The defensive trio playing at walking pace.

Have you see our walking pace midfield? It's not the defenders job to start attacks, they are supposed to pass it to the midfielders and let them create something and get us up the park.

When you play without a midfield it catches up with you eventually.

It was another game where the play completely passed by our midfield.

Lundstram is doing nothing to influence the games right now. He isnt protecting the defence, isnt dictating play, isnt providing anything going forward. He has far too many of these spells to and is another who should be hunted.

Lundstram is doing nothing to influence the games right now. He isnt protecting the defence, isnt dictating play, isnt providing anything going forward. He has far too many of these spells to and is another who should be hunted.
He needs to go.

At his best he snaps into tackles and runs with the ball, he has shots from the edge of the box and protects the defence.

Most of the time he just stands in space and takes a pass to just play it 5 yards and repeat. Absolutely no point in him being there.

Lundstram had the most touches and passes tonight and done absolutely nothing of note.

See when you watch them, the reason why they are passing between themselves is because there is absolutely no movement in front of them. It’s static pish. At times we have 5 across the forward line which is just complete pish and gives them no options.

souttar looks to carry the ball forward instead of just launching like goldson does but lundstrum just gets in his way or takes the ball of him.

appreciate that we can’t just lump it forward aimlessly but when time is against us it’s infuriating to see the sideways passes along the back. Nobody wants to take responsibility

souttar looks to carry the ball forward instead of just launching like goldson does but lundstrum just gets in his way or takes the ball of him.
That's one of the reasons I'm so fed up of it.

Lundstram should be 10 or 15 yards further forward and Souttar or Goldson should be bringing the ball put and then playing it to someone.

They just stand beside each other and there's no space for Souttar to bring it out.

Lundstram should be 10 or 15 yards further forward and Souttar or Goldson should be bringing the ball put and then playing it to someone.

They just stand beside each other and there's no space for Souttar to bring it out.

Nearly impossible to do when the other team are parking the bus inside their own half.

Nearly impossible to do when the other team are parking the bus inside their own half.
So if a team sits deep you should have 3 guys back passing it about?

There was no urgency from them at all. Even in the last minute they are pissing about rather than just playing it into an area.

I'm not blaming them solely tonight as the rest of them were shocking aswell but they need to do better.

Lee McCullough was on co comms on rtv and he said that is one of John souttar main attributes bringing the ball out of defence.he did also say we would see the best of him if we played him on the right side of a centre half pairing.

Lee McCullough was on co comms on rtv and he said that is one of John souttar main attributes bringing the ball out of defence.he did also say we would see the best of him if we played him on the right side of a centre half pairing.
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Souttar is a better player than Goldson now.

Put Souttar on right side and Goldson left or play Balogun.

Lundstram is protecting his body, he's got a big new shiny contract to sign somewhere else.

There’s only two possibilities.

The Manager is instructing him to do it or he’s doing it himself.

This guy has previous for acting like this.
'If I don't give it away then I won't get moaned at' type football.

we would rather they take risks and it doesnt pay off than the pointless safe option every single time that leads nowhere.

Lundstram won with the most meaningless passes but Goldson won the most passes to no one in particular. I'd call it a draw mate.
While Tav remains champion of "rebounding a ball straight off the defender in front of me with a projected pass, and usually losing possession in doing so". It's infuriating the number of times does this.

'If I don't give it away then I won't get moaned at' type football.

we would rather they take risks and it doesnt pay off than the pointless safe option every single time that leads nowhere.
We saw this type of thing during the last weeks of GVB and to a lesser extent with the fraud, who didn't exactly need anyone’s help in getting booted out the door.

It’s a sly way of apportioning blame to others who do actually try positives but fail.

It’s both forward players not moving and our defenders taking an age to move ball forward. Umpteen times tonight we opted to play the ball back when a forward pass was on, just before McAusland got fouled outside their box about 85 min mark, we must have had about a dozen square ball passes between Lundstrum, Lawrence and think defenders where involved or Tav. Going absolutely no where, just a case of “to you, to me, to you.” Just fucking gutless. No bravery, no 1-2s. Think we only passed thru to McAusland because we’d exhausted our square ball options.
Just fucking brutal.
Technically we are fucking brutal. Passing is shite, control, movement. Heading ball either defensively or offensively, attacking ball, winning 2nd balls. No 1-2s, no dribblers, no bravery at bouncing balls, and the amount of stupid fucking daft fouls we give away is like schoolboy stuff. In fact I’m sure school kids would do better. But our marking is crap as well, their big striker in first half won the ball almost every time the put it forward, 3 defenders at the back and the find him with a pass or punt every time.

I thought Dundee actually passed the ball better than us all night, and their movement off ball was better.

Just totally utterly scunnered with this team.

It's now at the stage it is now the manager or the(shitebag) team. If PC wants to keep his job he has to ditch the old guard. Let all out of contract players go, especially Lundstrum.
Tell all the rest to find a new gig for next season. Clear the decks no EFL dross, no players over 25. We will not win anything ever again with this lot.
A complete & utter gutjob now. Folk keep saying we can't keep bringing in 8 players every season, next season 18 plus? There is not much worth keeping. There's 6 or 7 weeks left of the season, this is going to be grim viewing. We still have this Stevie Gérard team formation that hasn't worked for the last 2 seasons cos every team knows it inside out. PC has to change not just the personnel from the current system but the whole nuts & bolts from the ground up formation so that we can switch team shape depending on who we are playing.

Back