The Decade at an end

Coatbridge Chancellor

Saw this in a similar form on twitter and thought it appropriate.
The fallout from Sunday, good or bad, will dominate the last few days of the year so it is worth taking a moment to reflect.

The 2010's will go down as one of the moat turbulent, traumatic, controversial and eventful decades of our wonderful clubs existence.
From beginning with three in a row while skint, the 7 old firm games season including referee strikes and the retiral of a true legend in Walter Smith. To the catastrophic events of 2012 and a near endless parade of shysters, crooks, conmen and charlatans in charge of a shambles of a football club.
The journey, from Brechin to St Mirren, with a collection of players never to be forgotten (or in some cases remembered) and some joyous days in amongst the pain.
Great times as the obsessive unwashed took their fascination with 'Sevco' and Tax, Admin 2 and EBTs to hilarious lengths, and bad times as our incompetence and their ill gotten riches propelled them to undeserved domination.
Our return to the top division, more managers in a decade than in the previous 4, the tragic loss of Sandy Jardine, Fernando, Peralta and many others.
And the return of the King and the Scouse revolution that has seen us knocking on the door to return to where we belong.

So win lose or draw on Sunday, take a moment on Hogmany to remember what we have gone through together these past 10 years. The result is not the end of the world, not when we very nearly lost our club.

WATP, No Surrender. God bless the Glasgow Rangers.

55 is going to kill most mature mentally challengeds, I actually fear most for their wives and kids who will undoubtedly have to endure the aftermath.

The fallout from Sunday, good or bad, will dominate the last few days of the year so it is worth taking a moment to reflect.

The 2010's will go down as one of the moat turbulent, traumatic, controversial and eventful decades of our wonderful clubs existence.
From beginning with three in a row while skint, the 7 old firm games season including referee strikes and the retiral of a true legend in Walter Smith. To the catastrophic events of 2012 and a near endless parade of shysters, crooks, conmen and charlatans in charge of a shambles of a football club.
The journey, from Brechin to St Mirren, with a collection of players never to be forgotten (or in some cases remembered) and some joyous days in amongst the pain.
Great times as the obsessive unwashed took their fascination with 'Sevco' and Tax, Admin 2 and EBTs to hilarious lengths, and bad times as our incompetence and their ill gotten riches propelled them to undeserved domination.
Our return to the top division, more managers in a decade than in the previous 4, the tragic loss of Sandy Jardine, Fernando, Peralta and many others.
And the return of the King and the Scouse revolution that has seen us knocking on the door to return to where we belong.

So win lose or draw on Sunday, take a moment on Hogmany to remember what we have gone through together these past 10 years. The result is not the end of the world, not when we very nearly lost our club.

100 percent ill gotten gains.

Worst decade in our history bar none.

A generation of fans who’ve never seen us win a major trophy whilst their Tim counterparts have never seen them lose.

Here’s hoping that the 2020s see a return of the Ibrox roar!!

The roaring 20s!!
You'll always hear us roaring

Worst decade in our history bar none.

A generation of fans who’ve never seen us win a major trophy whilst their Tim counterparts have never seen them lose.

Here’s hoping that the 2020s see a return of the Ibrox roar!!

The roaring 20s!!
Ultimately we survived despite the attempts of others to consign us to History. But there will never be a feeling as bad as waking up on the 3rd of January 1971, that feeling will haunt me forever.

Don't really understand why people think it's the end of the decade, which surely doesn't happen until the end of 2020?

Pedantic Maths Loyal.

135.png

Good post OP.

I think that as we move away from the early part of the decade (or not :D) we can begin to see how drastic an impact and effect it had on us all.

When you’re living through it it appears to be a macabre test of spirit and willpower.
I think only history will show it even more dramatically to be the most seismic period in our entire existence.

Hopefully we’ll go into the new year on a high. By f.uck we all deserve to.

It’s been a decade of many challenges but it has strengthened my resolve and increased my love of our great club in ways I couldn’t have imagined previously.

Here’s to the next decade and hopefully plenty of success for Scotland’s premier club.

A horrible decade, but let’s look at the positive, if we can survive a decade like that, we can survive anything.

I think in different ways we’ve grown stronger as a result.

Only the 1880s compare to the past decade as we almost folded in 1883. I'll be glad to see the end of the 2010s. Onwards and upwards in a new decade!

We will always remember what was done to us; how we refused to die and how we came through it together. They will always have the nasty, niggling knowledge at the back of their primitive brains that the worth of their "achievements" while we were crippled is permanently less.

Had more fans at games than the all conquering (stop laughing) green machine. Despite being in Division 3.

Back