The cost of corruption - 12 point swing per season minimum

defender

Taking off the blue tinted specs, I'd say the axis of corruption (bheast fc, the media and the SFA/officials) are costing us 6 points and gaining them the same AT THE VERY LEAST every season. It is very difficult to prove or quantify and they know it, would we have beat Aberdeen in the August game and built momentum ? Would they have got the late winner at Kilmarnock ?

The cost in financial terms is the difference between Champions League revenue or the Thursday cup, putting us even further back. As many recent posts have stated, we need to fight back hard now as even if we weren't throwing points away, they will be making damn sure Rangers are not winning anything.

I wish people would fu,ck off with this stock response to us being cheated out of points

We are getting a hard time but we’re hardly getting cheated out of points. We’re not winning the league with what we currently have. It’s easier to finger point elsewhere but we are not winning the league purely down to us not being able to deal with the muck teams in this league.

Mentalism.

Reading from a loser's script.

Victim mentality.

All traditionally Timmy-esque traits now being peddled by far too many Bears, on account of our inability to put piss poor teams like St Jonhstone to the sword.

Reign it in, it's fu*king embarrassing.

It's getting too obvious and too regular now, I used to question myself and think it paranoia, Browns lunge v McGregors high foot is just beyond goading now

Taking off the blue tinted specs, I'd say the axis of corruption (bheast fc, the media and the SFA/officials) are costing us 6 points and gaining them the same AT THE VERY LEAST every season. It is very difficult to prove or quantify and they know it, would we have beat Aberdeen in the August game and built momentum ? Would they have got the late winner at Kilmarnock ?

The cost in financial terms is the difference between Champions League revenue or the Thursday cup, putting us even further back. As many recent posts have stated, we need to fight back hard now as even if we weren't throwing points away, they will be making damn sure Rangers are not winning anything.
These things are difficult to quantify.
I remember in McCoist's season in the top division that Lennon was going to chuck it after a disastrous first half at Rugby Park when they fell behind to three Kilmarnock goals, and should have had their Israeli midfield player sent off.
The referee allowed him to stay on the field until half time and he was duly subbed.
They recovered to a 3-3 draw and Lennon changed his mind.

At that stage, we were ahead in the league and Aluko and Naismith were both playing well.
I am sure around this time, both players would be suspended after the interference of the Compliance Officer.

Later at New Year in the game against them we also scored a good goal which was scooped from behind the line back into play by their goalkeeper and no goal was given.

These were all major turning points in that part of the campaign which saw the momentum turned from us to them and they, of course, went on to win the league as our entire season fell apart with that cvunt Craig Whyte.

My memory may be playing tricks on me, but that is how I remember things.

We are getting a hard time but we’re hardly getting cheated out of points. We’re not winning the league with what we currently have. It’s easier to finger point elsewhere but we are not winning the league purely down to us not being able to deal with the muck teams in this league.
We are doing a fine job in messing things up but anytime we apply pressure the coincidental interventions ramp up, I'm seeing too much coincidence, even Robertson has come out and called it

You’ve not taken them off though. You’ve kept them on and spouted embarrassing rubbish about how we’re always cheated.

It’s genuinely semi colon territory.

I don't subscribe to the point of view that there is an outright conspiracy.

However, if we do our job right, win the games that have been absolutely in our hands to win, we would most likely win the league. THEN if we get tore in about the decisions we're doing it from a position of strength. Whinging about it just now just stinks of victim mentality.

This is as important to resolve as the transfer business we have to do in the summer, if not even more so

I don't subscribe to the point of view that there is an outright conspiracy.

However, if we do our job right, win the games that have been absolutely in our hands to win, we would most likely win the league. THEN if we get tore in about the decisions we're doing it from a position of strength. Whinging about it just now just stinks of victim mentality.

I don't think we will be winning the league until we learn to fight off the park otherwise I'd agree with you mate

Embarrassing post ,cringing .

I remember in McCoist's season in the top division that Lennon was going to chuck it after a disastrous first half at Rugby Park when they fell behind to three Kilmarnock goals, and should have had their Israeli midfield player sent off.
The referee allowed him to stay on the field until half time and he was duly subbed.
Wait. You know Lennon decided he was stepping nh down during the first half of a game but then during the second half changed his mind? :D May I be so brave as to ask how you know this incredibly detailed info and timeline ? You just sound a bit...you know...,

Talk to supporters of every club and they will tell you about all of the points they have lost due to terrible decisions against them. Either for their opposition or stuff they should have got.

A lot will even tell you they get absolutely nothing against Rangers and Rangers get every decision going. They will believe it when they are saying it.

It saddens me that Bears have just accepted the refs handing them titles. Imagine Broon being sent off for blowing a kiss to an opposing player ? The ref involved, just like all the rest before who have offended the Peasants, would be gone by now. There would also be uproar if their two best players were simultaneously banned at a critical time of the season due to trial by television. We've been done over so many times that we just accept it as normal.

We have been on the wrong end of bad decisions and they have got away with some like brown staying on the pitch against Killie when he should have been off but if we haven't been chucking points away to the likes of St johnstone and Dundee these things wouldn't matter.

I can see yer point OP, there's no getting away from us being in double figures with this Compliance arsehole of a system, the last couple of years, and the Tims on zilch. The facts are there and we've seen the tackles and the number of fouls Celtic get away with, with us and others jumped on.

However, we have been dire too often this season and have not won at least half-a-dozen games we should have. So there's the 12 points lost but from our own faults. We have yet another manager and need to give him a chance to get the squad built.

Most never expected to win the league this time around but we are close and it's hard to take dropping behind...but we need to stick in and the Club need to ensure the disciplinary system is overhauled too.

I can see yer point OP, there's no getting away from us being in double figures with this Compliance arsehole of a system, the last couple of years, and the Tims on zilch. The facts are there and we've seen the tackles and the number of fouls Celtic get away with, with us and others jumped on.

However, we have been dire too often this season and have not won at least half-a-dozen games we should have. So there's the 12 points lost but from our own faults. We have yet another manager and need to give him a chance to get the squad built.

Most never expected to win the league this time around but we are close and it's hard to take dropping behind...but we need to stick in and the Club need to ensure the disciplinary system is overhauled too.
I stated in the OP that we are throwing points away (many have missed this I think), off field intervention seems to have ramped up since Gerrard signed and after the December game it seems to have gone up another gear

Not sure mate, you tell me. :D I generally avoid what lies and bile the wee wank says. But if it corroborates what you posted then please accept my apologies.
Well if you avoid what Lennon says, then perhaps you should be a little more reticent when others remark upon such.

Well if you avoid what Lennon says, then perhaps you should be a little more reticent when others remark upon such.
If you explicitly said it was what he said then I'd surely have been more reticent. Must cite sources I suppose. I'll take your failure to do so onboard and make sure I don't repeat it. And endeavor to believe Lennon's version of events as much as you clearly do. ;)

Mentalism.

Victim mentality.

All traditionally Timmy-esque traits now being peddled by far too many Bears, on account of our inability to put piss poor teams like St Jonhstone to the sword.

Rangers fans ignoring being cheated and treated differently by the CO is more embarassing to me.

I wish some fans would understand that saying that we have been poor and also saying that we have been cost points because of refereeing are not mutually exclusive.

At that stage, we were ahead in the league and Aluko and Naismith were both playing well.
I am sure around this time, both players would be suspended after the interference of the Compliance Officer.

Later at New Year in the game against them we also scored a good goal which was scooped from behind the line back into play by their goalkeeper and no goal was given.

These were all major turning points in that part of the campaign which saw the momentum turned from us to them and they, of course, went on to win the league as our entire season fell apart with that cvunt Craig Whyte.

You’re spot on in every detail.

We have been on the wrong end of bad decisions and they have got away with some like brown staying on the pitch against Killie when he should have been off but if we haven't been chucking points away to the likes of St johnstone and Dundee these things wouldn't matter.
They would matter mate. Our points totals would be better but it would still have disadvantaged us and would definitely still matter.

I wouldn’t like to be a new generation Rangers supporter it is hard going. We are behind because we aren’t as good as the team at the top, it’s nothing to do with decisions. They piled forward on Sunday throwing everything at the game, we were an Aberdeen, Hearts feeling sorry for ourselves think oh well 0-0 is better than losing.

We don’t have a winning mentality, we have no depth and we have a support that thinks we should win every game. Yes , every game . If we were playing Bayern tonight a good percentage of the support would be howling at the players if they misplaced a pass.

Its true we need better players and we need much better tactics then the 1 man left isolated in the middle v packed defence.... but its hard to understand why people get so para and crack up at the truth about some of the referees and their behaviour.

When you see McLean putting on his wee performance for the media at Ibrox and then its over to Madden giving the tims the vital decisions and still saying sorry to them at ft.... you just think what is the point ?

This idea that better players puts an end to any ref issues is fkin dumb. If anything it will get worse.

(gonna no tell us aboot timothy)

If you explicitly said it was what he said then I'd surely have been more reticent. Must cite sources I suppose. I'll take your failure to do so onboard and make sure I don't repeat it. And endeavor to believe Lennon's version of events as much as you clearly do. ;)
I don't know what you are on about.
It was reported quite widely at the time.
It isn't a fckn state secret and is probably common knowledge to most on here already.
Why would he lie about it, he isn't exactly repeating something that gives him an advantage or enables him to evade a contentious issue.
Oh, and endeavour has a 'u' in it. ;)

People who thinks this ‘just makes us like the tims’ need to wake the %^*& up.

It’s happening right in front of your eyes!

I don’t doubt we are not good enough and would almost certainty shit the bed if the opportunity presented itself anyway but this naked corruption goes way beyond this season.

I wouldn’t like to be a new generation Rangers supporter it is hard going. We are behind because we aren’t as good as the team at the top, it’s nothing to do with decisions. They piled forward on Sunday throwing everything at the game, we were an Aberdeen, Hearts feeling sorry for ourselves think oh well 0-0 is better than losing.

We don’t have a winning mentality, we have no depth and we have a support that thinks we should win every game. Yes , every game . If we were playing Bayern tonight a good percentage of the support would be howling at the players if they misplaced a pass.

You make some fair points there but its important to add they had a friendly ref and we had 1 that was fired up to cause us problems.

Didn't we sign Aluko later that season? Possibly after Naismith got injured?

Your point I do agree with.

The major point of that day for me when Celtic scraped an unlikely 3-3 draw at Kilmarnock was we were winning 1-0 against St. Mirren at Ibrox. Into stoppage time and we had a corner at the Rangers End. Amongst our players involved trying to waste time with a short corner was Kirk Broadfoot who currently seems to think he is another Sergio Ramos.

St. Mirren gained possession and with Sergio Ramos out of position, they ran up the park and equalised. Net result on the day was no change in the points difference between us and Celtic instead of a minimum of two points gain for us.

That day rammed another lesson home to me that we have to do it on the park. Always and during every game. No matter how much Celtic and their acolytes try to manipulate events both on and off the park, we have to be better by an order of magnitude. We can argue it is not a level playing field. It isn’t and this is why our players need to understand what we are up against. Off the park “business men” such as Whyte, the Easdaled, Somers, Ashley etc. must never be associated with Rangers again.

We have seen recent signs that the Board are calling out some of the haters. We now need the players and management to show we are much better than the rest on the park. Whether that will be this season, I suspect not particularly after Saturday’s fiasco. However that does not excuse us from going all out for the rest of the season and especially next year.

I fail to see how our poor form has anything to do with us getting 9 citations to Celtic's 0.
I think the foul count to red and yellows is enough on its own to prove the game is a bogey.
It proves that The Filth are being refereed differently.
This isn't paranoia this is hard facts backed by irrefutable evidence.

If you want to understand just how glaring this evidence is, look how often such an interesting item of controversial material has been published in our sports pages...given the recent public debate surrounding such issues?
It is up there with Jock Stein kicking Torbett out of The Jimmy Savile Arena.

Often you get to understand what is going on in Scotland by what isn't reported or discussed.
What is that thing about finding out who is running things or who rules over you?

Mentalism.

Victim mentality.

giphy.gif

""When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the aeroplane takes off against the wind, not with it."

Lets get our own house in order and start rising up to the challenges. Then maybe we can start celebrating 55.

Its not up to the media or referees to bury our chances its on us, aye the refs are shite and make shocking calls all the time but like a said its upto us to stick the ball in the net so the poor decisions become irrelevent.

We are simply not consistent nor good enough.

Any time there are dropped points people come up with an excuse or try to lower standards and expectations.

Back