The Juniors - 26th October 2019

I actually thought that the back line that Budgie picked when Murdie was on holiday looked the most confident: Gal at right back, Gerry and Danny in the centre and Sidey at left-back. I knew that he didn't like being dropped after he scored his o.g. but you've got to knuckle down and play your way back in.

I don't know if he spat the dummy at Beechwood as well but you're unlikely to play for bigger sides than Pollok and Talbot.

I won't pretend I know the full story as I don't. However, he was dropped after a poor game and seemed disinclined to buckle down and fight for his place.

I actually like Danny (apart from his choice of senior team). When he was with us I'd message him and he'd always reply. He was always good with the fans. When he wasn't playing I'd still message him telling him not to do owt stupid. My last text to him as a Talbot player was much the same - go to training, work hard and keep your head down and mouth shut. Next think I see is that he's off to the Roy :D :D the silly bastard. But he just wanted to play and he got that there.

I won't pretend I know the full story as I don't. However, he was dropped after a poor game and seemed disinclined to buckle down and fight for his place.

I actually like Danny (apart from his choice of senior team). When he was with us I'd message him and he'd always reply. He was always good with the fans. When he wasn't playing I'd still message him telling him not to do owt stupid. My last text to him as a Talbot player was much the same - go to training, work hard and keep your head down and mouth shut. Next think I see is that he's off to the Roy :D :D the silly bastard. But he just wanted to play and he got that there.
You whorin' yersel' to be the special guest speaker at the Rabs end of season bash Colin? ;)

I hear you re Boyle's choice of team. He had a profile piece in the programme last season where he said his favourite band were The Wolfetones. Tongue in cheek or not, needless to say, his card was marked from that point on.

You whorin' yersel' to be the special guest speaker at the Rabs end of season bash Colin? ;)

I hear you re Boyle's choice of team. He had a profile piece in the programme last season where he said his favourite band were The Wolfetones. Tongue in cheek or not, needless to say, his card was marked from that point on.

He was up against it at Pollok from the start after hospitalising a Lok player while at the Drabs surely?

I would love to see Talbot relegate the drabs tbh, a horrible place to go and watch a side managed by a total throbber.

He was up against it at Pollok from the start after hospitalising a Lok player while at the Drabs surely?

I would love to see Talbot relegate the drabs tbh, a horrible place to go and watch a side managed by a total throbber.
Aye, quite possibly mate. Some Pollok diehards didn't take to him. What's 'Maxi' done to get up yer hooter? Adamslie Park would been preferable to Guy's Meadow. The view isn't the greatest, decent bar though.

Aye, quite possibly mate. Some Pollok diehards didn't take to him. What's 'Maxi' done to get up yer hooter? Adamslie Park would been preferable to Guy's Meadow. The view isn't the greatest, decent bar though.

Nothing really but, looking on from the sidelines he just comes across as a moaning-faced cant - arguing for every decision, and it filters down through the team too. Most of their fans are dicks too. Except the guy with the wee dug called Archie :)

I was glad Cumbernauld didn't get promoted as going there twice in a season would be murder. However, an told Benburb/Rossvale isn't great for viewing? Our game v Rossvale was put off due to cup commitments which is a shame as the Gers were gonna be away that day. No doubt it'll either now be midweek or when Rangers are at home.

Nothing really but, looking on from the sidelines he just comes across as a moaning-faced cant - arguing for every decision, and it filters down through the team too. Most of their fans are dicks too. Except the guy with the wee dug called Archie :)

I was glad Cumbernauld didn't get promoted as going there twice in a season would be murder. However, an told Benburb/Rossvale isn't great for viewing? Our game v Rossvale was put off due to cup commitments which is a shame as the Gers were gonna be away that day. No doubt it'll either now be midweek or when Rangers are at home.
They all moan don't they. I must confess I've seen worse whingers in opposition dugouts than Stewart Maxwell. As for their fans - maybe the prolonged homelessness is contributing to their demeanour?

New Tinto is better than some though if you prefer to sit as opposed to standing as the stand gives a reasonable view. Luckily though, I haven't been to a Bens game or a Rossvale one yet in Craigton where the weather has been inclement. To be honest, there are few grounds I've been to where the view is very, very good. Meadow Park in the stand is great. Prestonfield trumps that with their stand because it's unrestricted. I dare say the stand at your place is decent the higher up you go. Newlandsfield's enclosure is banked enough to give a good view, although restricted depending on where you stand. I've not been brave enough to sit in the stand at Loch Park to attest to the view there. Most of the other clubs in the league have reasonable views with some slightly better than others. Notable mentions for Lochburn Park, Petershill Park and Saracen Park.

For me, if you can get a decent view, not get soaked, get some reasonable food and drink, make a donation to the opposition's coffers by way of a programme which isn't too much of a glorified local business gazetteer, see some good honest play, a few goals and hear some decent banter, then the junior ground-hopping experience will always be of interest.

Last edited:
Back