The Invincibles- We Should Make More Of It

cooprfc

Imo we haven't been making the most of the fact that we are invincibles.

We should be mentioning it at every opportunity.

2 defeats in games plus a further penalty shootout loss all season in all competitions is one of the best records of any football club anywhere ever.

55 is the number that really effs up the minds of the Nationalist.

They have been wearing badges with 45 on them after the last referendum, representing the popular vote for independence.

Now there's flags, badges, t-shirts and flags with 55 on them. Union flags with 55 on them.

And they absolutely hate it.

I’m raging the club didn’t tweet UnbeaTEN! at full time on Saturday!

Though the pictures of the trophy in red, white and blue help.

2 defeats in games plus a further penalty shootout loss all season in all competitions is one of the best records of any football club anywhere ever.
3 strange games when you look back at them

Its literally everywhere :D

I'm really not seeing it. Seeing Relentle55 a lot which is great and we had The Invincible Season on the billboards on Saturday.

But it's not being hammered home enough for me.

I want a full Castore range and then another one for "the week after we became invincible" and so on.

I'm really not seeing it. Seeing Relentle55 a lot which is great and we had The Invincible Season on the billboards on Saturday.

But it's not being hammered home enough for me.

I want a full Castore range and then another one for "the week after we became invincible" and so on.

I've hardly seen much either. Well, apart from Rangers advert on the world's tallest building

I understand it, but I don't love that it's a name that has been used before.

Although I do love their retrospective gerrymandering:

"Aye well, we stole it fae Arsenal, and they used it after being unbeaten in the league, but not the cups, but you lost in the "mickey mouse cups" but now we are the arbiters of this term that we stole and domestic cup games totally count even though they didn't when Arsenal coined the term, but losing to a team from Gibraltar or Israel or losing 9-0 over two games against Barcelona doesnae count, but two injury-time defeats in cup games totally does so ye cannae be invincibles, cos we pure said so, n'at. An yer Sevco an all because a club is nothin' but a company number, we've always pure said that too"

I actually like the "Invince-blues" that one of the papers used. I'd rather not use a second-hand term.

Celtic went unbeaten in a league season with no real competition. Our average XI included the likes of Rob Kiernan, Danny Wilson, Lee Hodson, Jason Holt & Joe Garner. Nothing personal against any of them but they're mid-table material at best.

We went unbeaten in a league containing the team that were the dominant force in the country at the time, arguably the best Hibs side in over a decade, and every team going all out to stop our run. We did it whilst competing in Europe until March too, and amazingly didn't lose a match in Europe until March, winning the vast majority of them.

Celtic went unbeaten with a defence containing Lustig, Boyata/Simunovic and Sviatchenko. They regularly got ragdolled in Europe. Enough said.

I’m afraid to tell you my sons under 9s team won the league on Sunday, they had a 100% record, never drop a point all season. It’s totally overshadowed out “invincibles” season!!!

Looking forward to Liam McLeod alternative between champions and invincible every time he talk about us this summer

55 is the number that really effs up the minds of the Nationalist.

They have been wearing badges with 45 on them after the last referendum, representing the popular vote for independence.

Now there's flags, badges, t-shirts and flags with 55 on them. Union flags with 55 on them.

And they absolutely hate it.
The glorious coincidence that the number 55 has destroyed the SNP / Celtic hoardes (which is to say almost all Celtic fans) in 2014 and 2021 :))

I never clicked until now!

Personaly hate the term 'invincibles'. So Timmy/ Sports Direct.

Gets under my skin.

Market '55' as that is what the season will always be remembered as.

Rangers - Invincibles 2020/21

It’s there in the history books for all time lads.

Very fitting that it delivered 55 and killed ‘the 10’ with the same single shot.B-D:shh:

We're not real invincibles though, apparently you have to take some humongous beatings in Europe to qualify as "real invincibles".

I don't agree. It's tremendous league form but I want us racking up more than just the League in the coming years in an ideal world. I'd of munched my own fingers to win the League and nothing else this year, but generally, it's time to keep the distance. Trophies mean more. I want to shake all three trophies in their 19th Century Terrorist faces. 55 is 55 and the team deserve huge credit, but we've got work to do. Gerrard knows this. :)

I don't agree. It's tremendous league form but I want us racking up more than just the League in the coming years in an ideal world. I'd of munched my own fingers to win the League and nothing else this year, but generally, it's time to keep the distance. Trophies mean more. I want to shake all three trophies in their 19th Century Terrorist faces. 55 is 55 and the team deserve huge credit, but we've got work to do. Gerrard knows this. :)

Arsenal got called 'Invincibles' when they went unbeaten in the league, so the same can be done for us. But yes, more trophies would have been better!

Back