The Last Man Standing Competition 9 - Round 6

sonowilliam

POOL TOTAL

£715
We are playing for £715 in competition nine.

From the 12 who made it into round five and the second phase of the competition you were requested to select TWO teams per player and the following 11 teams were selected...

05 - Sheff Utd
04 - Aberdeen
04 - Wolves
03 - Leeds
02 - Celtic
01 - Arsenal
01 - Burnley
01 - Chelsea
01 - Man City
01 - Man Utd
01 - Rangers

And from the eleven teams selected only three were to let us down however this was sufficient to knock out eight players as follows...

Over at Bramall Lane highflying Sheffield United were playing hosts to struggling Brighton and Hove Albion with 5 of you on the home win,Stevens had the Blades one up on the 26th minute however only four minutes later it was one one wnen Maupay equalised for the visitors and that's how it finished - Sheff Utd 1 - 1 Brighton - And out went...

Baloo72
Deek - Previous winner
Dewhoa - Double champion
Lordlucan
Stokeloyal

At Pittodrie Aberdeen were playing Ross County and 4 of you fancied the sheep,Curtis Main had Aberdeen one in front after 28 minutes,four minutes later thet were down to ten men when Campbell received his second yellow and suddenly the dynamics of the game changed as County equalised through McKay ( 43 ) and it was the same player who stole the show with his second with only two minutes remaining - Aberdeen 1 v 2 Ross County - And out went...

Brothermoses
Deek ( again )
Dumbartonrock 2
Mitchellmccoist

And finally on Sunday at McDiarmid Park where 1 of you fancied the famous,the match finished two two but the least said about that game the better,anyway out went...

Dumbartonrock 2 ( Again )

So another 8 out which takes us up to 139 players lost in only five rounds.

Well done to the 4 who made it into round six,the share value currently sits at........

£178.75

==========================================================

THE FORMAT
That i am using..

1.League fixtures from the top two divisions in both Scotland and England.

2.Saturday and Sunday fixtures only.

3.No less than twenty fixtures.

THE RULES

LEVEL ONE

( rounds 1-4 )

Basic and simple...

1.Select a team,if it wins you are through.

2.You cannot select this team again.

3.You can edit your selection until kick off.

4.If your selected fixture is abandoned you carry through to the next round however you will be required to select an EXTRA team.

5.If your selected fixture is postponed you can either wait until the following round to pick an EXTRA ( as above ) or simply edit.

6.If you fail to enter you will be eliminated.

7.There can be no sharing of the pot at level one stage.if all players were to exit at a particular round then all who took part in THAT round would be immediately re-instated for the next.

LEVEL TWO

( Rounds 5 - 10 )

You are now requested to select TWO teams and from this round onwards you may be offered a share of the pot...

1.If both your selections win you go through to the next round or win the full pot if all of your opponents fail.

2.If only one of your selections win you may be offered a share of the pot ( pro rata ) or win the full pot if all of your opponents fail to get any selections correct.

.If all players fail to get any of their selections correct then all will be offered a share of the pot ( pro rata ).

4.If one player decides to take the share then all must take a share.

5.All players who are subject to a share will be alerted and a decision has to be made no later than Monday midnight.( If no decision is made we take it as read that you wish to continue ).

Arrive at round 10 and we have some very lucky/good players on our hands as in essence you have just completed a thirteen team accumulator.

All winnings will be paid out via bank transfer only ( the same as it came in ),i will message the winner(s) requesting their bank details and money will be transferred immediately.

On completion of each competition there will be a short pause ( about two weeks ) where we will offer places to other forum members who may be interested in coming in and adding to an already respectful pot.

With five pounds now released from every player the pool pot now sits at...

£0

SELECT TWO TEAMS TO WIN FROM THE FOLLOWING LIST - Do not include one that you have already chosen.

( All kick offs 15:00 unless otherwise stated )

SATURDAY 29th FEBRUARY

English premiership

Brighton v Crystal Palace - 12:30
Bournemouth v Chelsea
Newcastle v Burnley
West Ham v Southampton
Watford v Liverpool - 17:30

English championship

Hull v Leeds - 12:30
Blackburn v Swansea
Cardiff v Brentford
Fulham v Preston
Huddersfield v Charlton
Luton v Stoke
Millwall v Bristol City
QPR v Birmingham
Reading v Barnsley
Sheff Wed v Derby
West Brom v Wigan

Scottish championship

Alloa v Ayr
Dundee v Arbroath
Dunfermline v Dundee Utd
QOS v Morton

SUNDAY 1st MARCH

English premiership

Everton v Man Utd - 14:00
Spurs v Wolves - 14:00

Last edited:
THE PLAYERS

( 4 )​

@barcode - Dundee Utd - Nottm For - West Brom - Celtic - ( Chelsea & Wolves ) - ( Leeds & Liverpool )

@garyd22 - Man City - Nottm For - Celtic - Liverpool - ( Wolves & Arsenal ) - ( West Brom & Chelsea )

@rangersdaft - Man Utd - Nottm For - Celtic - Rangers - ( Man City & Wolves ) - ( Liverpool & West Brom )

@Scottm1872 1 - Man City - Nottm For - Celtic - Rangers - ( Leeds & Man Utd ) - ( Dundee Utd & Liverpool )

Last edited:
This set of fixtures are a killer for my gameplan. Leeds and Liverpool for me. All the best guys.

Just incase of a share of the pot this round,please take not that it's prioritised...

2 correct and your either through to the next round or you win the lot.

1 correct and you take priority over 0 correct.

If you all get zero correct all will be offered a share.

Therefore the share could possibly be more than the £178.75.

Good luck to you all.

Well done...

BARCODE

Competition nine champion

If you can message me your bank details i'll get your winnings sent across to you asap.

@barcode

Well done J and superbly played sir :))

Z
Hows about two teams from start just a thought love the comp.

It's an idea mate and i would certainly be up for it.

Also if at the final week of this season we have x amount of players still in...We share the pot.

The last thing i would want is for competition ten to drag on until next season.

Food for thought.

Also if at the final week of this season we have x amount of players still in...We share the pot.

The last thing i would want is for competition ten to drag on until next season.

Food for thought.

Sounds like a plan.

Well done Barcode, it’s a tough competition to win

Food for thought.

I would be up for this also

Having had a few days to think about it i'm going to leave it for just now,it's too tight of a schedule to re-group so many players.

What will happen next ?

July i will make a thread relating to competitions 10,11 and 12 for season 20/21.

It will therefore cost all players £15 for the three comps,my thinking is...The extra fiver/comp will cover us for times like NOW.

In essence it takes me a while to collect the cash with so many players on board,so ppl you have until the beginning of August to save £15 and then we go again :))

Cheers SoW; loved the comp this season;well done to the Bears who have won; looking forward to next season`s comps.... excellent stuff...

Back