The lack of being able to hold the ball up front.

Dado’s Napper

It’s killing us and is a real reason we have struggled to get any sort of rhythm or cohesion in our play.

It’s one of the most basic but important things in a side it lets the team push up lets the midfield join the play but also pins the other team in.

Dessers just can’t hold it up that’s why it was constantly coming back.

We need forwards and ball carriers big time who can take the ball and play the game In the opposition half.

Dessers just isn’t good enough for us. (I know he scored today) but apparently games gone when we’re behind!
Sell him and Lammers and get Denkey and Shankland.

It’s killing us and is a real reason we have struggled to get any sort of rhythm or cohesion in our play.

It’s one of the most basic but important things in a side it lets the team push up lets the midfield join the play but also pins the other team in.

We need forwards and ball carriers big time who can take the ball and play the game In the opposition half.
100% agreed. Another one of Dessers weaknesses.
Circumstances considered I could never see us winning the league with Dessers up front.
If we had a better striker Celtic couldn’t have gone so hung ho going forward.They really didn’t need worry about us catching them on the break.

100% agreed. Another one of Dessers weaknesses.
Circumstances considered I could never see us winning the league with Dessers up front.
If we had a better striker Celtic couldn’t have gone so hung ho going forward.They really didn’t need worry about us catching them on the break.
No threat no pace and zero physicality it’s horrible

He is possibly the laziest player that has ever played for us

I will tell you what, I will say a lot about how hopeless Dessers is but the one thing he isn't is lazy.

We haven't been able to hold the ball at Parkhead since Morelos, and it runs in tandem with the awful run we have had vs them at Parkhead.

Roofe under GVB, Was like a man down
Colak under GVB/Beale was the same
Sakala under GVB was a bit better
Dessers under Clement has been hopeless

One of the problems under Dessers, and it's not an excuse as such, is the players either side and behind him have been utterly terrible at any attempt of support or pressing.

Either ways, we need far better than Dessers, Silva, McCausland and anything else we have in the wide areas, and I mean far far far fucking better.

He’s just not very good. Another stroll in the park for the Celtic centre halves.

3 accurate passes and 11 touches for a Rangers centre forward. Brutal. 1 touch inside the oppositions box and he’s scored from it.

Tough gig for Dessers when we had no midfield to support - he was left stranded most of the time

Agree that we need better but that must start with a solid defence and creative midfield

Harder to do when we love to give the goalie the ball. We are not good at passing and moving into space. Most of them are lazy and must be stupid too. Training must be a breeze.

Back