The manager simply cannot escape criticism on the back of the last two results

He has a real problem coming up now…most of us as fans won’t accept:
a) Anything less than taking it to the last match (and he looks on seriously shaky ground for that)
b) Losing to Celtic again at the dump (see above, given recent ‘form’)
c) Not winning the Scottish Cup, and, given Celtic will likely make the final, see above.

The constant random rotation isn't helping either.

Sterling needs to be in midfield, the best games we had this season he was in midfield.

Dessers needs to start because the team is more familiar with his movement than Roofe's.

If Barisic is available and the manager doesn't want to start him then we need to figure out a solution to not playing with a left back instead of handicapping ourselves.

The time for rotation is over, we need to pick a solid set of players with a system that works for everyone. It's the SPFL ffs. We should be able to demolish every team outside the top 4 regardless of formation and tactics.
I’d bring back McCausland for energy and effort and put Sima on the left as that’s where he was most impactful. Agree totally re your other points.

Did he work wonders though?

He went on a run of beating “the rest” well outwith the worst Aberdeen side we’ve seen in years along with any other “big game’

His run was very Beale esque
This says more about the players thannit does the manager and those that cannot see that have very short.memories. it's been a trait of our squad gor years.

The players have let everyone down again, get to the summer and get as many out the door as we can and back the manager. We have seen what he`s capable of with mediocre players when he came in and they got the new manager bounce. He would also have thought most of our troubles were the injury list but he now has a good few of them back and has seen that they are not good enough. We needed Danilo and Cortes not Dowell and Lawrence but that`s where we are. It`s looking like a long few weeks till the end of the season given the evidence of the last few performances.

I think we obviously have to Clement time, as he inherited this team rather than built his own. But, my big concern is I’ve seen no real change of style or improvement in the basic footballing skill set from our players.

That’s purely on him and his/ourcoaches. He’s been here long enough to surely instil some sort of pattern or his preferred method of play.

Now again does this come back to the players we have (old dogs and new tricks things) or does the club have a preferred style that we adopt thru all age groups(if so I’m even more worried).

Posticoglu or however you spell it, came in to Celtic park and changed their style in a couple of months, and they battered most teams in Scotland usually early in games. Pace football, getting ball forward early, and wide for cutbacks to mobile dynamic strikers with supporting quick midfielders. Ok they struggled in Europe with that. But it totally worked here.

They didn’t spend a fortune on some of those players either. But they obviously went for a type in pace, decent skilled strikers and wingers. Allied with some mobile midfielders.

It’s not really rocket science and it’s blooming Scottish football. So Rangers should be treating rest of league with some contempt and going out to batter them also.

But I’m not seeing any real change in our style/approachand that’s been , `Gerrard, Gio, Beale and now Clement.

So is it the players over that time or some sort of club style/ethos.

He is doing the same actions that he done at Monaco.

Clement had one outstanding period at the end of his first season at Monaco.Played some exciting football but team selection was questionable at times.Notably failed to rally his side after key losses, which became decisively poor spells. He can't afford the same at Rangers.

Last edited:
Big PC was working miracles with this lot we all said when he took us to the top of the league. Now this bunch of shysters revert to type and now it's all big PC's fault. Couldn't make it up.

Not good eh it’s a strange mentality I must agree . Wouldn’t want colleagues like that in my workplace tbh

Did he work wonders though?

He went on a run of beating “the rest” well outwith the worst Aberdeen side we’ve seen in years along with any other “big game’

His run was very Beale esque
But with a very poor squad, that he had very little opportunity to change, as built by Beale.

Doesn't need to slaughter them, but should be saying 5 points in 15 is not acceptable. Instead he's saying we were unlucky and he got a reaction etc
Actually what I seen he made reference to the previous to this match which is consistent with his one game at a time philosophy.

That to me can be defended .

If podders want to ask about a run of games we would I assume get his position in that too .

He did have the look of a broken man tonight. His mantra of utilising the whole squad is fine if you have good players throughout that squad.
We don't
I think they are individually better than they have shown in this series of games but aren’t yet fit eg Roofe lastnight surely he is better than that where Lamie wins the head to head AB’s whoever played Cantwell too eg cruised it he was left looking like he had lost his focus entirely .

Generally imo we have players who can’t win head to heads 70% of the time in domestic games yet we need them to be more like 90% .

I say there are players who aren’t Rangers players all over that squad

We certainly wouldn't be worse off if we had just stuck with GVB.
Beale was a disastrous appointment.

The same players letting us down over and over but it's simply not possible to overhaul the entire squad and most managers coming in will think "if I can get the best out of the experienced players then that's a big part of the battle".

Sure enough, we get the new manager bounce for a while. Then it goes to shit.

The biggest problem for me now is that, on paper, Clement is probably about as good as we are ever going to get as a manager. He's won titles before and managed decent clubs who are at about our level in terms of Europe (as in, we'd expect to compete with clubs of that stature).

If he's not the right guy for us now then where do we even go after this?
Never understand fans who never Q themselves to the same degree as the manager and players tbh .
It’s all about expecting them to be super human meanwhile they blurt out stuff like play such n such LB or there’s too many changes or they somehow dream that when a guy is ruled out you can just plug another guy in without there being consequences elsewhere in the patterns we will play .

Mind numbing

If you told me 8 of them had been told last week they can leave in the summer, I’d believe you, that’s what it looked like tonight. Players simply are not good enough, the added pressure the title run in brings has proved too much to handle. Good players thrive, average players wilt. No surprise as most of ours either peaked 3 seasons ago or are damaged goods who’ve failed to make the grade elsewhere.
Agents will have been asking and getting vibes for next season no doubt totalling up the said and the unsaid as we all do .

I’m starting to whet my lips at the cull tbh

I have to say i was hoping for an improvement with our set pieces and even our throw ins and have found his team selections recently bizarre.Scott wright starting against them,Lawrence starting when hes clearly struggling and sticking in Dowell against Ross County on the strength of a reasonable 15 minutes against them are some of the things i would question.

When players cannot match a run, find a pass or create chances they have been doing all season. He has an element of the blame but we have seen the same players bottle's crash year after year.

The measure of the man is having the balls to clear out these perennial losers
Agreed, needs to drop the serial bottle merchants too though. I’m sure we would be more understanding if he did drop messers Goldson, Tav, lundstrum and brought in youth who actually tried their hearts out rather than us witness the absolute diabolical gash we have seen the past few games.

Sterling was caught too narrow multiple times tonight.

I’ve no idea where the notion that he can play LB has come from. He’s looked awkward as hell in there.
Agreed. A powerhouse in midfield but play him at lb and our whole shape is gone. We literally do nothing down the left side with Sterling at LB. It’s not his fault but he just simply isn’t suitable or comfortable playing at LB

I dont think he has done great with past two games however he has possibly got every bit from this squad that they are capable of,

it will be interesting to see what he does come summer. However he needs to make changes for Sunday. If he continues with the likes of goldson, tav, lundstram then i will start to worry

I’d bring back McCausland for energy and effort and put Sima on the left as that’s where he was most impactful. Agree totally re your other points.
I agree but I don't see him dropping Silva despite him being worse than Sionko.

Agreed.

He now needs to realise he has to be absolutely ruthless in the summer and punt the players who will otherwise guarantee his sacking.

I believe he knows this and will act accordingly.
He has no choice but to punt them in the summer or he'll end up like the last couple of managers. The squad is rotten right now and needs a complete refresh.

Clement just embarrassing himself in his post match interview, “players gave everything” and “we had enough chances to win the game”, just straight up lying
He has to publicly protect players or it would definitely get worse hard though that is to believe.
All of them would completely down tools and he has to work with them for the rest of the season and some next season.

He has to publicly protect players or it would definitely get worse hard though that is to believe.
All of them would completely down tools and he has to work with them for the rest of the season and some next season.
Last nights performance suggests they’ve already downed tools, I feel a lot in this squad need a public scolding, they’ve been protected by the last 2 managers and look how that’s worked out.

If the team, under 3 different managers, is disjointed and struggles, when do you stop blaming the manager?

The in field leader is the one consistant through these 3 managers.
Up to the managers to change things around.Something they seem loathe to do.

Back