The Famous scarves - any alternatives ?

2fernando

Official Ticketer
Was hoping to order a scarf as a gift but need it for 11th Jan and see they aren’t shipping again until 10th Jan, are there any alternatives which are of the same quality.

Not the cashmere boxed one, seen that before and just didn’t think it was worth the money

(Comments included below - revised to be a little more specific).

Last edited:
Was hoping to order a scarf as a gift but need it for 11th Jan and see they aren’t shipping again until 10th Jan, are there any alternatives which are of the same quality.

Not the cashmere boxed one, seen that before and just didn’t think it was worth the money
Sorry pal, had the workshop been open in between it may still have been a push to arrive by 11th - Royal Mail just catching up from December backlog. Reach out if you need any help in future though, much appreciated!

The famous knit is too heavy a fabric.

It’s too thick for what it’s required for.

Golf towels etc don’t feel great as the material is way too dense.
That's a rather general review of what is an extensive range of different types of knits, materials and products we offer.

The golf towels weren't the thin fleece polyester type and were advertised as such at the time. They were made from a blend of Merino Wool and Acrylic yarn - certainly yours is the only negative feedback that we received back from all sales received during the period 2019-2021. Furthermore, we do offer a full returns service which you could have taken advantage of if unsuitable.

Also unsure what scarf you purchased to qualify the entire range as 'too thick for what's it required for', however again we offer returns on items which are not to taste or fit and ultimately with tubular, jacquard knits and 3 different wool gauge sizes across the range it's difficult to accept your description as a good level of feedback on the products - scarves in particular.

We work extremely hard as a small independent business and manufacturer and will engage positively wherever we can with customers on all types of feedback, vague comments on a message board are unhelpful though and naturally we would like the chance to discuss and protect our brand otherwise.

Feel free to drop a DM if there's anything we can do to help a particular issue you had with your order(s) more than happy to help fellow fans out where we can.

All the best and Merry Christmas

Sorry pal, had the workshop been open in between it may still have been a push to arrive by 11th - Royal Mail just catching up from December backlog. Reach out if you need any help in future though, much appreciated!
Thanks mate. Have bought a few from you before and will buy again.

Quality and range or products is spot on

Thanks mate. Have bought a few from you before and will buy again.

Quality and range or products is spot on
Appreciated mate and no worries. We do offer a range of gift vouchers if that's of any help for gifts - these can be emailed over in PDF format

That's a rather general review of what is an extensive range of different types of knits, materials and products we offer.

The golf towels weren't the thin fleece polyester type and were advertised as such at the time. They were made from a blend of Merino Wool and Acrylic yarn - certainly yours is the only negative feedback that we received back from all sales received during the period 2019-2021. Furthermore, we do offer a full returns service which you could have taken advantage of if unsuitable.

Also unsure what scarf you purchased to qualify the entire range as 'too thick for what's it required for', however again we offer returns on items which are not to taste or fit and ultimately with tubular, jacquard knits and 3 different wool gauge sizes across the range it's difficult to accept your description as a good level of feedback on the products - scarves in particular.

We work extremely hard as a small independent business and manufacturer and will engage positively wherever we can with customers on all types of feedback, vague comments on a message board are unhelpful though and naturally we would like the chance to discuss and protect our brand otherwise.

Feel free to drop a DM if there's anything we can do to help a particular issue you had with your order(s) more than happy to help fellow fans out where we can.

All the best and Merry Christmas

Apologies - it probably came across too flippant.

I find the golf towels and drive head cover range too thick, guessing it’s the acrylic that stiffens them up? It means they don’t fit as snug on the club themselves, imo.

I’ll edit the last post - it wasn’t meant to be a slight on your overall brand/products.

As you say, if I could have been arsed, I should have returned them.

I find the golf towels and drive head cover range too thick, guessing it’s the acrylic that stiffens them up? It means they don’t fit as snug on the club themselves, imo.

I’ll edit the last post - it wasn’t meant to be a slight on your overall brand/products.

Shytebag

No worries at all mate, rather be able to discuss this with you than not and ultimately all feedback is welcomed.

RE: the golf towels, they were all a basic jacquard knit and we pulled them from the range as we wanted to incorporate a small ring in the corner to fix to a golf bag - these were also a marked difference from the more modern, technical fabrics used such as microfleece etc but we always advertised them as what they were - essentially just a knitted cloth for cleaning golf club heads.

The club covers are knit with a mix of wool and acrylic and are based on the old, original knitted covers from years gone by. Essentially these are just smaller versions of bobble hats with extended ribbed sections to protrct the shaft.

We made a lot of adjustments on the range in the beginning to suit modern clubs, but because of the introduction of larger driver heads, types of putters and the shape of hybrid clubs in particular - they aren't always the best fit on rare occasions. We currently offer 2 sizes to cover the above types and have also in the past offered an XL size where required to fit larger heads.

Overall though the feedback we've had on the covers is that they do a great job in the bag, and hopefully bring a touch of colour to the course when out playing. They are ultimately a summer product for us with the main range of items being hats, scarves and winter snoods.

I hope the above clears any concerns up but again, just let us know if you need anything else. Thanks for reaching back out, FF can be a minefield at times with a lack of normal discussion!

All the best

I've had mine for 4-5 years and it's fantastic.

Not cheap, but worth it if you want quality.
Try Savile Rogue.

Ive got that, the colour of blue is miles out, my daughter's paid loads for it a few christmas's ago,so i wear my old faithful bar scarf that cost me less than a tenner years ago.
edit - my blue is nothing like the colour from their image.

I washed my Famous hat in the washing machine accidentally and destroyed it

Talked to them and they said "yeah, you can't wash that in a machine with spin etc due to the wool" Was the older Lambswool.

Then offered me a decent discount on a replacement which I was happy to take. The newer one when it arrived was merino wool which was a lot nicer.

Great service, have bought a few products since

Ive got that, the colour of blue is miles out, my daughter's paid loads for it a few christmas's ago,so i wear my old faithful bar scarf that cost me less than a tenner years ago.

Just dug mine out to take a pic. It’s been that shade since new, nothing like the ones in the link.

I think you must've got a dodgy (or different) batch.

My colour is spot on.

I washed my Famous hat in the washing machine accidentally and destroyed it

Talked to them and they said "yeah, you can't wash that in a machine with spin etc due to the wool" Was the older Lambswool.

Then offered me a decent discount on a replacement which I was happy to take. The newer one when it arrived was merino wool which was a lot nicer.

Great service, have bought a few products since
Glad to help and thanks pal!

The founders trail scarf if a cracker and good quality.

Don’t waste your money on the Savile Rogue , no issue with the quality but as someone else has pointed out the colour of blue is miles off what a Rangers scarf should look like.

On the other hand The Famous scarf I bought is tremendous quality and colour is perfect.

Don’t waste your money on the Savile Rogue , no issue with the quality but as someone else has pointed out the colour of blue is miles off what a Rangers scarf should look like.

On the other hand The Famous scarf I bought is tremendous quality and colour is perfect.
I got a Savile Rogue 15 years ago and the colour is way too light as well. I don't know if they have improved the dye technique now, but they did say at the time that the colours would be lighter overall. I rarely wear it to be honest due to the colours being so light.

I got a Savile Rogue 15 years ago and the colour is way too light as well. I don't know if they have improved the dye technique now, but they did say at the time that the colours would be lighter overall. I rarely wear it to be honest due to the colours being so light.
Same , wore it once and it’s been in the box since. Definitely too light.

Bought a snood / neck warmer from the famous and it’s excellent, very warm and keeps its shape well after use. Hoping they expand their range into next year.

Would buy from them again.
I've still got the snood from a couple of years ago & its in brilliant condition.

Wear it at Ibrox when its baltic & out walking the dog.

Got a quality scarf as well

1_32.jpg

Back