The foul on Itten that wasn't a penalty

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
I know it made no difference tonight, it was nothing more than a training exercise.

But how could any referee in the world fail to see the most blatant penalty you could ever imagine?

Itten got absolutely scythed down on the 6 yard line, there was no other decision possible.

Laugh about it tonight, but it wouldn't be funny most other weeks.

I’m sure the referee was influenced by the fact that we were 3-0 up. In a similar vein the referee against Hibs was influenced by the fact he had already awarded us one penalty and couldn’t give another after a blatant barge on Kent.

If it’s not blatant cheating, it certainly is at least a case of referees making decisions based on a fear about how they will be perceived by the anti-Rangers brigade post match.

Yep. Unlike the TV, I didn’t need multiple looks at it. Like the Kent one on Wed it was a stonewaller from first glance onwards at game speed. Another referee choosing not to apply the rules.

We can all be calm about it after two wins, but, just imagine unlikely though it is, if say Kent stepped up on Wed or Roofe/Ramsay did today and stroked it away and their self confidence rises from knocking in goals…it honestly isn’t the refs job to deny them that opportunity!!!

The refs in this country must be under enormous pressure not to give us penalties (or at least more than one).

An every week occurrence now

It's easy for scotshit referees not to give us penalties when they're all cheating chunts. That wee shit could not get the yellow card out quick enough to book Mc cann for a tug on a jersey they he ignored all night. One to watch is Muir the ref

Chopped from behind is a penalty in every other country
For every other team.
Years ago we were 6.0 up v Dumbarton at Ibrox and were denied the most blatantly clear cut pen I have ever seen.
What goes on these days is just a continuation of days gone, shamefully never addressed over the years by a succession of boards.

I know it made no difference tonight, it was nothing more than a training exercise.

But how could any referee in the world fail to see the most blatant penalty you could ever imagine?

Itten got absolutely scythed down on the 6 yard line, there was no other decision possible.

Blatant Penalty.

I think it does matter cos it tells you if hes not giving decisions to Rangers in a game of shooty in hes probably going to be less interested in important league games.

Muir did give the penalty v d utd(thats about all hes given Rangers in 10 years)but couldnt have made it more obvious to their players its the linesman call.

His whole performance was disgraceful, clearly a lot of refereeing is about making sure the tims and press watching the games have nothing to moan about.

Is their anyone on here that watches other Scottish football games? Seriously, I would love someone to watch a lot of different Scottish games where were not involved, just to see if it is a case of unfair, biased refereeing on us or its just a case of totally shambolic refereeing in this country in general.

Ridiculous and the referee really should go to Specsavers.

Yet another honest mistake against the Rangers.

Becoming a habit in this wee shitehole.

Utter shitebags obviously scared of their windows being put in and families being intimidated which is only natural.

It certainly doesn't help when that mob's chief executive put pressure on them at their AGM with no punishment whatsoever from the shitebags at the SFA/SPFL.

They are under instructions to do us at every turn. SPL, SFA and the mhedia want Angeball to do the treble in his first season.

Given this clown of a referee gave a yellow card to Alan Power for kicking Ryans Jacks head it’s not surprising he didn’t award a penalty

Referees are a joke and getting paid £1k per game is a farce

They are incompetent at best and more likely cheats

They can’t get away with the “honest mistakes” excuse

They are rotten and some IMO are corrupt

It was ridiculous the ref missed that, a stone wall penalty and another innocent mistake by a ref in a game with us. Even Craigan insisted it was a penalty so it must have been really, really obvious.

The SFA really do have the most poorly trained refs in the professional game.

Is their anyone on here that watches other Scottish football games? Seriously, I would love someone to watch a lot of different Scottish games where were not involved, just to see if it is a case of unfair, biased refereeing on us or its just a case of totally shambolic refereeing in this country in general.
All you have to do is watch a tims game yourself and you will see we dont have crap refs that are blind or lacking fitness etc, thats what the refs want us to believe they do everything possible each weekend to avoid negative press coverage.

So aye that means some amount of cheating.

The crap refs stuff makes no sense. Alan Muir wont be making a crap decision in the next 10 years that benefits Rangers.

It was ridiculous the ref missed that, a stone wall penalty and another innocent mistake by a ref in a game with us. Even Craigan insisted it was a penalty so it must have been really, really obvious.

Im starting to think they are the most perfectly trained in world football the effort thats going into causing problems with Rangers and making sure Celtic are successful is quite something.

Also,playing over three minutes injury time,against Stirling it was the ninety minutes,no extra.
They make it up as they go along.

i make that 4 clear penalty claims (3 on kent and last night on itten) in the last three matches, with us receiving one.

Alan Muir is the worst grade 1 referee, easily. He is utterly atrocious, and clearly way out of shape as well.

He must be due to chuck it shortly.

I’m sure the referee was influenced by the fact that we were 3-0 up. In a similar vein the referee against Hibs was influenced by the fact he had already awarded us one penalty and couldn’t give another after a blatant barge on Kent.

If it’s not blatant cheating, it certainly is at least a case of referees making decisions based on a fear about how they will be perceived by the anti-Rangers brigade post match.
100% this.
We got a free kick just outside their penalty box in the second half.
About 30 seconds later young Lowry gets clattered just outside the penalty area and the ref waves play on. It’s as if he’s saying, well I’ve just given you a free kick seconds ago, I can’t give you another one.

This is the answer.
Which, I guess makes it cheating.
I’m just looking forward to VAR.
I know we’ll still not get everything we’re due but there will be a lot more pluses than minuses.
There has got to be.

The eye opener was the hilarity that ensued in the commentary box

"Ha ha ha...Alan Muir's obviously had enough of this weather and wants up the road...ha ha ha, what's he like not giving that penalty to Rangers...ha ha ha"

I imagine the reaction would be quite different if it was Celtic on the receiving end of that decision.

On the contrary...

Incompetence on a grand scale.

More inexplicable decisions, decisions we see in almost every game. I don’t watch Celtic, but I’d hazard a guess that if they were getting calls like the non penalty against them week in week out, it would be plastered all over the papers. It seems particularly noticeable this season.

This is how bad it was, consider the sources. Links for source only, no need to click.

“Not given​

Massive penalty shout there for Rangers as Lowry swung in a corner.

It looked like Itten was wiped out by an attempted clearance in the area.

Won't make any bearing on the result but that looked a stick-on penalty.”

“Alex Lowry flashes in a cross that has the defence scrambling to clear and it looks like Rangers striker Cedric Itten is taken down inside the penalty box. However, no penalty award.”

Last edited:
Back