The January window

Wallce and Sadiq out.

Solanke and a LB in that will be it till the summer.

Unless we get a big money Bid for Morelos or Tav.

It sounds to me that ra sellik are buckling under their wage bill. Brenda said yesterday they are going to have to trim the squad in Jan as they have too many players. He then repeated the statement.

Apparently the ones they want to shift won't go and will apply themselves to the letter of their contract. Brenda also let that one go.

I’d like Bosmans secured.

Not sure who is out of contract apart from Wallace but I’d imagine we’d inform them they aren’t needed.

Can’t see us selling (key players) unless we’re out of Europe and it’s a mental bid.

Would like a striker in to help as sadiq hasn’t done it yet.

If we can get 2 or 3 quality Bosmans as we did this year that would be excellent.

If you look to next season I would also add a box to box midfielder Recoba.
For these games v the tough guys like Livi a bit of extra energy would help. Esp as we don’t know if we are keeping Coulibaly but even if not just to have more squad depth.

I think Ivanusec can supply those other qualities you speak of.
Yea agreed mate, it might not happen in January.

I dont even want to think about losing Lassana, Kent and Ejaria for next season :(

Yea agreed mate, it might not happen in January.

I dont even want to think about losing Lassana, Kent and Ejaria for next season :(

Agree. They’ve been a massive ‘bonus’ to us. I think we couldn’t have hoped that they would have been as integral to our performances as they have been Recoba.

Agree. They’ve been a massive ‘bonus’ to us. I think we couldn’t have hoped that they would have been as integral to our performances as they have been Recoba.
Thankfully we are now operating in a quality manner and mot signings should hit it off, there will always be one or two who dont impress but its a huge step up from what we have ben used to.

I could live with it if we get Kent but i would miss Ovie and Lassana aswell.

Steven Davis still not playing much for Southampton. Out of contract in the summer, would like to see a move for him.

33 but a few good years left in him.

A tight Midfield 3 with;
Jack/ Couibally/ McCrorie - CDM
Arfeild/ Ejaria - LCM
Davis/ Dorrans- RCM

playing to a wide attacking 3
Kent/ Middleton - AML
Candias/ Grezda - AMR
Morelos/ Lafferty/ Sadiq (solanke?!?) - CF

Lots of quality in there. Feel that you could really play any selection of that (minus Sadiq) and not see the standard drop wildly!

Solanke would be a Loan for definite not sure about the cost of Ivanusec

The boy will never get a place in Liverpools first team, like many other very good young players attached to big clubs in the EPL.
Ive a feeling S.G.will return to Klop to borrow another couple of players in the Jan.window.

If Sadiq leaves, we'll need another striker.

In summer, we were said to be looking at Elvir Koljic, who played for FC Krupa. This season he seems to have scored 8 goals in 7 league games for Krupa, before being transferred (for about 400k) to Craiova, for whom he's scored 4 in 4. Maybe not top leagues, but a decent scoring record.

Another guy we were supposedly looking at, Armin Hodzic, isn't doing so well this season. Signed for Vidi, seems to have been left out of the squad a couple of times, on the bench for a few other games. He's played 6 with no goals.

Last edited:
Can't see us making much movement in the January transfer window, but next summer will be a different matter. IMHO

Thankfully we are now operating in a quality manner and mot signings should hit it off, there will always be one or two who dont impress but its a huge step up from what we have ben used to.

I could live with it if we get Kent but i would miss Ovie and Lassana aswell.

I don’t think we’ll get Ejaria mate. Just a feeling I get. But I think Ryan could be on. Isn’t he close to his contract end ?
If the Coulibaly 4m e is true it’s a tough one but I’d love us to be able to afford him.
It’s a lot for us unless we were to get a big fee for Alfie or Tav or Goldson I’d guess ?

If Sadiq leaves, we'll need another striker.

In summer, we were said to be looking at Elvir Koljic, who played for FC Krupa. This season he seems to have scored 8 goals in 7 league games for Krupa, before being transferred (for about 400k) to Craiova, for whom he's scored 4 in 4. Maybe not top leagues, but a decent scoring record.

Another guy we were supposedly looking at, Armin Hodzic, isn't doing so well this season. Signed for Vidi, seems to have been left out of the squad a couple of times, on the bench for other. He's played 6 with no goals.

Yes, Koljic should be achievable fee & wages wise. I’d support that & think he’d give us a bit different from Alfie & Laff.

Reactions: SDR
Unless something drastic changes between now and January, get shot of Wallace and Sadiq; add cover up front and at left back. That's realistically all I'd expect, given the huge turnover in the summer. Other than those two there really isn't anyone in or around the first team squad I'd want shot of; maybe a few youngsters going out on loan.

If there's any possibility of making the loans of Coulibaly or Kent permanent, then I'd like us to explore those options in January too.

I don’t think we’ll get Ejaria mate. Just a feeling I get. But I think Ryan could be on. Isn’t he close to his contract end ?
If the Coulibaly 4m e is true it’s a tough one but I’d love us to be able to afford him.
It’s a lot for us unless we were to get a big fee for Alfie or Tav or Goldson I’d guess ?

I don't think Kent is that close to the end of his contract - think he signed it in 2017, before being sent to Germany on loan. However, neither of his two loan spells last season worked out, and he's at the age where Liverpool might be open to just selling him. (Especially as there's no chance he breaks into their first team squad.)

Might depend on injuries come the time as it could force us into the market for a player we wouldn't have intended to. I do think we need another striker however, as I don't think I'm being overly harsh to say Sadiq won't be a success for us.

Unless something drastic changes between now and January, get shot of Wallace and Sadiq; add cover up front and at left back. That's realistically all I'd expect, given the huge turnover in the summer. Other than those two there really isn't anyone in or around the first team squad I'd want shot of; maybe a few youngsters going out on loan.

If there's any possibility of making the loans of Coulibaly or Kent permanent, then I'd like us to explore those options in January too.

I don't think Kent is that close to the end of his contract - think he signed it in 2017, before being sent to Germany on loan. However, neither of his two loan spells last season worked out, and he's at the age where Liverpool might be open to just selling him. (Especially as there's no chance he breaks into their first team squad.)

Thanks mate. I read a post a few days ago & someone suggested his contract was close to the end. I was surprised but that’s why I asked.

If we got him on that basis that would be good. If we pay them a sell on fee it will be because we’ve made him a real player & we will make a good profit too.

I was one of the naysayers when we brought him in, based on the limited games I'd seen him in. I'm now convinced that, with a few 40 plus game seasons with us, he can develop into an English top flight player. His goals and assist numbers might not be what we expect of a winger - yet - but he offers so much more than that; wins us free kicks in dangerous areas, opens up space for others and moves into the centre to get involved in the build up to goals.

I was one of the naysayers when we brought him in, based on the limited games I'd seen him in. I'm now convinced that, with a few 40 plus game seasons with us, he can develop into an English top flight player. His goals and assist numbers might not be what we expect of a winger - yet - but he offers so much more than that; wins us free kicks in dangerous areas, opens up space for others and moves into the centre to get involved in the build up to goals.

I agree Graeme. The boy has almost improved by the match. At first I also thought he was limited but had a great attitude, but he’s really blossomed as he has been given playing time. I think many people feel similar to you.

This might not happen in January but we still need a real quality centre mid, someone with a real vision for through balls and who is extremely comfortable on the ball.

I know they dont come cheap.

I agree with this to an extent. I would like a real quality central/defensive midfielder who can mix it physically but also has the ability to dominate & influence the pace of games.

I've already stated Naismith but I'd like us to get Davis back again as he still has lots to offer and I believe he'd jump at the chance of coming back.

Back