The Motherwell non sending off

Professor Yaffle

Official Ticketer
We have got worse since that surprise loss where a violent tackle went unpunished. Cost us a player through injury and probably the match.

Our downturn in form cannot be blamed on that however so many instances throughout the season which have cost us dear.

These things don't equal themselves out.

Non goal v beggars at Ibrox. Ridiculous non penalty at Parkhead etc etc.

We just allow it to happen time and again.

Lundstram is an idiot but the Motherwell tackle that day.was as bad.

Then Collum and his attitude and antics yesterday.

It's hard enough winning games on merit but when it's rigged from the off, the game is a bogey .

We meekly accept it and move on. That's worked out well.

Sickened by our recent form but also by the tims getting favorable calls week after week from their fans with whistles and complicit cowards.

Scottish football is reeking.

Last edited:
We have got worse since that surprise loss where a violent tackle went unpunished. Cost us a player through injury and probably the match.

Our downturn in form cannot be bksmrd on that however so many instances throughout the season which have cost us dear.

It's hard enough winning games on merit but when it's rigged from the off, the game is a bogey .

Sickened by our recent form but also by the tims getting favorable calls week after week from their fans with whistles and complicit cowards.

Different referee and different opinion.

Happens in every league.

I don't disagree that it wasn't a red card against Motherwell but every league you see two similar tackles or handballs and one will go unpunished.

We can't keep blaming referees for our players being utter failures.
Not with VAR in operation you shouldn’t,how are we to believe someone looked at that and deemed it not dangerous play when comparing it to Lundstram yesterday.

I don't disagree that it wasn't a red card against Motherwell but every league you see two similar tackles or handballs and one will go unpunished.

Only footage of it to refresh my memory?

im not solely blaming referees as we're not very good however you cannot ignore the fact they've now had major decisions go in their favour in all the OF games this season, not one single decision has not went their way.

They were also being beat by the sheep, should've had a man sent off where the ref ignores it and books miovski, they then score. The blatant handball against killie that shouldve seen their RB sent off and a penalty plus a load more other decisions.

With fair officials i doubt they'd be in front of us however we still need to be a lot better.

im not solely blaming referees as we're not very good however you cannot ignore the fact they've now had major decisions go in their favour in all the OF games this season, not one single decision has not went their way.

They were also being beat by the sheep, should've had a man sent off where the ref ignores it and books miovski, they then score. The blatant handball against killie that shouldve seen their RB sent off and a penalty plus a load more other decisions.

With fair officials i doubt they'd be in front of us however we still need to be a lot better.
We only had to beat Dundee and Ross County.

The officials aren't to blame for our capitulation this season.

Our downturn in form cannot be bksmrd on that however so many instances throughout the season which have cost us dear.

I keep thinking about this incident as well,makes it worse that the offender scored the winning goal.
It’s all ifs and buts but beating Motherwell would have kept the momentum from beating Hearts and Killie,probably just torturing ourselves though

That’s not what we are talking about though and nearly everyone agreed after it should have been a Red card .
There are a lot of incidents with VAR where everyone agrees on what the outcome is but we are constantly using it as an excuse for our failures.

we've had our shortcomings in games where it shouldn't have happened this season but apart from the Hearts game, they've had no major decisions against them

can whinge about our team but it doesn't help where the opposition you are fighting against gets cheap points because of "decisions"

Reactions: ao2
Yet again that’s not what we are talking about.
In the grand scheme of things that is where we have failed.

Cry about VAR and referees all you want but we clawed it back to be in a position where we could go 5 clear and we blew it.

Corrupt refereeing and VAR would never have allowed us to get into that position.

There are a lot of incidents with VAR where everyone agrees on what the outcome is but we are constantly using it as an excuse for our failures.
This thread is comparing two tackles one which was dealt with by VAR and one that actually resulted in a player going off injured where VAR decided not to intervene ,it has nothing to do with our abject failures.

This thread is comparing two tackles one which was dealt with by VAR and one that actually resulted in a player going off injured doing where VAR decided not to intervene it has nothing to do with our abject failures.
Yes and I've already stated it's purely about one opinion against another opinion.

It's pointless comparing the two unless it was the same officials.

With regards Dundee and their repeated failure to have a playable pitch then yes, I do think you can blame officials for that. The football authorities should have came down tougher on Dundee after the 2nd call off and their 2nd breach of the rules and failure to fulfil their match quota. If Dundee had a playable pitch and the match had gone ahead when it should have, I think we would have beaten them and taken all the points and then gone in to the O/F match ahead of the tramps

With regards Dundee and their repeated failure to have a playable pitch then yes, I do think you can blame officials for that. The football authorities should have came down tougher on Dundee after the 2nd call off and their 2nd breach of the rules and failure to fulfil their match quota. If Dundee had a playable pitch and the match had gone ahead when it should have, I think we would have beaten them and take all the points and then gone in to the O/F match ahead of the tramps
I wholeheartedly agree with that.

The SFA are spineless in that regards.

It was a blatant red card ignored by officials. It may or may not have changed our position in the league but it’s was clear as day some officials were not applying the rules for reasons known to them and maybe a few others.
It was a game changing decision and the assault deprived us of a player nearing his peak.
No one is saying it cost us the league but it certainly was a hindrance.

You’re right here.
However the suggestion that different referees having different opinions might also be true but it seems we’re all too often on the wrong side of these opinions.
The list against us has been typed up often enough but, how many instances this season can you think of where you’ve thought “another referee would have given us that”?
How many times have you thought “we got off with one there”?
How many times has a referee given a decision and VAR has suggested a review only for the referee to stick by his original decision?
We can’t blame referees for our failings but, we’ve seen, too many times this season, referees instinctively go against us.
VAR penalties, Silva (not) diving.
We’re up against it before a ball is kicked.

Spot on. Far too many of our squad have an accepting “ach well” if things aren’t going our way, be that in terms of results or refereeing decisions.

Our capitulation in recent weeks was, for myself, encapsulated by Lawrence’s sub appearance vs. Dundee. A must win game, almost do or die in terms of our title challenge. He comes on with 15-20 minutes left and spends the entire time casually jogging around. Not bothering to match the runs of the opposition he’s meant to marking and challenging. Making zero effort to get forward and support team mates. An utterly embarrassing contribution you would’ve thought any professional sports person would be ashamed of.

I get the OPs point to an extent however every team has decisions go against them, we just make it far too easy for refs to do so and for me it’s back to too many of the squad not giving a shït. Look at yesterday. Our only genuine hope of getting back into the game (and winning it, not just scraping a useless draw and a point) in the second half was to try and somehow manufacture a red card for them. Target their guys on yellows. Draw fouls. Deliberately take the odd sore one. Get in the refs face about it. We do none of that!

15 minutes to go, McGregor already on a yellow, clatters one our players on the half way line, not a whimper from any of our players on the park.

Yesterday’s penalty was a joke of a decision and a similar foul up the other end goes for a VAR review and it’s getting overturned all day long. A battling performance yesterday and a decent result would’ve meant we could’ve shouted from the rooftops about it and the similarity with the challenge that led to our goal in the first OF being chopped off.

However we cant! Because a team with a heavy sprinkling of shïtebags put in an all too predicable, abject performance where they chucked it as soon as they went behind and a supposed experienced lynchpin of both the midfield and the entire team sold the jersey at not just one but two vital points in the game.

When we're saying we lost to Motherwell at Ibrox because they didn't go down to 10 men, it starts to sound pretty pathetic.

Yes and I've already stated it's purely about one opinion against another opinion.

It's pointless comparing the two unless it was the same officials.
It shouldn’t matter who the Officials are anyone who was on VAR that day clearly got it wrong,I have not heard one person look at that and say anything other than a straight Red,the fact Ref never even gave a foul shows how much a clear and obvious error he made the VAR officials should be made explain themselves it’s as black and white as you can get it regardless if the Officials are different from other incidents.

When we're saying we lost to Motherwell at Ibrox because they didn't go down to 10 men, it starts to sound pretty pathetic.
There's definitely an argument to be made that it didn't help. Also having to take off an in form McCausland as a direct result of it didn't help either.

There's definitely an argument to be made that it didn't help. Also having to take off an in form McCausland as a direct result of it didn't help either.
Certainly didn't help. But my point is we shouldn't need any help to beat 11 man Motherwell at home when we're going for a title.

It shouldn’t matter who the Officials are anyone who was on VAR that day clearly got it wrong,I have not heard one person look at that and say anything other than a straight Red,the fact Ref never even gave a foul shows how much a clear and obvious error he made the VAR officials should be made explain themselves it’s as black and white as you can get it regardless if the Officials are different from other incidents.
Unfortunately football isn't black and white and I do believe VAR made a mistake.

Unfortunately football isn't black and white and I do believe VAR made a mistake.
When it comes to some incidents it is how anyone cannot see the Casey tackle as anything other than dangerous and reckless well they are playing with another set of Rules to the game or is it cheating because it wasn’t a honest mistake.

At no point have i said the officials are to blame for our capitulation but they have influenced us in a massively negative way in the old firm games this season, do you agree?

At the same time they've failed to send off celtic players for a 2nd bookable offence against the sheep, awarded them two penalties against hibs while failing to give hibs a penalty, no penalty to killie for a blatant handball etc

We arent very good however we are being shafted.

A corrupt group of referees would never allow us to get in a position to go 5 points clear.

Why didn't the same group of refs stop us from winning 55? Or the League cup? Or the Scottish Cup?

A long hard look in the mirror is required.
Look at last week, celtic get a free kick for two of their players running into each other, clancy books shankland for the most nothing foul after about 10mins then 'misses' a blatant stamp from mcgregor.

Are you saying the officials are refereeing games fairly?

A corrupt group of referees would never allow us to get in a position to go 5 points clear.

Why didn't the same group of refs stop us from winning 55? Or the League cup? Or the Scottish Cup?

Are you telling me then that you have no concerns with all the contentious decisions that have went against us this Season then ?

I don't follow the logic.

The worst case of cheating - Clancy at Parkhead in December 2019 - failed to stop Rangers winning.

You might as well say Celtic should have been dead and buried before the Ross Co and Dundee games and refs kept them in it.

Back