The Cumbrian Derby Tonight

To be fair, from where I am in Carlisle it's quicker for me to get to Glasgow than it is Barrow. Barrow is a bastard of a place to travel to, just a big cul-de-sac :D
2 1/2 hours direct train ain't it, one place I have never been.

For some weird reason I've always wanted to go to a Carlisle game. How easy is it or best way to get to the ground from the train station?

For some weird reason I've always wanted to go to a Carlisle game. How easy is it or best way to get to the ground from the train station?
Walk is about 1.5 miles in a virtual straight line from the station.

I usually get down a couple of times a season to see them. Scran is really good and get a pint at half time.

Great to see them doing really well this season

To be fair, from where I am in Carlisle it's quicker for me to get to Glasgow than it is Barrow. Barrow is a bastard of a place to travel to, just a big cul-de-sac :D
Yes you come off the motorway at the Barrow sign thinking ah not far now, then you're another 50 minutes to the cul-de-sac.

15 min walk max, pass plenty of pubs to start with.
It might have been 15 minutes when I first went in 1981 but it takes me a lot longer now :D . I haven't been for a while with Accy getting promoted though.

I went to a friendly at Barrow once with Accy and after travelling for 2 hours I was still only about 30 miles from home. Unfortunately it was across the Solway :D

It might have been 15 minutes when I first went in 1981 but it takes me a lot longer now :D . I haven't been for a while with Accy getting promoted though.

I went to a friendly at Barrow once with Accy and after travelling for 2 hours I was still only about 30 miles from home. Unfortunately it was across the Solway :D
lol, I think I will actually time how quick I can do it when out walking this next week.

It probably helps that over 100,000 people live in Carlisle and half a million live in Cumbria.
Must be about 80000 in Paisley and 170000 in Renfrewshire area but how many do St. Mirren get - £5 k on a good day?

Ha ha

Good to hear a few old ditty’s from the 80’s still getting an airing

I used to stand in the Warwick good memories
Missed the first goal as I went to get a few pints, ha they only had bloody Fosters left. Considered taking them up to the terrace as a few seemed to be already be doing so, kids running all over the place and stewards appeared to have their hands full!

Missed the first goal as I went to get a few pints, ha they only had bloody Fosters left. Considered taking them up to the terrace as a few seemed to be already be doing so, kids running all over the place and stewards appeared to have their hands full!
Ha ha if Fosters wasn’t bad enough but kids nashing about aswell

it’s good to see the youth coming back was always the same back in the day for the bigger games, maybe a new breed of BCY!

Ive been twice this season i go in B Stand with the olds, might go Saturday they’ll be a buzz about the old place.

I remember the liverpool game in 89 was 17’000 crammed in that day like sardine’s

Seen Halpin break his leg twice B-)

Must be about 80000 in Paisley and 170000 in Renfrewshire area but how many do St. Mirren get - £5 k on a good day?
Carlisle are not 5 miles away from the most successful team in the world and 10 miles from the biggest tramps in world football.

Scottish football has many faults, the percentage of folk that attend versus the population is one of, if not the, best in the world.

They've got the small matter of competing with the Old Firm who play about 15 minutes away.
Plenty of people travel by train from Carlisle to see big clubs too such as Newcastle, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Everton and Accy Stanley :))

Also Carlisle play in the 4th tier of English football so 9000 is a decent crowd at that level

Back