just to echo everyone else's sentiments.

Top five rows of the whole stadium and the best we got was a shared cup of water my Dad managed to get from a tap in the bogs. Absolutely disgraceful that this was their hospitality. That's only part of the story too.

They advertised four entry points at the stadium yet when we walked down the street we were directed towards entry point A, there was only one (B) and nowhere else to go. Huddled in a massive crowd it took about half an hour to get through the police horses and into the ridiculously corrupt security searches.

UEFA, Sevilla and the Spanish authorities should be ashamed of that last night. I would be affronted if it was Ibrox.

For those not there, moaning about the lack of support, I had no moisture in my mouth from before kick off. It was like being in a sauna for three hours with no water and in the most stressful circumstances supporting your team. I totally understand why you'd think the crowd were quiet but it was fucking murder.

Last edited:

Spanish bastards!
I didn’t drink as much of the tap water as you but haven’t been able to eat much since yesterday afternoon.

I have just managed a small slice of cold meat so far so good fingers crossed.

I’m not 100% sire myself to be honest mate. Here’s hoping for a good news update.
A guy actually took a turn near us in N36. It took forever for anybody to come over to him despite loads of folk trying to get the stewards attention. Eventually 5 policemen appeared, walked to where he was and then called for a steward. The steward then brought the guy a cup of water. Not a great response all round from the stadium staff to be honest.
That was me in N36 mate. Thankfully the bears round about were absolutely brilliant and reacted superbly to the situation.

Not surprised. I managed to get the last bottle of cola after queuing nearly an hour at the kiosk before the match.

I’m really suffering today with dehydration- felt rotten, fuzzy head, and pissing thimbles of dark brown pee, so can only imagine what folk that didn’t get anything to drink are feeling like!

I was thankful that I only had 3 pints worth all day long, and opted for water in a wee bar near the ground at about 6pm.

By the time the game kicked off, I was starting to suffer with dehydration, but I stayed to watch the players get their medals and them lift the trophy. On the way back to our apartment, there was nothing open and I had a major headache.

My piss looks like stewed tea today.

Thanks UEFA.

Some said the Frankfurt fans had access to water all night was that the case?
No. I was unfortunately in their end. Most kiosks closed from the outset and very little or no water. Nearly a mini riot at half time in the top tier with people screaming for water. Police shoving people away from the kiosk.

Back