The cost of football

If you doing a report on the cost of football at least try and get it right

Rangers dearest ST is around £900? for MLF section that includes all games

A standard ST the dearest price is over £700-£750 for just League games for certain section of the ground

Even the report says Celtic's dearest is £607 yet in the list it is £542

I’d love for a good journalist to do an article on how much a season ticket would cost you the day before the season started. Always find these things a bit pointless if certain levels (usually the cheapest) are sold out or low numbers.

Next few weeks one where the headline is how cheap it is at Barca or Dortmund for their cheapest one but it won’t say how many there are or the criteria needed to buy one.

I’d love for a good journalist to do an article on how much a season ticket would cost you the day before the season started. Always find these things a bit pointless if certain levels (usually the cheapest) are sold out or low numbers.

Next few weeks one where the headline is how cheap it is at Barca or Dortmund for their cheapest one but it won’t say how many there are or the criteria needed to buy one.

Yeah you keep hearing how expensive it is here compared to Europe, but I've found it the opposite.

Wow, some of that data is laughable.

I’m £730-ish for my ST in GR3 and I’m sure there are a few areas which are more expensive than that, I would imagine it’s similar at the Piggery also.

Imagine drafting that and seeing that you have Aberdeen having a more expensive top ST than Rangers and thinking “yeah, seems reasonable, get it printed”.

If you doing a report on the cost of football at least try and get it right

Rangers dearest ST is around £900? for MLF section that includes all games

A standard ST the dearest price is over £700-£750 for just League games for certain section of the ground

Even the report says Celtic's dearest is £607 yet in the list it is £542
That includes a strip

That includes a strip
Yeah just read it again :oops:

In truth the article isn't that great

Just looked up Celtic's website

Secure your place for the 2022/23 season now with Adult Season Tickets priced from £542.

so the price starts from that not the highest which the article states

Rangers - £391 that is correct small area of CD7 but £517 is the cheapest elsewhere in the ground which the article states is the highest

Last edited:
Think people expect Germany to be pennies for tickets everywhere in the ground which obviously isn’t the case. The ‘German model’ is often quoted but it’s just become a cliche.
I knock my phone off now when the Uli Hoeness one pops up. Propaganda at its worst!

Back