The Cost of Seville in £’s

cairngorm

No idea what the average fan spent on the trip. I know that the potential cost to me going late in the day was north of £3k, one of the reasons I didn’t go

I’d imagine that even many fans getting tickets at face value we’re still out £1k for flights? Maybe some got for less??

So at average cost was £1k per person (low in my opinion) x 100,000 fans

= £100m

Fûckin hell

Edit; feel the need to point out that I posted this because I think it’s a phenomenal effort by our fans, incredible support

Last edited:
The money that even just goes ploughed into the host city is mind boggling. My friend has a bar in Malaga and he made three weeks money in 4 days from "guys who Scottish accents"

Last edited:
I’m not even going to attempt to count it. However, I’m still buzzing from the experience. As disappointed as I am about Weds night, yesterday certainly eased the pain. What a week

about £2k all in a think. Dont really want to even think about it right now

Around £600 for flights, another £500 for accomodstion/transfers plus whatever I actually spent.

Probably somewhere between £1500 - £2000, but considering we had 4 nights in Spain plus a day in London,probably not too bad when you think what people were paying for just a day trip.

Flights and accomodation was about £200, maybe spent the same again over there on various, ticket was £120 odd. One of the cheaper trips this season for me luckily enough as the bank balance has taken a pounding this year!

Booked it well before the final, so digs/flights/busses/trains cost about £200 all in, then a few hundred spending money.

I've still not plucked up the courage to check my bank account yet. Travel and hotels alone over a grand.

Local hotels, restaurants, bars, travel companies etc will have made an absolute fortune.

I was in Seville start of May as well with the missus so put even more into their local economy.

It seems unbelievable to think of but when I was there at the start of the month they have a yearly festival called Feria De Abril and it was even harder to get a taxi, or get a table at a bar or restaurant than it was last week due to the volume of people that come from all over Spain into Seville for it. Talking five million folk go to the festival grounds across the week its on.

A lot of places will have done a year's worth of takings in May alone and probably very glad of a break now.

Definitely for me it was way more than 1k, despite having a face value ticket.

7 days of constant bevvying and eating out in Albufeira was at least a grand…plus flights, accommodation and bus to / from Seville… I reckon I am at least £1500 all in but was worth every penny!

The money that even just goes ploughed into the host city is mind boggling. My friend has a bar in Malaga and he made three weeks money in 4 days from "guys who Scottish accents"

Is a weeks money in 4 days all that great? It’s only 3 days early.

As for me, I reckon I’m around £1800 all in for Tuesday - Saturday trip.

About 2k for me,missus and my 14 year old,spending money was included in that

I thought we did ok and that was from monday to friday flights,digs and spends

Don’t think I was too bad on the basis I did the day trip:
£28 taxi to airport
£735.50 return flights and match ticket
£3 bottle of juice and chocolate at airport
£25 tapas lunch and couple of beers in Seville
£10 water and hot dog at the match
£2 bottle of water after the match.

£807.50 all in

Hopefully not a trip of a lifetime, total cost for my son and myself close to £2k. Well worth it, shame about the result and the stadium water fiasco. But would do it all again.

1100 quid for 2 of us, 8 days all inclusive in Torimolinos including direct flights from East Midlands to Malaga. Got exceptionally lucky with a free each way lift to and from Seville with a brilliant family of bears who had hired a minibus.

Last edited:
Around 2k and that's with my mates letting me stay at their AirBnb on Wednesday night for free. Left home early on Wednesday morning and got home at 8pm Thursday night.

Absolutely worth it though

Trip cost me about 800 quid. Spending money for 3 days prob 800 quid.

Ticket was £80 quid. £1,700 quid all in

About £1300 all in. Sun-Thu for three (two at the match). Staying near Alicante and travelling down on Wednesday.

No saying in case the wife stumbles on this post, but it was a fair few quid for me and my son, but well worth it.

I booked after Dortmund:
£50 flight including extra legroom (one way)
£170 accommodation, 2 nights Malaga and 2 nights Seville
£100 for ticket
£420 in spending money for Monday to Friday
£70 on trains
=£810

Had £120 on us to qualify for final which gave me a profit of £500 roughly.

Net spend was therefore around the £300 mark.

Now south of Malaga for 3 weeks with the family hence why only needing the one way flight. Other than the result (which was everything) was a great trip.

Been an expensive month. Around £700 for Leipzig away then at least £1300 for Seville .

£28 taxi to airport

£807.50 all in
You must have been in a different part of the ground from us as I never saw a kiosk open and I was in 90 min before kick off

£28 taxi to airport

£807.50 all in
Can you give us more detail?

Back