The international break.

Bluethruandthru

Is it just me or do these only serve as a hindrance to our momentum when they come around. Given our interest in the national team is virtually zero these days I could see them far enough. It's sad to say but Scotland's international prospects mean nothing more than a disruption to Rangers progress in this league. We always seem to struggle to get back to the same levels we were at before the break and it's fkn irritating.

Hate them but not minding this one. Get rid of any niggling injuries and go again.

I take no interest in the National team. My main concern is if our players are in that squad getting injured. Especially with the run of games coming up.

Is it just me or do these only serve as a hindrance to our momentum when they come around. Given our interest in the national team is virtually zero these days I could see them far enough. It's sad to say but Scotland's international prospects mean nothing more than a disruption to Rangers progress in this league. We always seem to struggle to get back to the same levels we were at before the break and it's fkn irritating.
Totally agree. I’ve always been club first and foremost anyway but used to reasonably enjoy the internationals. Now because we’re generally enjoying our club football again and competing, and Scotland are the polar opposite, I have no time for the international break.

Two weeks of sheer torture then a return to a game on a shitey pitch with another team of hammer throwing thugs of limited ability.

I can’t stand these breaks I have zero interest in Steve Clarke and Scotland, they can both Phuck off.

If we had anything resembling a national team I might be able to build up some enthusiasm for these periods.

But as it stands all they do is stop me watching Rangers.

All the more frustrating when it’s a truly dismal Scotland side with very little to play for and there’s always the fear of our players picking up an injury.

Only redeeming feature from the lower leagues was still having a game during the international break

After Ross County, Porto, Hearts and Livingston it's come at a bad time as we've been playing top football.

We'll see if the international break has been any good for us in the way we start back up against Hamilton away.

After that it's a grueling round of fixtures up until the winter break so a wee break just now to recuperate may well be just what we need?

The break is needed with what we've got coming up. You can talk about the run of form we're in, but that's been pretty much going since the league started. Players need that short break before the amount of games until new year

In the past they've come at the right time but this one and the one last month have been pish and as you said stop our momentum. Thankfully it's not a overly difficult game coming out of the break

We come back to;

Hamilton away
Feyenoord away
Hearts home
Aberdeen away
Cup Final vs. bheggars
Young Boys home
Motherwell away
Hibs away
Kilmarnock home
Bheggars away

Winter Break. Rest will do some of them giid and hopefully get Jones back.

We come back to;

Hamilton away
Feyenoord away
Hearts home
Aberdeen away
Cup Final vs. bheggars
Young Boys home
Motherwell away
Hibs away
Kilmarnock home
Bheggars away

Winter Break. Rest will do some of them giid and hopefully get Jones back.

5 out of the next 7 away in the league is a shocker . I presume they are the opposite? At least our run from jan- match must be favourable

The only reason we have such an intense period is because of the number of breaks FFS

they should reduce them, make the international teams play 3 games per fortnight. Wed/sat/tues - they are essentially training camps for squads of 22 top players so there is no need for 2/3 days of recovery and fitness training before each match - they should be working on tactics and team familiarisation only

This one might not actually be so bad. However, there just appears to be far too many of them these days.

This one helps us out i feel, gives us a chance to refresh for the glut of away games coming up and find the focus required to do the business.

Also helps those rhats as well, hopefully a wee injury to their poofy french forward will %^*& them up.

Not one %^*& given for Scotland's qualification prospects...especially with that cvnt Clarke in the job.
I'd prefer it if we had league business at the weekend. International football in general is tedious, all the more so when it interrupts Rangers games.

Pretty sure Tav said yesterday that it gives some of the lads a chance to have a wee break and recuperate, it could be a good thing given the run of fixtures coming up. Other than away to Hearts, that mob have a pretty easy run of games up to the OF game.

On top of that, they can forget about the next 2 Europa league ties. Vital part of the season coming up for us, I'll be delighted if we are still neck and neck come the match in December.

It seems like there has been one every 2-3 weeks this season.

I don't mind it as it's giving our players a chance to recuperate inbetween what is a hectic schedule for us.

Gives us the chance to get Kent fully up to speed, and the likes of Jones back in to the squad as well as more work on the training pitch together.

In one sense I am sick of them and in another it means the player can get some recovery time. I do worry for the players that are away. Jack,Alfie,Arfield. Part of me wishes they wouldn't bother.

The only positive is it will give some of our players a welcome rest. And with the game after the break away to Hamilton we could probably afford to give a further rest to any players who have been away on international duty if required.

5 out of the next 7 away in the league is a shocker . I presume they are the opposite? At least our run from jan- match must be favourable

Livingston (h)
Rennes (h)
Ross County (a)
Hamilton (h)
Cup Final vs us
Cluj (a)
Hibs (h)
Aberdeen (h)
Hearts (a)
St. Mirren (a)
Us (h)

They then come back to;

Kilmarnock (a)
Ross County (h)
St. Johnstone (a)
Hamilton (a)
Motherwell (a)
Hearts (h)
Aberdeen (a)
Kilmarnock (h)
Livingston (a)
St. Mirren (h)

All before the next league game against us. Let's hope Kilmarnock away after the winter break is a carbon copy of what happened to us last season.

After the winter break we face (all before the bheggars at Ibrox);

St. Mirren (h)
Hearts (a)
Ross County (h)
Aberdeen (h)
Hibs (h)
Kilmarnock (a)
Livingston (h)
St. Johnstone (a)
Hamilton (h)
Ross County (a)

Keeps coming at the exact wrong time for us. Only positive is Kent can get some time off to recover from his hamstring injury that worries me every time he sprints.

I would have been far better, from a Club perspective, if these breaks had been spread out more evenly between August-March rather than cramming them all into such a short period. Madness.

Internationals were played thought the season depending on the country i.e a European side played in sat September and October then February while a South America country could play in September November and April

The current system stop that after complaints from the clubs due to the way club football is organised these days throughout the world. FIFA along with relevant confederations sorted out a fixed schedule the International calendar is fixed until 2024

Nowadays International football isn't a big thing IMO

If we didnt have the el games that would be different,but this is going to the last game. Considering we cant really have a break in the league for not wanting to fall behind celtic I think the breaks have been good for us.

I genuinely couldn't tell you who Scotland were playing this week. A fairly shit state of affairs these days.

Back