The incredible spatial awareness of Ryan Jack.

George Goudie

Official Ticketer
I've always really liked him. He's a natural at knowing completely where he and everyone else is in relation to the ball on the park. Even in the most fluid of transitions he's tracking all around him with incredible accuracy.

His awareness of all the external natural factors: gravity, momentum, the kinetic/potential energy of the ball and the trajectories of all his team mates and opponent's. He's like a Footballing Physics Professor. :D In fact that's my new name for him. The Prof.

He is truly an immense player for us. I just hope his spacial awareness helps protect him this Sunday, for there will be hammers being thrown in all directions by these thugs.

I was thinking tonight after a conversation with my Son. We both agreed that Ryan must be learning so much from the Gaffer, who was himself a world class creatively instinctive player. He had the gift of true spatial awareness in spades. The Gaffers team knew he was the best in the game and that his through ball would be delivered in front of them, through a forrest of legs, and at pace, however always with a snipers accuracy.

You can see the team recognise and acknowledge his contributions on the park. He's always been good, but I reckon that The Manager has transformed Ryan Jack's game. His ability to map out the best options to play the ball is incredible, even if its behind him. It's got to be his amazing spatial awareness skills, or maybe Ryan had invisible wing-mirrors on tonight?

Stay injury free Ryan and you will be our PPOTY.

I've always really liked him. He's a natural at knowing completely where he and everyone else is in relation to the ball on the park. Even in the most fluid of transitions he's tracking all around him with incredible accuracy.

His awareness of all the external natural factors: gravity, momentum, the kinetic/potential energy of the ball and the trajectories of all his team mates and opponent's. He's like a Footballing Physics Professor. :D In fact that's my new name for him. The Prof.

He is truly an immense player for us. I just hope his spacial awareness helps protect him this Sunday, for there will be hammers being thrown in all directions by these thugs.

I was thinking tonight after a conversation with my Son. We both agreed that Ryan must be learning so much from the Gaffer, who was himself a world class creatively instinctive player. He had the gift of true spatial awareness in spades. The Gaffers team knew he was the best in the game and that his through ball would be delivered in front of them, through a forrest of legs, and at pace, however always with a snipers accuracy.

You can see the team recognise and acknowledge his contributions on the park. He's always been good, but I reckon that The Manager has transformed Ryan Jack's game. His ability to map out the best options to play the ball is incredible, even if its behind him. It's got to be his amazing spatial awareness skills, or maybe Ryan had invisible wing-mirrors on tonight?

We have an extraordinary gifted footballer
in Ryan Jack,I thought he was best player on the park (again) tonight.:)

He's been outstanding for us. I am beginning to get worried about one of the 'Big Six'
in England getting interested in him. He's been that good.

He better still be here when you come back from the states or I'm blaming you for putting a hex on him mate.

Enjoy your trip mucker! ;)

Quite a difficult game for him tonight trying to split 2 lines of parked busses but it was always obvious what he was trying to do. Probably the same reason some folk didnt like Kent tonight. Both were very good.

Love the thread title, sounds like a noble book. The incredible lightness of being type.

I agree, he has been excellent, long may it continue.

Ryan Jack has been our most underrated player since he joined us. I thought he was very good last season and I think he’s started this season even better.

Having two brilliant midfielders as manager and assistant manager will help immensely.

I thought Jack and Ejaria were our best players last night, they linked up so well together.

Absolutely love him. First name on the team sheet, should also be first name on the Scotland team sheet, he’s made for international football.

Agreed tremendous but I hope Coulibaly will be challenging for that award also.
Not a bad thing TBH.

I love him. Didn’t know much about him when he came, other than the sheep were gutted to lose him so that was good. He’s been immense, loved him from the start but now, he’s exceeded all expectations. Especially love him jumping on top of whoever scores and how delighted he is.

I've always thought Jack was an excellent midfielder but he seems to have taken it up another level... It looks like the gaffer is passing on his experience to him and RJ is taking it on board.

I think Jack has been magnificent thus far this season, tidy, aware, brave and committed, also helps he can play a bit too, we really won a watch signing the guy, you can see why he was the sheeps captain.

Future Rangers Captain and HoF if he carries on like this.

He’s excellent, but I’ve said that ever since he signed.

Mental to think some of FF thought he’d be lucky to make the bench this season. The snobbery over him previously because he ‘only’ came from Aberdeen was pretty pathetic.

Since Rossiter is the one that’s always fancied to displace him, I’ve got to be honest and say that JR is roughly ten million miles away from taking the jersey from Jack, I personally don’t think he’ll ever get close.

Last edited:
Said for a long time he’s the best midfielder at the club.

Don’t see anything so far to change that.

The things you mention, he was doing last season but running an entire midfield alone.

Special mention for H&H podder who thinks he’s 5th choice :D

Great post. He’s an absolute joy to watch.

Each player has had their moment in each match so far. Some more consistent than others but overall we're in a great position moving forward.

Last season wasn’t that long ago, now I can’t remove the smile from my face watching our new team, for the majority of each game. Loving life as a bear again:cool:

He's a wonder player. The most gifted Scottish midfielder of his generation. Hugely impressive and will only get better.
I’m not sure I’ve seen a bigger improvement in a player.
He wasn’t this player for us last season, pre injury, and, obviously I don’t reall know what type of player he was at the sheep before that.

This, I think RJ is top drawer. And to note Para 2 GG - You might consider changing your own moniker to 'The Prof'

Fabulous player with tremendous vision and rarely wastes a pass if ever. Something else and very important he is a Rangers fanatic,brought up as a Rangers supporter in Rangers hating Aberdeen. The best Scottish midfield player for many a long time.

Professor jack. I like that

Good post George. And this is the first post I’ve read on FF where I needed a calculator to understand :p

Back