The importance of Ryan Jack.

One of our own. I love Ryan Jack and it helps that he's a very good footballer. Shields the back 4 better than any of our other midfielders. Just wish we had a magic fitness wand.

Reactions: dmg
He gives us the drive and compliments Kamara or Davis; whoever he's partnered with. Our best football was played before Christmas when he was in the team injury free.

Problem is keeping him fit as others have said. Recruitment in the Summer needs to be prioritising 1 or 2 cm's that go straight into the team. I still think Hagi is suited in the middle of the park and if we upgrade on the "workers" then I think we will see the best of him there.

In my opinion is totally underrated.

We play our best football when he is fit and available.

I think sourcing a replacement/similar player is priority number one in the summer.
When is he ever fit though, I would be very disturbed if he suddenly is pronounced fit to play for the Sfa eleven,.

Pretty sure Jack has an injury that needs surgery but we have been managing the situation without doing the op.

Thing SG said something like this a while back.

Possibly need to bite the bullet and do the op.

With Scotland qualifying for Euros Jack won't want to miss out on chance of playing I reckon.
He should be more concerned about getting fit for our club than playing for an sfa team and their fans that despise us.

Have we ever got to the bottom of his injury as we dont want another case(albeit not as bad)similar to Rossiter.In games like Thursday and yesterday you realise the importance of him to our performances.

Going against the grain here , but when fully fit my midfield would be Davis , Kamara and Arfield.
Agreed Is a great player and his defensive duties have been missed in the last two games but I wouldn’t replace him for SD or GK and SA gives us more in an attacking role .

We just need someone to share the load with him.

He’s hugely important in the way we play. Think of the praise Gary Neville got in allowing the best of Beckham to be on show. Jack brings out the best Tav.

For Scotland, maybe view it as some practice time. He won’t play 3 games. Allows him to knock off the rust, get 90 mins, then the Cove game, then he’s back flying for the run to the Scottish Cup final.

Back