The Inevitability of CFC's Overtly Physical Approach This Weekend .....

Laudo.

I fear they will take the assaults to a whole new level.

Beyond any shadow of any doubt they will be hugely aware of the referees corrupt leniency in terms of the physical approach of other teams.

I expect the very worst.

Roberts,Sinclair,Armstrong,Griffiths, McGregor etc

Apart from Brown they don't have an ounce of physical pressure.

They beat us at Hampden without commiting a foul in the first half.

Roberts,Sinclair,Armstrong,Griffiths, McGregor etc

Apart from Brown they don't have an ounce of physical pressure.

They beat us at Hampden without commiting a foul in the first half.

More concerning about that semi final was they didn't have to foul.

I think our team will stand up to them much better than the lightweights we had last season. As long as our players rise to the occasion, rather than letting the occasion get to them, we will be fine.

%^*& going into a yahoo game worrying about Brown.

We should be looking to bully them

We will play our own game without worrying about the Yahoo!'s.This isn't a warburton team who rolled over at the 1st sign of any physical actions towards them.

We will play our own game without worrying about the Yahoo!'s.This isn't a warburton team who rolled over at the 1st sign of any physical actions towards them.
I get that and I agree.

That will not stop them taking advantage of the inevitable leniency shown by the referee.

Hit their lightweight scum early and either put them in the stands injured or off their game.

Lets hope a good few of those bheasts get bad ones tonight or sent off

Last season we committed far more fouls than they did...I think the idea they hacked us out the games is a nice one but not based on reality.

Last season we committed far more fouls than they did...I think the idea they hacked us out the games is a nice one but not based on reality.
It may not have been based in reality post this season but I really can't remember a start to a season where the referee bias has been so obvious.

Come Saturday afternoon I'll revisit this thread.

Our key to success is keeping possession and denying them the same.

Unfortunately I just cant see that working.

We are too slack in the passing dept and tend to drop concentration for 10 minute spells.

I just hope its not another drubbing.

I think you're a mile out from reality on this particular one, mate.

A physical game is probably what they don't want.

The difference is we have the physicality to match, we didn't have previously, lot of muscle in Midfield with Jack and Dorrans, 2 players who will refuse to be bullied, Alves if fit won't take any shite, Wee Morelos is a handful and a stocky wee character who will get stuck right in and cause their defence problems.

Although not necessarily a team of hammer throwers, you just know that Lego Eater will have a go at someone. He will feel that he has to........because of who he is.

I'm more concerned about the acres of space exploited by Sammon on the right of our defence. Sinclair and Thumb would be licking their lips watching that.

i'd be doing what hibs done to us at Ibrox . nip at their players , hound and harass the ref at every opportunity .

I fear they will take the assaults to a whole new level.

Beyond any shadow of any doubt they will be hugely aware of the referees corrupt leniency in terms of the physical approach of other teams.

I expect the very worst.
Dont agree with this at all, there will be a few bad tackles but they are a footballing team not a team of hatchet men like thistle etc

Although not necessarily a team of hammer throwers, you just know that Lego Eater will have a go at someone. He will feel that he has to........because of who he is.

He'll try and cement Jack so hopefully he'll see it coming and act accordingly.

Their team is talented and quick but not overtly physical.
I want the game turned into a battle in the first 20 minutes and our players winning more 50/50s than them.

This mob aren't Barcelona-they don't have the ability to play their way out of a tough, bruising match.
Take it to them and see what they're made of playing a team that are no longer the shitebags of last season.

I just hope that we've learned from the Hivs game and wont be sucked in to the antics of some of these players. We know there'll be nonsense going on but we must brush it aside and get on with the game...losing the plot won't help.

We need to turn this game into a battle, get right in their faces from the word go, try and wind up the lego eater and that boy at right back, hes primed for a red if he starts, genuinely think he has a few different cases of learning disabilities that lad and could easily be wound up if we get at him

I get that and I agree.

That will not stop them taking advantage of the inevitable leniency shown by the referee.
Yeah I agree with that but this is where we have a team who should be more street wise & take advantage of any decisions we get in our favour & instead of been meek & submisive its time for this team to show us & the rest of the league it has a set of steel balls.

Right.

I've made my initial point really quite badly.

I'm not suggesting they are an overtly physical team, that they have any real physical superiority over us.
My point in, as the game progresses and it inevitably becomes clear that the referee is not acting with parity and balance, they will take advantage of this and the tackles will become more and more "robust".

If/when we try and counter this with a physical threat of our own then the cards will fly.

The reverse will be true.

We will go in, all guns blazing and physically assert ourselves as we now have the players who can do that. However we all know the influence this mhob have over officials and we will get away with nothing. Watch for early bookings for our players while they get away with persistent niggly fouls all match.

Difference here is I don't think the likes of Morelos, Pena, Herrera, Dorrans, Jack and Candeias will shit themselves from it. You lay an early one on Windass for instance, he's probably out the game. Not the ones I mentioned first though. I reckon the Latin guys especially will fucking thrive on it.

We want the game to be full of wee niggle fouls. A stop start match is our best chance of winning.

In all honesty, if we make it a footballing contest it won't suit us. They are really confident and full of belief, their team has been together for at least 1 full season and for many of them it's now 3 or 4. That level of understanding we can't match.

As I see it, we need to apply pressure all across the pitch, particularly to Brown, he's the guy who starts a lot of moves off, they work very hard to get him space so he can lift his head and choose the direction to go in. Pressurise him, don't let him dictate the game and we've nullified a big part of their game.

Don't see it to be honest. Think they have enough technical ability and pace in their team that I doubt they'll approach the game the same way the likes of Partick and Hibs do.

I think there's more of an onus on us to apply real physicality on them and not let them dominate the middle of the park as easily as we have in the last few encounters.

I've no fears for Morelos because so far he appears to the type who isn't intimidated by anyone/anything. But a concern is how the referee might react to a player who plays with such passion. Still, we need to play our own game and play to our strengths. And I'm always confident we can beat that mob.

I'm more concerned with our defence we're a shambles at the minute. Have to play 5 in midfield.

My biggest worry is that our players react to any niggles or when Brown nails someone. We need to stand up to them physically and try to bully them but retaliation to anything will only lead to one of our players being sent off. Its vitally important to keep a cool head and don't let them provoke any kind of retaliation. Cardozo was the best example last night when Sammon got frustrated and pushed him, he just laughed at him and got on with the game. This is exactly how we need to react, no shoving matches and no handbags because Thompson will be only too happy to flash us a red while letting them off with murder.

Back