The most annoying football songs

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTLAND
SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTLAND

no really much of a song to be fair but has always pissed me off

This annoys me too, especially when we may say of someone, "He came when duty called" but don't use that in the song. Baffling.

As an aside, I get grumpy when fans of other clubs ask why we sing about 'Battles in Ireland in the 17th Cent'. The fuckers forget that the revolution of 1688 was a fight for the whole of Britain's future - the outcome of which we are all grateful for.

Civil and religious liberty for all.

Kind of goes against the motto of "let the others come after us ,WE welcome the chase"

Not really. Not everything we sing has to have some sort of deeper meaning and relate to everything that's ever happened in the club.

We welcome the chase is a quote from around the 1930's, Singing we will chase them everywhere in a total different context doesn't change anything.

The Villa one is even worse, given its in a screeching Brummie accent.

And nothing makes me cringe more than some generic English team's fans singing "They're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen." Give over. I could throw in "Que sera sera, whatever will be will be, we're going to Wember-ley" into that mix aswell. The lack of imagination is astonishing.
Not a huge amount of brummies in the villa support mate, more likely to be from the leafy towns and villages of Staffordshire and Worcestershire. Agree with you re them singing that girly screech though.

Not a huge amount of brummies in the villa support mate, more likely to be from the leafy towns and villages of Staffordshire and Worcestershire. Agree with you re them singing that girly screech though.

Every brummie i know supports Villa, but fair enough. :))

We are going up, say we are going up

All in all, English football patter is cringe-worthily bad

The hundreds/thousands of people streaming out the stadium early

If this was sung only when we were losing and people started to leave then you could kind of understand it to a degree - but it's sung when we are horsing teams and the stadium is full. It's sung at away grounds when teams take the lead against us and the Rangers end is full and the home end is nowhere near it.

It is utter toley sung by morons.

"We are staying up....we are staying up.
We are staying up, l said we are staying up"
Ironically sung in a packed stadium by 'fans' of a team who have just escaped relegation by a bawhair, and have played infront of half empty stadiums all season until that particular game.
No mark fuds.

"By far the greatest team, the world has ever seen"

Sung by every single team in England.

Was just coming on to post this, watching the arsenal chelsea game and the arsenal fans are singing it. An absolutely shite song that i cannot stand.

Every and all 'ultras' songs, including the UB's songs (sorry, but 'every Saturday we follow' is pish)

Pretty much any song sung by English fans. 'Up the football League we go' is really irritating

Back