The influence of Stewart Robertson or lack thereof.

I am sure he will be doing what's right for the club and just because someone thinks we didn't get the result we wanted, does not mean that he hasn't Rangers best interest at heart

Once again our board has been found wanting. We should have been on front foot of this and reminding people about sporting integrity and fixtures not being able to be moved. The time for statements has passed. Anything released now will look like sour grapes. As long as cinch doesnt take away business from the chairman though...
Opinion, not fact.

Spot on

Need to play the long game here.
Absolutely! Many on here won’t like it, but playing the petulant child card will get us nowhere. We need to build up influence and make allies over a period of time. We also need to look at the self interest of other clubs lie. Our agenda may not be totally aligned to any (or many) of them but there will be times when what we want and what some of the others want is not mutually exclusive. The important term to keep in mind is ‘allies’ in any given situation, not necessarily ‘friends’.

Once again our board has been found wanting. We should have been on front foot of this and reminding people about sporting integrity and fixtures not being able to be moved. The time for statements has passed. Anything released now will look like sour grapes. As long as cinch doesnt take away business from the chairman though...
Screaming from the roof tops when it came to the cinch scenario.

This board have done a lot of great things but fk me they do come across as a bunch of pansies whenever it comes to anything football related. April 2020 we wouldn’t be found wanting and produced a dossier never to be seen again.

Still found wanting, even more so now.

It's hardly unreasonable to expect the club to have issued a statement outlining its position and the arguments against bringing forward the shutdown.
Yes, we should have pointed out that the integrity of the competition will be damaged if games rearranged from the Xmas period are played at a time when clubs can be without players due to an international tournament and also when signings made by clubs are allowed to play. These 2 points need addressed before we can approve of any such proposal.

And Im entitled to it
Funny that that is the phrase you use, cause 'entitled' is exactly how I would describe your contributions.

You want, you expect and if that's not done then the board are failing.

What does a statement do other than give the press the opportunity to attack the club further, and bum the other mob up as being the good guys, looking out for fans and their health?

Shout and bawl and throw tables about seems to be the option favoured by many. Business isn't done like that. Put yourself in, say, the Dundee board's place. Do you want to generate revenue from a football game with crowd (yes it won't be huge, but it is an important contribution to them) or play in front of 500. It isn't all about us, their first duty is to look after themselves.

Everyone should know its about balance, what's fair and what's not. Putting out statements every other day doesn't work as they are ignored, but nor does silence be it dignified or other, we as a member club are entitled to our say, so lets hear the clubs views on proceedings.

Agreed.

Probably the most animated and agitated we have seen the board was over the Cinch stuff. And that was purely due to Park's own business interests.

When it comes to the football stuff and situations like we are in now, Park, Robertson and David Graham round the table discussing a statements /strategy has me very concerned indeed.

Funny that that is the phrase you use, cause 'entitled' is exactly how I would describe your contributions.

You want, you expect and if that's not done then the board are failing.

What does a statement do other than give the press the opportunity to attack the club further, and bum the other mob up as being the good guys, looking out for fans and their health?
Haha ok mate. Because Im not agreeing with you Im entitled....dear god
You keep your head in the sand and think staying silent works
Keeping people safe? Why allow games to go on tonight? What about peoples mental health? Its just been proven this variant is 2/3 less likely to have same effect as delta but all of a sudden public health is the issue?

Shout and bawl and throw tables about seems to be the option favoured by many. Business isn't done like that. Put yourself in, say, the Dundee board's place. Do you want to generate revenue from a football game with crowd (yes it won't be huge, but it is an important contribution to them) or play in front of 500. It isn't all about us, their first duty is to look after themselves.
Yet clubs in lower leagues that rely more on crowds and dont have tv money are happy to continue.
SKY are likely to hammer SPFL for this so clubs will actually be worse off

Haha ok mate. Because Im not agreeing with you Im entitled....dear god
You keep your head in the sand and think staying silent works
Keeping people safe? Why allow games to go on tonight? What about peoples mental health? Its just been proven this variant is 2/3 less likely to have same effect as delta but all of a sudden public health is the issue?
Nah, because the content of your posts is entitled and like a spoilt wean.

I'm not saying that the manky mob are keeping people safe. I'm telling you exactly how it would be spun by them, the Scottish press and those who are somehow influential despite talking utter guff - English, Dornan, all the ones who line up at the slightest hint of a story they can spin as 'Rangers bad, Celtic good'.

Personally I don't think there should be any restrictions on anybody

Nah, because the content of your posts is entitled and like a spoilt wean.

I'm not saying that the manky mob are keeping people safe. I'm telling you exactly how it would be spun by them, the Scottish press and those who are somehow influential despite talking utter guff - English, Dornan, all the ones who line up at the slightest hint of a story they can spin as 'Rangers bad, Celtic good'.
Who cares wjat they think. We could find a cure for covid and give it free the the world and those bastards you mentioned would spin it to be bad.
They hate us. We dont need or wont ever get a free press. Give up trying to appease them and do what's right for us

Who cares wjat they think. We could find a cure for covid and give it free the the world and those bastards you mentioned would spin it to be bad.
They hate us. We dont need or wont ever get a free press. Give up trying to appease them and do what's right for us
Investors. Advertisers. That's the sort who care about what stories are out there.

We know the timmy propaganda machine will be in overdrive to make sure nothing about the impending court action is reported on.

Investors. Advertisers. That's the sort who care about what stories are out there.

We know the timmy propaganda machine will be in overdrive to make sure nothing about the impending court action is reported on.
We have more companies invested and advertising with us then ever before and limited press access (their choice) amd its not harmed us. Neither has all the shite stories that the press put out about fans and players. Investors still queuing up.
End of day we wont agree on the strategy however we do agree that we wont best for the club

We've been playing it for years and its got us nowhwere. How long do we play this game for?
We had zero influence during the banter years for obvious reasons.

King was great for us, but his statements and comments were great to hear but we're never going to make allies.

Email gate for me was a turning point where we seemed to get others onside. I would say that was the starting point with some way to go. Possibly a good few years.

We had zero influence during the banter years for obvious reasons.

King was great for us, but his statements and comments were great to hear but we're never going to make allies.

Email gate for me was a turning point where we seemed to get others onside. I would say that was the starting point with some way to go. Possibly a good few years.
Sorry but when you have Hearts supporting this after being relegated then you know we have no allies

Could we have players lined up for jan, jack,helander back and know the celtic game date we will have the Nigerians back ?

Yet clubs in lower leagues that rely more on crowds and dont have tv money are happy to continue.
SKY are likely to hammer SPFL for this so clubs will actually be worse off
A fair enough point. The point I'm making is that working behind the scenes "building bridges" if you like is the way forward not making a kunt of ourselves and fighting battles we can't win. (Those who mentioned cinch, that was a battle easily winnable with the corollary of demonstrating the incompetence of SPFL management.) As I said chairmen voting to play in front of 500 fans would be failing their clubs. As for making statements let's leave that to those scabrous basturds of Parkhead, who have to do so to keep their verminous bigoted supporters onside.

Firstly I want to make it clear I'm not blaming him for the restrictions brought on by the government nor dislike the guy personally, but what is he bringing to the table for us?

Is it not his job to help protect the interests of the club, and by extension of grow our influence? I can't understand how once again the biggest club in the country might as well be the smallest with the lack of action and voice.

Maybe the fact that the SPFL board are recommending that at least the Boxing Day games take place, suggests that someone has been in their ear with an alternative view. Remember, the Tims wanted it stopped immediately after they have horsed a vastly under strength St Mirren tonight, and before we get a chance to do the same!

No just let the Rangers supporters know what we as a club are saying/doing as a support we are in the dark .

What do you want to hear from Stewart?

Do u think he is bending over and accepting it up the arse on behalf of the club?

Sorry but when you have Hearts supporting this after being relegated then you know we have no allies
Hearts are not wealthy. They need revenue. 500 supporters (ie season ticket holders) less policing/ stewarding means it costs them to put on a game. Hearts have to act in their own best interests not in ours.

I’d imagine the club will publicise some content wrt to this change by the ira and there Allies .

Hope it’s condescending to them all

A CEO should have gravitas, they should be able to command respect and install courage and belief in those around them. They should be able to influence those with different viewpoints. Does anyone really believe that’s Stewart Robertson? The evidence suggests otherwise.

And the money theyll lose via SKY for Edinburgh Derby?
I presume that Hearts have examined the options (including the financial consequences) and have chosen the one most favourable to them. If they didn't they would be failing their own fans. They're not having a dig at us by supporting the Celtic line, it's self interest... exactly what I'd expect Rangers to be doing. What is difficult or unacceptable in that?

I initially thought we should have came out and said something, but we know from experience that if Rangers say black the rest of Scottish football say white, so probably better to keep the discussions in house.
The only way to get them to comply is to hit them in the pocket, quite happy to give us extra tickets to fill their stands that their own fans can't. I know this wont happen but it would be good to make an example of a few clubs to see how they would react.

Robertson is fucking spineless.He hides from any confrontation. The fans should let it known we want someone who will fight our corner. He should be shown the door. A social worker is a more suitable job for him

85% of the teams in the league wanted the Break brought forward but it is Robertson’s fault he didn’t influence things more,?
The same teams that voted us down the leagues and voted against doing anything about Dungcaster last year.

What do you want to hear from Stewart?

Do u think he is bending over and accepting it up the arse on behalf of the club?
I don't think anything sexual is going on , that kind of talk you sound like one of that other mob , but what I would like to hear & most bears would like is for him to be more vocal let the support know the stand that the club are taking .

The only way to get them to comply is to hit them in the pocket, quite happy to give us extra tickets to fill their stands that their own fans can't. I know this wont happen but it would be good to make an example of a few clubs to see how they would react.
Until we hit them in the pocket nothing will change. We need to unite for a season or two and stop giving the blue pound to the other clubs. Sacrificing away game tickets is the only way to go for starters.

The OP hits a bullseye with the question it asks. However nothing to do with this week.

Never been convinced this guy is anything more than an administrator who barely makes a serious decision or has any strategy of his own. Others in the club make the decisions and he is the public face. I get his remit will go beyond that but ultimately we are paying a high salary to someone who doesn't add any value unless someone can point out some major thing he has done?

The fact he sat through the Pedro appointment and came out of it scot free shows how pointless his role is in major terms.

Bottom line is most of us don’t have a clue what is going on behind the scenes and how much action is being taken.

Would much rather we conducted ourselves like decent, honourable human beings than how they typically go about their business.

The OP hits a bullseye with the question it asks. However nothing to do with this week.

Never been convinced this guy is anything more than an administrator who barely makes a serious decision or has any strategy of his own. Others in the club make the decisions and he is the public face. I get his remit will go beyond that but ultimately we are paying a high salary to someone who doesn't add any value unless someone can point out some major thing he has done?

The fact he sat through the Pedro appointment and came out of it scot free shows how pointless his role is in major terms.
How do you know Robertson didn’t advise King that Pedro was the wrong choice?

You don’t.

What exactly do you want from him publicly? A strongly worded statement that makes us look like petty children?

He is playing a long game, and hopefully a few folk looking silly if we lift the title. Which i’m pretty hopeful would shake up change in the governance.

Bottom line is most of us don’t have a clue what is going on behind the scenes and how much action is being taken.

Would much rather we conducted ourselves like decent, honourable human beings than how they typically go about their business.

Agree with this, to a degree.
Robertson went to Uni with a mate of mine, and their still friends now.
He's a very decent and competent guy, but I'm not sure he's cut out for the job we need him to do at RFC.
He's not making major, or football decisions, but generally overseeing the day to day running of the business, acting on the major shareholder's instructions. I feel we need a more aggressive political animal as MD, someone who can build relationships, predominantly with the aim of removing the current SPFL board. I think Robertson wants to do a competent job, and keep his head below the parapet. We need someone who is equally professional, but prepared to take the gloves off.
This can be done without stooping to the corrupt level of the beasts.
We need to lead Scottish football again, and promote the game in the interests of all clubs (Timmy aside :) ).

Last edited:
Always struck me as a wet blanket of a guy.
You know him then, have you met him personally,I'd say you must have to form the wet blanket opinion, I'd love to know what led you to that conclusion.

Just to be clear I believe he does a good job for the club, because he is not screaming from the roof tops, doesn't mean he is doing nothing.

Agree with this, to a degree.
Robertson went to Uni with a mate of mine, and their still friends now.
He's a very decent and competent guy, but I'm not sure he's cut out for the job we need him to do at RFC.
He's not making major, or football decisions, but generally overseeing the day to day running of the business, acting on the major shareholder's instructions. I feel we need a more aggressive political animal as MD, someone who can build relationships, predominantly with the aim of removing the current SPFL board. I think Robertson wants to do a competent job, and keep his head below the parapet. We need someone who is equally professional, but prepared to take the gloves off.
This can be done without stooping to the corrupt level of the beasts.
We need to lead Scottish football again, and promote the game in the interests of all clubs (Timmy aside :) ).
Aye agree with this

He doesn't get a high salary IMO for he job he does

Back