The last man standing competition

I'll join in too if it's not too late

That's you added John,i'll be chapping your door soon :)

Anyway folks we still haven't made contact with T9ROW, so unless i do before the ko a week on Monday i'll hold onto his credit value of £20 and when he eventually gets in touch it will still be there for him to use and have the four go's ( obviously this will lessen the pot for competition 1 by a fiver ).

How many we got in total SOW?

We have 37 in total mate with another 20 on the list,the competition will definitely go out a week on Monday.

All those on the list will be contacted over the next few days,i've got one lad who has fully paid in but due to a cruise somewhere over the water may not come into the first competition,and if that is indeed the case the same will apply as above ( i've still to message him with regards :) )

But yeah we're looking in really good shape,i just need to contact Suck with regards to getting the competition stickied as the threads on here are dropping quicker than a hoors knickers.

Well this has been a nightmare. Forgot about it then sent a PM response and the forum got shut down!

I'm still in mate if there's space. I know how to get the details for your bank account from the old board but can't send it till Monday as in Spain!

Let me know, cheers :D

Well this has been a nightmare. Forgot about it then sent a PM response and the forum got shut down!

I'm still in mate if there's space. I know how to get the details for your bank account from the old board but can't send it till Monday as in Spain!

Let me know, cheers :D

That's fine mate,i was wondering where you got to,i'll stick you back on the list.

When payment's received i'll put you on the paid up list :)

I think the competitions starting from next weekends fixtures so you haven't missed anything.

So as of next weekend you'll pick a team each week until your knocked out or last man standing. Once someone wins it starts up again.

Any chance of a PM or post of what the rules are and how to make payment.

Thanks mate!

The rules are very simple...

It's based over four leagues...

EPL
English championship
SPL
Scottish championship

Only when played simultanously and Saturday/Sunday.

Select one team over a set amount of fixtures to win,if it does you are through to the next round however you cannot select this team again throughout the competition.

At level one you do not have the choice of select or twist ( one winner only ),for example in the early rounds you could quite easily have twenty plus players surviving until the fourth and all taking a nose dive.do you really want a twentieth plus share of the spoils ? What would happen in this case is that all twenty plus players would be brought back to life and offered a second chance by way of competing in the next round.

LEVEL TWO ( rounds 6 - 10 )

Is for the more advanced tipster and covers rounds 6 - 10..

If you're good enough ( or fortunate enough ) to reach this level you will be required to up the ante and select TWO teams with both having to win to carry you through.

At this level if all players should go out at the same round they will be asked that question??

1 - Stick ( accept a share of the spoils/pot )

Or

2.Twist ( go for glory and the jackpot )

If only one player chooses stick then all share the pot.

If at anytime your selection ( s ) is/are abandoned or postponed you will go through to the following round however you will be requested to select an extra.

The competition will be closely monitored at all times,if for example you select a team after KO you will be eliminated from the comp without question,if you select the same team twice you will be eliminated also.

The onus is always on the player to keep within the rules,let's not forget it's your cash that you're playing with here.

Last edited:
"Only when played simultanously"

Could you clear that bit up for me bud with regards to kick off times?

Which fixtures you can/can't pick?

You can edit your selection up until kick off time,the forthcoming thread will be in three parts..

1.The rools and the pot total .

2.The fixtures with ko times..

3.The players and their selections.

The follow up thread will run with a short summary who's through and who is out and any other mishaps,this will replace the rules as in week two i expect most to know them :)

Last edited:
"Only when played simultanously"

Could you clear that bit up for me bud with regards to kick off times?

Which fixtures you can/can't pick?

All leagues have to be active and only on a Saturday/Sunday,one league fixture makes that particular division active.

It really is that simple,it's up to player to make a plan of action and take note of the fixtures that lie ahead

That's fine mate,i was wondering where you got to,i'll stick you back on the list.

When payment's received i'll put you on the paid up list :)

Brilliant, thanks mate. Need to use that stupid calculator thing so will transfer when back.

Not sure if PayPal is another solution?

All leagues have to be active and only on a Saturday/Sunday,one league fixture makes that particular division active.

It really is that simple,it's up to player to make a plan of action and take note of the fixtures that lie ahead

Just PM me when you need the money wired over mate can it be done via bank transfer and will just state username on reference?

Just a wee update on this...

We now have 39 players fully paid in which gives us a pot total of £780 with a fiver released from every player per competition this means that so far we are playing for...

£195
per competition
A further twenty three forum members have now been messaged with regards payment,payment has to be made no later than Friday 15th the competition kicks off on the Monday 18th.

Quick heads up that I've got a WhatsApp group for this if anyone wants to head in. The purpose is for a reminder when the deadline is near, hopefully get a good bit of patter once the competition is heating up. Feel free to PM.

Edit; will need your number*

Disclaimer*: I won't share your details with anyone other than those already in the chat!

Last edited:
Payment made

Thanks mate cash received.

That's us hit the 1k mark :)

50 players are now fully registered for Mondays kick off where at the moment we will be playing for a very credible pool of £250 per competition of which they're four off.

Hopefully i've covered all the basis of the rules and format we are using, however if anyone has a question with regards please don't hesitate to either ask on this thread or if you prefer via private message - Thanks.

Can you pick any fixture in the selected leagues over that weekend or does it have to be Saturday 3pm kick off? Where it says games played simultaneously threw me so not sure. Cheers

Quick heads up that I've got a WhatsApp group for this if anyone wants to head in. The purpose is for a reminder when the deadline is near, hopefully get a good bit of patter once the competition is heating up. Feel free to PM.
think I have sent you a pm....but am keen on this

Back