The manager simply cannot escape criticism on the back of the last two results

Is it just the same old players though? I honestly thought when I saw Silvas reaction for to being subbed at the weekend even though he was fucking shocking that it might be the last we see of him but he starts tonight.

Mate tav hasnt passed a ball to a rangers strip in 2 games,goldson and lundstrum same old crap. We are having to play a rb at lb cauae yet again borna has chucked it. Roofe,jack on fortunes a week. Utterly sick of it.

Is it just the same old players though? I honestly thought when I saw Silvas reaction for to being subbed at the weekend even though he was fucking shocking that it might be the last we see of him but he starts tonight.
Aye, the spine and leadership team of Tav, Goldson and Lundstram.
Throw in the bag of frogs, Dessers, who we paid money for in the summer apparently and there is the core of the side.

Not for me anyway. Ross County and Dundee and we have witnessed two diabolical first half performances and the manager never made a single substitution at halftime in either game. Where was the manager that was brave enough to take Cantwell off before HT previously? He has moved Sima out of position despite him being our most dangerous forward.

Not much he can do about the players chucking it.

This lot can only perform when there is no pressure, there is a reason they did well when the manager came in, we were 7 points behind and expected to finish 2nd.

The second we go top they collapse.

He’s got a reaction out a group of losers and manged to put a good run of wins together until it really mattered and it’s back to normal. Same as previous manager. Only difference is this manager had easier semi and final in League Cup.

As usual, our support are so desperate for a saviour that he was being lauded as first real manager we’ve had since Walter etc, all nonsense.

Unless there’s complete turnover of our squad we’ll be back here with a new guy this time next year.

Last edited:
Big PC was working miracles with this lot we all said when he took us to the top of the league. Now this bunch of shysters revert to type and now it's all big PC's fault. Couldn't make it up.
You don’t think that he should have made subs at the weekend or at HT tonight? Do you know anyone that had Wright in their starting line up v the scum?

Getting us top of the league was all down to him but fucking it up is all down to the players? Come on to %^*&. We should never be taking 1/6pts from these last two fixtures ever.

Completely agree OP.

Talked a pile of shite about xG after the Motherwell game where I felt we were over run in midfield, fast forward 4/5 games and the same problems exist and he’s incapable of seeing it.

Add to that blind faith in 3 players, Dessers, Goldson and Lundstram and it’s a recipe for where we are.

Small mercy is we didn’t need to witness Dessers miss 3 first have chances to bury Dundee tonight.

It’s starting to feel like the manager has believed his own hype and is taking us for granted.

90% of his goodwill has evaporated in the last 10 days and he should be treading very carefully.

Not much he can do about the players chucking it.

This lot can only perform when there is no pressure, there is a reason they did well when the manager came in, we were 7 points behind and expected to finish 2nd.

The second we go top they collapse.
Of course he can do something about it he can make changes can he not? On Sunday we watched Lundstram chuck two of the three goals we conceded.

He started tonight’s game.

• Love
Reactions: dmg
Three poor team selections on the bounce.

Got his subs wrong on Sunday and tonight.
Not just team selections, his entire setup is horseshit and everyone knows how to play against us. His tactics seem to be play long to Sima and Silva and hope for the best.

Worse record than Beale so far and I genuinely can't remember a run of games as bad as this under Beale or Gio.

He worked wonders to motivate the team and get them in a race in the first place.

However, tactically we are abysmal, his starting lineups the last few weeks have been shocking, and his subs havent changed games.

Starting to worry.

Not the managers fault though. He needs a summer to get dead wood out and new lads in
These type pf posts worry me more than the lot that want manager out now.

Do you believe he is a good manager?

If so, help me understand why he cant get a tune out our entire squad to beat a team that 'just' managed to get into the top 6 playing for nothing when our title chances depend on it??

FYI i do believe he is decent but feck me , "not the managers fault" is utterly bizarre to say the least. Madness

You don’t think that he should have made subs at the weekend or at HT tonight? Do you know anyone that had Wright in their starting line up v the scum?

Getting us top of the league was all down to him but fucking it up is all down to the players? Come on to %^*&. We should never be taking 1/6pts from these last two fixtures ever.

Him not making subs at half time, when we were 1 nil up vrs RC, didn't contributed to being 2 - 1 down 5 minutes into the 2nd half. That was all on the players. And the ones I've mentioned before. Tav, Goldson and Lundstram.
This core group of players have done this time and time again. When the pressure is on they can't handle it. Gio, Beale (I glad he's gone by the way) and now big PC are feeling and have felt the sharp end of the stuck with thus bunch. As another poster said, don't know which thread it was on, but can you imagine this leadership team in a dressing room with Butcher, Gough, Goram and McCoist. They'd be dismantled.
Every manager will make mistakes but let's give big PC the benefit of the doubt until these 3, or at least 2 of them, and out the side and hopefully out the club.

There's an air of stubbornness setting in which I mentioned during the RC game. Seen that before..Also said tonight that he should've sent that same starting 11 out that got beat on Sunday and told them to go out and make the weekend's result right. Won't be a popular opinion I know.
On the whole though, I think we need to stick with him and hope he has the balls and the backing to rip this squad apart in the summer and then see what he's truly made of.

The manager changed it up, he started Roofe up front tonight, he probably should have started Rabbi too, but he can only piss with the cock he has.
The team/squad are in a bad place.
Motherwell at home was the kicker for me, that's when I thought to myself "we're in trouble here"

Teams have quickly found out his tactics. That lot were on course to destroy us until we changed things at half time but we have gone straight back to those tactics against Dundee and Ross county.

We need to adapt and not keep trying the same thing over and over when it’s not working

Not for me anyway. Ross County and Dundee and we have witnessed two diabolical first half performances and the manager never made a single substitution at halftime in either game. Where was the manager that was brave enough to take Cantwell off before HT previously? He has moved Sima out of position despite him being our most dangerous forward.
Celtic and county think his selection was wrong,
Celtic and county his selection was wrong, tonight I don’t think that was the case.

Him not making subs at half time, when we were 1 nil up vrs RC, didn't contributed to being 2 - 1 down 5 minutes into the 2nd half. That was all on the players. And the ones I've mentioned before. Tav, Goldson and Lundstram.
This core group of players have done this time and time again. When the pressure is on they can't handle it. Gio, Beale (I glad he's gone by the way) and now big PC are feeling and have felt the sharp end of the stuck with thus bunch. As another poster said, don't know which thread it was on, but can you imagine this leadership team in a dressing room with Butcher, Gough, Goram and McCoist. They'd be dismantled.
Every manager will make mistakes but let's give big PC the benefit of the doubt until these 3, or at least 2 of them, and out the side and hopefully out the club.
Of course it contributed. Did you miss Lundstram fail to chase a man back first half because he did it twice second half and both balls ended up in our net.

Of course it contributed. Did you miss Lundstram fail to chase a man back first half because he did it twice second half and both balls ended up in our net.
Ok, Lundstram is awful. That's been his deferred position 90% of his time here. But, is that not what I said. Him and Tav and Goldson are gone.

Perhaps he knows what is on the bench is no better than what's on the park? We have a squad of largely mediocre players. We knew that when he took over. I'm sure he knew it too. We need a clear out. Any questioning of the manager's position is frankly embarrassing. We can't rip it up and start again every year. At some point we need to recognise it's the players and not the manager (Beale excluded). I often wonder where we'd be if we'd just stuck with GvB and backed him in another couple of transfer windows. Worse off? I don't think so. Right now we need to stick with PC and let him build his own squad.

He’s not picking his best available side and he’s not making changes when he should.

He deserves plenty of criticism.

I’ll criticise the manager for the last 4 games, he has to take a share of the blame. But, the fact we were in a title race in March is something he gets a lot of credit for, comsiderimg what he walked into and the squad he has today.

He gets a pass from me no matter what happens this season, despite the recent past, he’s earned the right to have a pre season, couple of transfer windows at least, provided the board back him somehow.

We simply have to stick with him and back him into next season as a minimum.
Oh, and by the way, I won’t be surprised if it takes more than a season to get this half way sorted after the monumental mistake the board made with Beale and handing a rookie the keys to the safe.

The board need to fix their mistakes, a marketing director as CEO of Rangers Football Club operations needs to be corrected as well for this to work.

Ok, Lundstram is awful. That's been his deferred position 90% of his time here. But, is that not what I said. Him and Tav and Goldson are gone.
Right now make a case for Sima now being played out of position? That so many are willing to give the manager a free ride on the back of these decisions is mystifying to me.

Then we will go on to Wright starting v the scum.

Like Gio, Clement seems too always play with two '6's. I don't understand why he persits with Lawrence and Dowell there away from home, who both don't have the defence capacity's too play the role. Either put Raskin in there or play them in the natural position.

It doesn't then help matter when you play a striker LW and a RB at LB.

Too many players out of position is costing us the title imo.

Completely agree OP.

Talked a pile of shite about xG after the Motherwell game where I felt we were over run in midfield, fast forward 4/5 games and the same problems exist and he’s incapable of seeing it.

Add to that blind faith in 3 players, Dessers, Goldson and Lundstram and it’s a recipe for where we are.

Small mercy is we didn’t need to witness Dessers miss 3 first have chances to bury Dundee tonight.

At least Dessers, far from being a Rangers striker, gets into positions to score.

Roofe was once again non existent. Did he have a shot on goal, never mind a shot on target ?

Lawrence was struggling most the second half, he should have been off the park. He only gets paid thousands of pounds to be fit enough to play couple of games a week and he struggling, get him off and get him sold, pathetic.

Thought he was dire from minute 1, and has been consistently all season.

He did have the look of a broken man tonight. His mantra of utilising the whole squad is fine if you have good players throughout that squad.
We don't

If you told me 8 of them had been told last week they can leave in the summer, I’d believe you, that’s what it looked like tonight. Players simply are not good enough, the added pressure the title run in brings has proved too much to handle. Good players thrive, average players wilt. No surprise as most of ours either peaked 3 seasons ago or are damaged goods who’ve failed to make the grade elsewhere.

Perhaps he knows what is on the bench is no better than what's on the park? We have a squad of largely mediocre players. We knew that when he took over. I'm sure he knew it too. We need a clear out. Any questioning of the manager's position is frankly embarrassing. We can't rip it up and start again every year. At some point we need to recognise it's the players and not the manager (Beale excluded). I often wonder where we'd be if we'd just stuck with GvB and backed him in another couple of transfer windows. Worse off? I don't think so. Right now we need to stick with PC and let him build his own squad.

We certainly wouldn't be worse off if we had just stuck with GVB.
Beale was a disastrous appointment.

The same players letting us down over and over but it's simply not possible to overhaul the entire squad and most managers coming in will think "if I can get the best out of the experienced players then that's a big part of the battle".

Sure enough, we get the new manager bounce for a while. Then it goes to shit.

The biggest problem for me now is that, on paper, Clement is probably about as good as we are ever going to get as a manager. He's won titles before and managed decent clubs who are at about our level in terms of Europe (as in, we'd expect to compete with clubs of that stature).

If he's not the right guy for us now then where do we even go after this?

When players cannot match a run, find a pass or create chances they have been doing all season. He has an element of the blame but we have seen the same players bottle's crash year after year.

The measure of the man is having the balls to clear out these perennial losers
Cantwell, Raskin, Lundstram, Tavernier, Goldson, Roofe, Matondo, Souttar, Barasic, Lawrence, Yilmaz, Jack, Davies

Injuries aside, these same players finished the last half of the season very strong last year, far from bottle crashing. 2 draws, 1 defeat in last 23 games. A better transfer window and we'd have ran away with the league this year. Even then, Sterling, Butland and Sima were very good additions. Diomande too. Danilo you could add to that. Our European form shows there's a team there too. This recent slump doesn't feel like the Gio and Gerrard collapses?

Might sound a bit mental, but I reckon there's always been a disruptive clique running the dressing room. Our on and off form with different managers and at different times has never made much sense?

The way we were rotten under Gio, then all of a sudden a different team under Beale overnight. Then rotten under Beale, then all of a sudden a different team under Clement overnight. Mostly with the same core players. It wouldn't surprise me if it's just a group who take a disliking to a manager after a while and stir up the dressing room. Some people are just trouble in the workplace. Think they know better.

I think Sima is more effective through the middle,yes he has pace but not the trickery of a natural winger.

A team going out and returning those results (and performances) in a title race just has to invite questions of the manager.

Players are either average to below average and they have the mentality of a hormonal teenager, but, Clement presiding over that collapse is very worrying.

Seriously hehe you imagine anyone will escape criticism mate

Thats one of life’s guarantees you have missed

Back