The defensive trio playing at walking pace.

Fergie90

Goldson, Souttar and Lundstram are absolutely killing our tempo and any momentum is impossible.

3 yard passes between them and still doing it in injury time when we are desperate for a goal. Lundstram literally standing still with the ball constantly and fully concentrating to be able to play a 2 yard ball and thinks his jobs done. Absolute shite.

That doesn't excuse the rest of them as they were all awful and gutless but I'm sick of seeing this slow passing and walking about shite every week from those 3.

Last edited:
Non existent midfield for years in front of them. Though even the urgency in defence was shocking like Sunday

It's that same slow, boring, uninspiring, football that we were seeing under Gio and Beale towards the ends of their tenures. It's infuriating to watch and Clement has to sort this mess out.

Goldson, Souttar and Lundstram are absolutely killing our tempo and any momentum is impossible.

3 yard passes between them and still doing it in injury time when we are desperate for a goal. Lundstarm literally standing still with the ball constantly and fully concentrating to be able to play a 2 yard ball and thinks his jobs done. Absolute shite.

That doesn't excuse the rest of them as they were all awful and gutless but I'm sick of seeing this slow passing and walking about shite every week from those 3.
At one point it looked as if lundstram and goldson were having a game of let's see who can play the worst pass.

3 yard passes between them and still doing it in injury time when we are desperate for a goal. Lundstarm literally standing still with the ball constantly and fully concentrating to be able to play a 2 yard ball and thinks his jobs done. Absolute shite.

They have nothing, nothing in front of them. Zero, no movement. No control.

Defence is the least of our worries.

Wow. Only these three?

What game you watching?

You do know the midfield are supposed to be creative, right, not the CHs?

The blame is on them. They ne er moved into spaces to get the ball from the trio, or anyone.

But I agree they were terrible going forward tonight.

It's that same slow, boring, uninspiring, football that we were seeing under Gio and Beale towards the ends of their tenures. It's infuriating to watch and Clement has to sort this mess out.
Genuinely embarrassing.

Goldson and Lundstram look like they are concentrating so hard just to make the 5 yard passes and all they care about is not giving it away.

Ball came to Lundstram at snails pace near the end and he ended up flicking it up and watching it in the air before bringing it down and standing still to then make a 3 yard pass.

It comes from the coaching staff, it's our "style" of play. We don't press, we don't play with energy, we play long ball after long ball mostly to a static centre forward

Manager looks lost now

There is no coach in the world that tells lundstram and Goldson to play aimless sh*te long balls

They have nothing, nothing in front of them. Zero, no movement. No control.

Defence is the least of our worries.
The defence that can't defend and can't pass the ball the length of themselves?

They are huge problem.

Loads of other huge problems in the team aswell but they are causing us alot of issues.

The defence that can't defend and can't pass the ball the length of themselves?

They are huge problem.

Loads of other huge problems in the team aswell but they are causing us alot of issues.
Goodson and Soutter defensively were excellent tonight.

Going forward they had zero in front of them to pass fucking to.

I'm not a fan of the 3 of them mate but uts not them. It's the absolute lack of movement from anyone in front of them.

This.

I don't know how anyone can watch that tonight and think the three of them are to blame.

Literally zero movement in front of them forcing them to turn back and keep the ball or hoof it long.

Fucking depressing.

Reactions: TPP
Goodson and Soutter defensively were excellent tonight.

Going forward they had zero in front of them to pass fucking to.
Were they excellent shipping 6 goals in the last two games?

They had nothing to do tonight.

Not sure that was a critical issue tonight OP . We effectively had control of the game after the first quarter or so .

I’d be looking at Lawrence Cantwell Roofe of the starters myself . These guys were asked to be the benefactors of our possession and turn chances and goal attempts but there was a dearth of those is my impression but I’d like numbers to be sure about my point lol .

Subs were so so maybe Rabbi n Ross we’re best altho I thot Dowell tried to do it in one ie quickly which was imo a wise thing to try as the forward third was too sticky too often until then . Never quite came off sadly

Wow. Only these three?

What game you watching?

The blame is on them. They ne er moved into spaces to get the ball from the trio, or anyone.

Don’t think OP is saying only them just that he thought it contributed

Last edited:
Wow. Only these three?

What game you watching?

Literally every one of them were a problem tonight.

What's the point in Lundstram dropping deep to play passes with his pals?

The whole point is he takes the ball and turns and moves forward with the ball, if he is closed down then one of the CB's progress with the ball and open up space to play it into a Cantwell or Lawrence etc.

They just knocked it about instead.

That has happened every game pal them 3 wasting time by playing from the back like they are in training no passing forward or driving into space either and when they are in space they turn around and pass it back embarrassing

Terrible forward line, terrible midfield and slow movement.

The manager has a hell of a job on his hands
What gets me is that this isn't the first coaching team that this lot have done this under.
Has every coaching team at Ibrox in the last few seasons decided that that is the way we'll play ?

If the players are doing this themselves, they need to be disciplined for it.

If the coaches are telling them to do this, they need to change their ways.

Otherwise we're back to changing the whole management and coaching teams again.

It’s absolutely chronic stuff.
Would drive you insane to see the sideways and backwards passing walking football between the 3 of them.

Not sure that was a critical issue tonight OP . We effectively had control of the game after the first quarter or so .

I’d be looking at Lawrence Cantwell Roofe of the starters myself . These guys were asked to be the benefactors of our possession and turn chances and goal attempts but there was a dearth of those is my impression but I’d like numbers to be sure about my point lol .

Subs were so so maybe Rabbi n Ross we’re best altho I thot Dowell tried to do it in one ie quickly which was imo a wise thing to try as the forward third was too sticky too often until then . Never quite came off sadly
I honestly think it was a big part of how bad we were.

Lack of movement a definite factor too but there is 3 of them with virtually no pressure on them. One of them have to take the ball forward or create space for themselves.

If you think about it there is one Dundee player pressing three Rangers players, that means we are outnumbered further up the park and harder for those guys to find space.

Have you see our walking pace midfield? It's not the defenders job to start attacks, they are supposed to pass it to the midfielders and let them create something and get us up the park.

When you play without a midfield it catches up with you eventually.

Have you see our walking pace midfield? It's not the defenders job to start attacks, they are supposed to pass it to the midfielders and let them create something and get us up the park.

When you play without a midfield it catches up with you eventually.
It is the defenders job to start attacks. That's why we play out from goal kicks.

Static midfield doesn't help but the speed of their passing and lack of urgency is awful to watch.

We defend very deep because of a lack of pace in defence and this costs us in build up and given them 3 especially over playing at the back with the inability to play one touch football quickly out leaves teams to get organised and we struggle to break them down. Our lack of pace especially on the right has left us getting targeted there for a long time.

Got a text from a mate before the game pointing to the team and he said “slower than a week in the jail”. He wasn’t wrong. Lundstram, Lawrence, Goldson, dead slow and stop. So many passes back towards the defence too. God it’s so fucking depressing.

Can't blame not winning tonight on the defence.
They done their job and kept a clean sheet unlike last two league games.
Nothing is getting created from midfield to strikers to create chances.
Maybe the passing back and forward between the defence tonight is due to lack of movement from the 'creative' players...

Back