The league cup

sammy1872

When the group stage came in wasn’t the point of it to help the European teams . Why do we just get a bye. Imo it would be great preparation. Doesn’t matter if it’s Clyde/Arbroath it’s competitive games. Wouldn’t that help the teams in Europe.

When the group stage came in wasn’t the point of it to help the European teams . Why do we just get a bye. Imo it would be great preparation. Doesn’t matter if it’s Clyde/Arbroath it’s competitive games. Wouldn’t that help the teams in Europe.

There was a thread on here yesterday listing 9/10 guys we had missing last night through injury.

And you are suggesting 4 extra games on pitches such as Bonnyrigg, Alloa, Peterhead, Buckie and Cowdenbeath?

I understand the sentiment but, that's a daft idea imo.

There was a thread on here yesterday listing 9/10 guys we had missing last night through injury.

And you are suggesting 4 extra games on pitches such as Bonnyrigg, Alloa, Peterhead, Buckie and Cowdenbeath?

I understand the sentiment but, that's a daft idea imo.
^ this

Not sure playing Clyde on a plastic pitch would have had us playing any better last night. Good chance we'd probably end up with additional injuries knowing our luck.

If we came in at the group stages of the League Cup then those games would replace our friendlies programme. Instead of playing the likes of Spurs, West Ham, Sunderland and Blackpool we'd be playing 4 games against lower League teams from the SPFL - and two of those games would be on pitches akin to a ploughed field or on plastic.

Counting our two BCD games we had played 5.5 matches going into last night.

The reason the European teams get a bye is down the scheduling of both

Do you want us to a fixture problem if drop down entry points in Europe?

If the Russian teams hadn't been banned we started in Europe 2 weeks ago

Last edited:
Can organise as many as you want but you still have 4 DMs on the park

This is the thing. I've seen loads of posts saying we were 'under-prepared' but, I just ain't buying that. We've went into this game with key players missing, that's undeniable but, the guys we did have available were set up in a ludicrous way. Even when changes did finally come the system remained the same.

It's a bad night for the manager and I don't think our pre-season had anything to do with it.

Back