The Cup Final must see a radical change in how we play that lot

He’s played them three times now and it’s not worked. Plenty of time to get first hand experience of how they play against us and how his set up doesn’t work.

Not sure if there’s any hope in him changing it up for his next OF game. If he doesn’t it’s seriously worrying.

Wouldn’t worry about seeing 2 strikers, we basically needed 2 goals to save the league today and Clement wouldn’t even chuck on Roofe in addition to Dessers with 10 minutes left.
I would have kept Dessers on, very concerned about Clement tactical brain

How about playing a RB in Sterling that won't be fazed by Maeda, a CM that isn't towing a caravan ie Raskin for Lundstram,a proper full press which puts them under pressure (especially Scales) and attack them instead of regularly playing the ball backwards. Just a thought.

This tentative and worried outlook must end.

I don't even care if we play 2 strikers and launch high ball after high ball into their penalty area.

Our entire system must end today.

This nonsense cannot continue.
Im afraid not mate,were getting more of the same.

We all know it will be the same shit football of booting it up the pitch and hoping, the same shit line up that everyone but Clement can see is shit and the same result.

He hasn't learnt anything by now, why would he learn it for two weeks time?

The guy is another diddy.

Given the personnel at his disposal and injuries he has to try and change the system at least.
Getting fed up of their midfielders seemingly waved through unchallenged to the penalty box.

I highly doubt it will.

I’m admittedly very negative right now, but I’m predicting that even though Lundstram will now miss the next game or two, firstly Raskin will partner Diomande in the centre for those matches not Sterling, and secondly, that Lundstram will be back for the cup final.

And I’ll chuck in another prediction for bad measure: If the manager isn’t prepared to learn from his mistakes and look at different approaches to winning games of football then we’ll be looking for another replacement this autumn once again.

hes totally underestimated scottish football and been found out. He just doesnt get this club. his records no better than Beales.

Agree to an extent…

Does Clement view the Tims as just another team in the league? Yes!

Does he hate them and treat with the contempt they deserve? Absolutely not!

IMO the Scottish Final will say a lot about PC and if he has what it takes to make it next season.

Celtic have 2 very poor fullbacks, yet we don't lay a glove on them, very rarely target them and put them under pressure.

Agree totally with OP, but we are all in for a massive disappointment when cup final line up is announced - it will be more of the same.

Lundstram will play, the shape will stay the same unfortunately.

You only need to listen to manager’s post match interview to know that.

Aye will be the same tired line up with the same "tactics".

Anyone that thinks anything will change is delusional.
We've got players that are terrified of them and we have yet another manager that can't work them out and persists on setting up wrong and selecting the wrong lineups.

Anyone that thinks anything will change is delusional.
We've got players that are terrified of them and we have yet another manager that can't work them out and persists on setting up wrong and selecting the wrong lineups.
Unfortunately every single bit of this is correct.

The game is in 2 weeks, I’d wager on the injury front very little is going to change between now and then.

Fully expecting a similar build up to today and to be completely deflated reading the line up on the way to Hampden with the usual suspects primed to stink the place out once again. Lundstram front and centre.

Nothing much will change, sadly.
I just hope that the Manager can see that and makes the adjustments, just feels we've been sleepwalking for several years now :-/

Wouldn’t worry about seeing 2 strikers, we basically needed 2 goals to save the league today and Clement wouldn’t even chuck on Roofe in addition to Dessers with 10 minutes left.
Jeez, we had 10 men.. there were plenty attacking players on the pitch

The only crazy thing was not getting cantwell on

They must love playing us. Some simple pass and move cuts us open as per 1st goal cause multiple players didn’t track a runner. Then there is the inevitable gift as per the og or a Killie last week. Then a further brain fart with the red card. I have never seen a team so incapable of an OF performance quite like this seasons.

It’s a big game coming up for the Manager.

If he goes again with a midfield that is going to be overpowered then questions will be inevitably asked. Lundstram should have played his last game for us today but it will be no surprise if he is picked to start the final, which will be a disgrace.

Clement has to mix things up and if he doesn’t he will be under pressure from the start of next season.

Nope, we are getting pumped in the final.
Prepare yourselves.
There is no fkn way we are beating them because we have no fkn clue about how to go about it.
Clement is tactilly fkn hopless .
There I said it.

We're terrible in possession against them but even worse when out of possession. The amount of space the yahoos were able to find in and around our box was shocking. No one tracking runs, constantly ball watching, Scales being allowed to stride 50 yards right through the middle unchallenged....I could go on and on.

Maybe Rodgers will say they are going to have a “lot of fun” and that will really get our back up. I suppose that would be somewhat of a change.

He must be sitting in his recliner wondering why we keep giving him two goal leads and doing the same s**t time after time. I know I am.

let's be honest here, we will probably need to score 2 or 3 just to take it to penalties, I have zero confidence in our backline not giving up cheap goals

Back