The Gaffer Appreciation Thread

I’m drunk and probably missed it but feck it I’m going all in,

Those post match interviews by the Gaffer today were absolutely amazing. Steven Gerrard was nearly in tears for us the fans.
Let than sink in and savour it for ever more.

Amazing time to be a Bear.
Think he was a bit tipsy like the rest of us haha, but held it well. His eyes were red with I imagine emotion. I'm not going to take away his Liverpool moments, but that would've been one of his greatest memories.

He’s brought the full club together and considering what he came in to when he took over the club is nothing short of remarkable.

He had the winner mentality as a player and has brought it into manager. The biggest compliment I can pay to him is that he is Rangers class.

The gaffer wasn't drunk , he was wankered HAHA

Started with his RTV interview which BTW was the best interview I could ever have possibly listened to, then he was partying harder than any player trying to get Hagi to lighten up then giving it some through the team room window at the fans followed by doing a Klinsmann across a beer soaked Ibrox team room.

I just recollect that airport clip of him in the front line of Liverpool players doing some mad dance with Stevie leading the party.

Man I'd love to be on a night out with Stevie G.

Steven Gerrard, I don't have the words to accurately describe my love for you.
One of the most important figures in our entire history.

The gaffer wasn't drunk , he was wankered HAHA

Started with his RTV interview which BTW was the best interview I could ever have possibly listened to, then he was partying harder than any player trying to get Hagi to lighten up then giving it some through the team room window at the fans followed by doing a Klinsmann across a beer soaked Ibrox team room.

I just recollect that airport clip of him in the front line of Liverpool players doing some mad dance with Stevie leading the party.

Man I'd love to be on a night out with Stevie G.
He was leading the celebrations but always remained humble. B-)

When he said “I got a feeling upstairs and I wanted more”, I got a feeling downstairs, couple of hours later I was shooting dust

He is one of us!

one day we will be broken hearted when he moves on, but I think it will be a wee while yet, he has the bug too!

WATP

When the man talks I listen, when he talks about Rangers I swoon and when he won the league I f@#king fell in love(if I wasn't already).
Words can not describe how I feel about the man and never will, all I can say is the smile he has put on our faces and joy in our hearts will never be forgotten.
W.A.T.P

I'll hold my hands up here, I wasnt too happy when we appointed SG. I thought we were crying out for experience rather than taking a punt on a big name. happily proved wrong.

He's awesome and not only has he given us our club back he's laid the foundations for a prolonged period of success. A footballing legend and now a Rangers legend.

Just watched a Youtube video of some of his Liverpool goals, this is actually Steven Gerrard, one of the greatest British footballers of all time, he's our manager, does anyone else ever actually have to pinch themselves that he is our manager? Steven Gerrard? I couldn't believe it then and now, he has worked his way into the history books of Rangers FC.

Can only echo the sentiment of all the posters above me. Although he knows the score up here, Stevie finally seen today what being a Glasgow Rangers man is all about, and that emotion coupled with the ingestion of several cold crisp amber nectars, let us observe an emotional bombshell moment. He realised this is what being revered by fans as a manager and not a player was all about. Every one of our lads on the pitch, back room staff and fans have done him proud, and if I was standing at the urinal beside him in the lavvy, I’d let him have a swatch if he wanted :D

For the last almost 3 years we’ve watched this guy and the rest of the staff and squad try their very best to erase the pain that the club and supporters have endured for so long, to bring back the standards associated with our great club, to put together a squad (not a team) that had skill and courage and tenancity and stamina in equal measure.

Sure there has been some bumps along the way, but nobody thought it would all be smooth sailing. When he was interviewed after Hearts beat us in the cup last year, he looked a broken man ready to throw in the towel and accept maybe the job was too big for him. Thank god his inner strength told him not to be a tw@t.

What we have witnessed this season so far has been miraculous and still with more to come i’m sure.

With this 55 monkey off our backs, and the rhats back in their box, my one enduring hope is that when we are finally allowed to gather once again inside Ibrox, we give this team the best support ever given to any Rangers team. Lets not howl our disapproval everytime someone misses a tackle or misplaces a pass. We’ve seen that can happen but this team have always found a way to correct their minor mistakes.

I’ve supported this club since the day i first appeared 50years ago, and this last 24 hours have been the most emotional 24 hours ever with Rangers Football Club, havent teared up as much since losing the old man a few years back.

WATP!

He has made me one of the happiest bears imaginable! 21 years old when I heard that rat say we were going into administration. For those 10 years I’ve had to see us get get kicked out the league to the bottom tier, been used as a battleground for spivs, go through the emotions of getting to a cup final twice to fail and be mocked, get into the top league where it’s our given right to be only to be mocked again by media and other fans saying we will just be whipping boys for THEM. Gerrard comes in, he tells everyone he’s going to get us back to being the top club in Scotland, again the media laugh it off and peado fans start chanting “can you see the ranjurs?!” Guess what guys WE ARE FUCKING HERE! CAN YOU SEE US NOW?! God bless Gerrard and god bless Rangers!

He is one of us!

one day we will be broken hearted when he moves on, but I think it will be a wee while yet, he has the bug too!

WATP
You're right obviously and I think he will be broken hearted as well!

Maybe Souness can get a wee word of advice in before he decides. Maybe championships and trophies he has already won make him want to stay for more!

Your boyhood team calling will certainly be a hard pull though.

I thought Helicopter Sunday was the event horizon of unbridled pleasure that I could ever experience as a Rangers supporter.

This title win is in a universe beyond that horizon.

It's sheer scale and vastness is almost impossible for me to comprehend.

Deep deep joy.

Think he was a bit tipsy like the rest of us haha, but held it well. His eyes were red with I imagine emotion. I'm not going to take away his Liverpool moments, but that would've been one of his greatest memories.

It's not the champions league obviously. It's not even his debut for his boyhood team, but it's probably unbelievably between those two!

Stevie G celebrating his first league title with the slip-on-slide! Glorious!

Steven Gerard is up there with Souness, Smith, Struth etc.

The most influential men to make us the club we are today.

What he has done for us in 3 seasons will never be forgotten.

Back