Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
Watched the Club @ 22 podcast tonight and the panellist seemed to have genuinely missed the CeItic support.

I can't get my head around that.

I must be getting old, 2012 can do that to you.

I'm conflicted on this. Right now, in 2024, I'd rather not have them at Ibrox, or as few as possible anyway, even if it means the same for us at the Piggery. That said, for many years, decades in fact, I enjoyed the intensity and (let's be honest) hatred between the fans at Ibrox and rarely missed a game at their midden. Some of my greatest Rangers memories were over there; massively important wins, Ne'erday 1994 when we were 2-0 up inside 5 minutes and the mental 3-0 game on 02/05/99 being the best of the lot. Some of my worst memories too (4-2 in 1979 being one), but that's football and the lower the lows, the higher the highs. While I'd never set foot in the place again myself nowadays, I feel I'd be hypocritical, not to mention totally selfish, to kick up a stink about others having the opportunity to enjoy what I enjoyed for so long. Sometimes you need to compromise and if what was settled on today is the compromise, then so be it. And yes, easy for me to say when my ST seat isn't affected, but it's just my point of view

That said, if they start wrecking the place again then it needs to be reviewed. Not like we can reciprocate. Be impossible to do any damage to their shithole.

We all didn’t want this a few years ago.

And the fact the poll below is EXACTLY 50/50 right now, it tells you it isn’t the minority and infact the support is completely split on it
It would be interesting to see how many of the 50% in favour of this are in any way affected by the change. I’m guessing it will be a low number.
It’s easy to come out in support of this if it doesn’t actually change your personal circumstances.

I completely get this thread will not be popular, as probably most the people on here are the people who go to away games.

The decision to give Them 2500 is a huge decision, and primarily a decision to appease the minority of vocal and committed fans who go to away games, and want to go back to Celtic Park to support our team.

Firstly, I completely understand the argument for for those supporters.

I find strange:

1:Statements saying the league/sky were involved. Why? Tv deal is locked in for years

2: The club losing money to compensate season ticket holders for 2 games a season. How can a company with shareholders justify less revenue?

3: welcoming a team who don't recognize our club, the old firm, ran pedophile ring for 30 years with open arms, and still giving them prime tv seats

4: wanting to treat them any differently from other clubs in the league

It should be 800 fans, we all wanted this a few years ago, but because the most vocal want to go to parkhead, thousands of fans will now miss out supporting our team at Ibrox
First class post OP. Summed up exactly what I was feeling since I heard the news. Bravo sir.

I don’t think there’ll be a clear majority either way. If you balloted all season ticket holders I reckon it would be somewhere between 50/50 and 60/40 either way

My personal opinion is that I believe most people don’t really care as it doesn’t impact them. Either it doesn’t affect their seat at Ibrox or they don’t overly care about away games
Fair point. I also think a lot of the fans voting for an allocation cut in 2018 was due to the scum getting the full Broomloan, now they aren’t. Throw in the fact it was at a time we were finishing 3rd, being battered at every opportunity and had Jimmy Nicholl seeing out the season in charge IIRC. Times have changed.

It would be interesting to see how many of the 50% in favour of this are in any way affected by the change. I’m guessing it will be a low number.
It’s easy to come out in support of this if it doesn’t actually change your personal circumstances.
I keep seeing this argument. It doesn’t matter.

The fact of the matter is I have sympathy for the fans that do, but If you bought a season ticket in the broomloan, deep down you must have know this day was coming.

Personally, don’t be surprised if it’s back to normal within the next few years either.

I don't want to go back to parkhead. Never been back since 2012.

The games aren't anywhere near the same without away fans and tbh they seem to have little trouble winning at Ibrox with no fans whereas we struggle at parkhead this way. So it helps us on the park imo.
I imagine having better players matters more than having fans.

Watched the Club @ 22 podcast tonight and the panellist seemed to have genuinely missed the CeItic support.

I can't get my head around that.

I must be getting old, 2012 can do that to you.
Nobody missed the Celtic support, what we do miss is being able to go to parkhead and create an atmosphere to drive the team on. What we do miss is celebrating a goal at the piggery with. Massive away support, what we do miss is winning there with thousands in attendance.

But what I will say is like it or not, away fans make these game a better spectacle. Especially for a neutral.

Is there no way to put them in the club deck/main stand/West enclosure corner, or does it need to be the usual Euro allocation? Would rather those cünts were not so prominent on TV.

I'm conflicted on this. Right now, in 2024, I'd rather not have them at Ibrox, or as few as possible anyway, even if it means the same for us at the Piggery. That said, for many years, decades in fact, I enjoyed the intensity and (let's be honest) hatred between the fans at Ibrox and rarely missed a game at their midden. Some of my greatest Rangers memories were over there; massively important wins, Ne'erday 1994 when we were 2-0 up inside 5 minutes and the mental 3-0 game on 02/05/99 being the best of the lot. Some of my worst memories too (4-2 in 1979 being one), but that's football and the lower the lows, the higher the highs. While I'd never set foot in the place again myself nowadays, I feel I'd be hypocritical, not to mention totally selfish, to kick up a stink about others having the opportunity to enjoy what I enjoyed for so long. Sometimes you need to compromise and if what was settled on today is the compromise, then so be it. And yes, easy for me to say when my ST seat isn't affected, but it's just my point of view

That said, if they start wrecking the place again then it needs to be reviewed. Not like we can reciprocate. Be impossible to do any damage to their shithole.
There you have it in a nutshell. There’s fans in our support who’ve been to Parkhead, had great days out with their pals and seen some memorable wins, that are now questioning why others would want to do the same thing

Your post is balanced so not meaning you but more generally speaking. I think it’s a tad hypocritical that people who’ve experienced Parkhead are now wanting to deprive younger fans of that same experience

After they screw us over and don't give us 5% in the first game next season we must do the same and go even lower.They don't abide by the rules ,why should we?

They want to full broomloan then it’s only fair we get the full Rangers end at Parkhead like before they tarted up their cesspit.

I fully expect the board to capitulate to giving them the full broomie in the next couple of seasons and our support is still stuck in the restricted view corner.

I can see this only lasting for one season then back too 800 again.

Gonna be angry fans missing out OF games at Ibrox. Fans who think this is a good thing raging cos they don’t get a ticket for the piggery. Possible trouble in our family stand as the rats have previously bottled two young bears.

It will dawn on the board as well that the lost revenue & extra cost for the two games isn’t worth it.

I keep seeing this argument. It doesn’t matter.

The fact of the matter is I have sympathy for the fans that do, but If you bought a season ticket in the broomloan, deep down you must have know this day was coming.

Personally, don’t be surprised if it’s back to normal within the next few years either.
It appears that we don’t matter.

Deep down you must have known this day was coming? Utter nonsense! I thought the club would maybe have shown a bit of loyalty to those that stuck by them through the years - including the covid season where we paid full price to not even see a single game. That loyalty has been rewarded by giving priority to people that hate our very existence.

Not really, of all the fans I’ve spoken to, in real life, none want the allocation increased. I understand the selfish reasons for wanting it but it was only an observation, as this place seems rife with filth at times.
Well from my experience of fans in real life I’d say the opposite!

I think the poll is probably fairly reflective but to say it’s down to lurkers is wrong.

See the wrecking the place comment, both clubs have an agreement any damages is paid for by the club.

Let’s be honest our support are anything but angels I’ve witnessed it on more than one occasion our support absolutely destroying the toilets there, easily thousands worth of damage. So we really can’t get all high and mighty on it.

I completely get this thread will not be popular, as probably most the people on here are the people who go to away games.

The decision to give Them 2500 is a huge decision, and primarily a decision to appease the minority of vocal and committed fans who go to away games, and want to go back to Celtic Park to support our team.

Firstly, I completely understand the argument for for those supporters.

I find strange:

1:Statements saying the league/sky were involved. Why? Tv deal is locked in for years

2: The club losing money to compensate season ticket holders for 2 games a season. How can a company with shareholders justify less revenue?

3: welcoming a team who don't recognize our club, the old firm, ran pedophile ring for 30 years with open arms, and still giving them prime tv seats

4: wanting to treat them any differently from other clubs in the league

It should be 800 fans, we all wanted this a few years ago, but because the most vocal want to go to parkhead, thousands of fans will now miss out supporting our team at Ibrox
Who says it's the minority? I've said it before but FF isn't the voice of Rangers fans, it's the voice of the posters on FF.

Bullshit.

Rangers fans saying they "can't wait" to go to the scumhut. Makes you fucking sick. And before you start, yes, I do go to away games.

Go onto any football clubs fans forum and the vast majority of them who go to away games would all look forward to going away to there rivals. It’s kind of weird not wanting to go to that game tbh.

They will continue to traet our fans like scum when we go there - we will roll out the red carpet - its sickening - There should have been lots of issues to be dealt with before agreeing to ANYTHING with these scumbags - eg not hiding our fans away out of sight of TV and in restricted view etc

Not just fans, but players too.

Away players at their park have to walk past the usual scum, racism and bigotry.

Their players get to step off the bus and practically get rose petals thrown on the ground for them to step into Ibrox.

(I know I am slightly off topic, but it is something that should be addressed. Although it should be acknowledged that they treat their own players, like Abada, with the same racism and bigotry and hate)

Even if it was the poll below actually has just over 50% wanting this…
I'm probably the only one of my pals on here and I mention things that have this place in a frenzy but they haven't a clue what I'm talking about, Jim White being one example

Just out of interest - where’s your ST for?
Copland rear. Before you say it, I won’t be affected and nor should I be. Anyone that bought a season ticket in the broomloan will always have known this day could have came though. Sympathy with them, but they bought a ticket in an end traditionally given to our rivals for over a hundred years.

I think this is a classic case of Rangers being up against a rock and a hard place. The support is split on what we want and the board can’t keep everyone happy. I don’t think we had much of a choice. If the league say 5% allocations as a minimum (and they stick to it) then it is what it is. To say the board went out and deliberately shafted Rangers fans is utter nonsense. For a start, our support is very evenly split on this. It’s just wrong to say it’s a vast majority who feel this way.

The scum have got their cake and gotten to eat it as well.

Yet again a higher % of tickets for Ibrox than we get at Parkhead. They must be absolutely pishing themselves at how easy it was and how easy it was to even get some of our own support on their side and repeating their sound bites.

The club have completely capitulated and they will again when they hand over a whole stand to them in the future.

The whole thing is a disgrace.

Rangers season ticket holders kicked out for the scum. The scum dictating the new arrangements and getting away with giving us a smaller proportion of restricted view tickets. An absolute joke.

%^*& you Bisgrove

Back